Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (230509 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by hebex12(m): 11:53pm On Jul 12, 2014
@op I pray God wuld continue to protect u from evils.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 10:20am On Jul 13, 2014
N.A Mortar Teams..Sambisa Forest.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 10:22am On Jul 13, 2014
N.A "Technical"...Frontlines of the North East.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 10:27am On Jul 13, 2014
Ordinance sort-outs before heading out..Frontlines of the N.E

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 10:34am On Jul 13, 2014
Nigerian Army...Frontlines of the N.E.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ZeusAyo: 11:03am On Jul 13, 2014
SiriusBlack: N.A "Technical"...Frontlines of the North East.
seriously thess gun trucks are way under-utilized imagine a gpmG on A landcruiser when it should be something like this@ 1st pik or miniguns like this one@ second pik should be placed on all landcruisers in the NA inventory.... trust me no militia would wana raise his head up when these things start kicking or would want his toyota hilux azz on the sight of that thing

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ZeusAyo: 11:03am On Jul 13, 2014
seriously thess gun trucks are way under-utilized imagine a gpmG on A landcruiser when it should be something like this@ 1st pik or miniguns like this one@ second pik should be placed on all landcruisers in the NA inventory.... trust me no militia would wana raise his head up when these things start kicking or would want the backside of his toyota hilux on the sight of that thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Pangea: 11:19am On Jul 13, 2014
ZeusAyo: seriously thess gun trucks are way under-utilized imagine a gpmG on A landcruiser when it should be something like this@ 1st pik or miniguns like this one@ second pik should be placed on all landcruisers in the NA inventory.... trust me no militia would wana raise his head up when these things start kicking or would want the backside of his toyota hilux on the sight of that thing

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 11:27am On Jul 13, 2014
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by rugged7(m): 11:28am On Jul 13, 2014
@ Siriusblack.
What exactly is the issue with NA's air cover??
Is it a question of lack of airframes, pilots, communication, maintenance or just plain old Nigerian incompetence
Yet we hear of 1 billion dollars spent, JF14, tucanos, amerrachis, alpha jets, HINDS,?Rooivalks etc
How is it possible on God's own earth that a fire-fight goes on for 4 hours and no air support is seen?
It's borderline unbelievable...
And SiriusBlack, please don't ignore me. U could probably save my sanity.... cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by rugged7(m): 11:45am On Jul 13, 2014
rugged7: @ Siriusblack.
Is it a question of lack of airframes, pilots, communication, maintenance or just plain old Nigerian incompetence
Yet we hear of 1 billion dollars spent, JF14, tucanos, amerrachis, alpha jets, HINDS,?Rooivalks etc
How is it possible on God's own earth that a fire-fight goes on for 4 hours and no air support is seen?
And SiriusBlack, please don't ignore me. U could probably save my sanity.... cry

Follow up question@ SiriusBlack...
Our beloved elite army Special forces undecided
What is the situation with 2,3 or 5 man teams recce missions for target designations and calling in air strikes.
Do we even have laser enabled designation bombs and missiles?
How about "Kill teams" targeted at neutralizing top level Boko haram terrorists or their financiers, in or out side Nigeria- take note of rwanda and kenya assassination teams.
Quest que c'est?
I find it hard to believe that an army that has fought, bled and died on four continents is unable to get rid of these ragtag numbskulls.
And @SiriusBlack, do not ignore me again, u might just save my sex life wink

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 11:58am On Jul 13, 2014
rugged7: @ Siriusblack.
The NAF is not incompetent...the problem is simply lack of airframes..How will an Air force covering over 60,000sqkm of battle space have only about 5 Alpha jets and 5 mi-35 helics for operations? How? That number is not even enough to cover half of Maiduguri metropolis if BH decides to invade..One big problem is that military top brass offices are now political positions..for this reason, The NAF bosses will keep saying that all is well...Minister of Information, Labaran Maku even had the balls to say that the NAF is the most "versatile" in the world..is that not madness? New airframes are on the way, but specifics of aircraft to be acquired is still left to speculation.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ObiOkpor(m): 12:00pm On Jul 13, 2014
SiriusBlack: Pls Read...I have no comment on this issue..but read this.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/164658-exclusive-nigerian-army-court-martials-18-soldiers-over-alleged-plot-to-kill-general.html
those soldiers,they did that out of frustration...but dude,who's telling the truth,soldiers or DHQ?
Seriously,i don't know what to believe now...
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by rugged7(m): 12:16pm On Jul 13, 2014
@sirius black...see my follow up questions on assassination teams...

But back to the aircraft issue...It took Iraq less than 2 weeks to order SU25 jets and land tham in Iraq aboard Antonovs.
How come after 5 years of CTCOIN, nigeria is still unable to equip the airforce optimally?

Training: What is ur assessment of the trainings
Ambush and counter ambush tactics, long range reconnaissance etc
Why aren't NA carrying out joint training/exercises with nations on a war/semi-war footing eg israel, ethiopia,uganda, kenya,algeria etc
And why don't they just withdraw ALL soldiers from peacekeeping missions angry

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2014
NPF counter-terror unit, north-east

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 1:35pm On Jul 13, 2014
Henry120: NPF counter-terror unit, north-east
Niceeee... cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 1:41pm On Jul 13, 2014
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 1:45pm On Jul 13, 2014
tempest01: As with the bring back our girls campaign, I think we should start a campaign for the fg to kick start an air support unit for the NA...imagine the number of lives that could have been saved if an air support unit responds in the case of an ambush with apaches and gunships.

We should bring up ideas to drive this point home
what do you think, an hashtag?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by chronique(m): 1:51pm On Jul 13, 2014
Lovely thread. God bless and protect out soldiers. Victory would be ours very soon.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 13, 2014
SiriusBlack: Pls Read...I have no comment on this issue..but read this.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/164658-exclusive-nigerian-army-court-martials-18-soldiers-over-alleged-plot-to-kill-general.html
definately mutiny is act of in discipline,sabotage and possibly treason
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 13, 2014
A 30mm cannon-armed Mi-35P attack helicopter
deployed on combat operations somewhere in N.E
Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by thelegend1(m): 3:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
It's great to have this inspiring thread back. Great use of social media @ Op.

Now, I feel the Nigerian govt should adopt the Israeli strategy of making service in the military mandatory. It will foster patriotism and defence of the Fatherland...rather than some keyboard warriors up in here.

RIP to the brothers who sacrificed their lives for ours. Your crown shall be flawless as promised by the most High

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 13, 2014
thelegend1: It's great to have this inspiring thread back. Great use of social media @ Op.

Now, I feel the Nigerian govt should adopt the Israeli strategy of making service in the military mandatory. It will foster patriotism and defence of the Fatherland...rather than some keyboard warriors up in here.

RIP to the brothers who sacrificed their lives for ours. Your crown shall be flawless as promised by the most High
. That's not adviceable. We should maitain the british-american pattern. You choice to join the noble profession at ur will allowing you to give ur best

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by wasak(m): 4:27pm On Jul 13, 2014
i have a cousin @ borno... nd many of my dad's colleagues. i wish all of them well, i wish the entire Nigerian army victory with d least casualties.
hope my parents will allow me enlist one of these days

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 4:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
Nigerian Army, Frontlines of the North East.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by KriTic24A: 6:17pm On Jul 13, 2014
Now that we are waking up from our slumber, my respect goes to the officers whose LIVES are on the line.....

How good it would have been if don't wait for any crisis to box us into a corner before we do what is right??

Remunerate accordingly, salaries paid as at when due, the dead accorded a beffiting burial and the living well taken care off...

When shall we start practising Equal Right and JUSTICE?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ocelot2006(m): 6:48pm On Jul 13, 2014

For the love of all that is Holy, let the NA replace those Lil GPMGS with 50 cal HMGS Auto Grenade launchers

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ocelot2006(m): 6:51pm On Jul 13, 2014
Courtesy of Henry190 and Siriusblack

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ocelot2006(m): 6:57pm On Jul 13, 2014
More. Courtesy henry190 and siriusblack

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cjrane: 7:04pm On Jul 13, 2014
Ibnsultan: A 30mm cannon-armed Mi-35P attack helicopter
deployed on combat operations somewhere in N.E
Nigeria

[size=14pt][b]We need more attack helicopters and most importantly, with Night fighting capability.

Then use the wolf pack tactics of diving them into teams or battle groups of 2 or 3 helicopters in each group.Even if only 3 attack helicopters are procured this year, a good strategist will know how to use them in surprise attacks against Boko Haram in different parts of Sambisa to unpredictably hit lightly defended BH camps at night. They can also call the Alpha Jets to quickly bomb locations they discover to have heavy BH presence and resistance.This will force BH to continue re-deploying their men every night to evade the helicopters, which will remove the initiative from them of being the ones that determine where and when a skirmish with the Nigerian army should happen.

Depending on F-16 warplanes talk-less of Nigerian Alpha jets alone, to smoke out a highly mobile enemy with plenty of hiding places such as in the Sambisa forest, is like using a caterpillar crane fork-lift to pick up a coca-cola bottle from the floor or to use a shovel to eat a plate of rice instead of using a spoon!

Tanks and artillery are also important tools to support the troops when they run into Boko boys as they push deeper into the Sambisa reserve. But, we have focused too much on these heavy battle tanks and heavy artillery, which are simply also the wrong tools for the job and therefore simply cannot do it.[/b][/size]

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 13, 2014
cjrane:

[size=14pt][b]We need more attack helicopters and most importantly, with Night fighting capability.

Then use the wolf pack tactics of diving them into teams or battle groups of 2 or 3 helicopters in each group.Even if only 3 attack helicopters are procured this year, a good strategist will know how to use them in surprise attacks against Boko Haram in different parts of Sambisa to unpredictably hit lightly defended BH camps at night. They can also call the Alpha Jets to quickly bomb locations they discover to have heavy BH presence and resistance.This will force BH to continue re-deploying their men every night to evade the helicopters, which will remove the initiative from them of being the ones that determine where and when a skirmish with the Nigerian army should happen.

Depending on F-16 warplanes talk-less of Nigerian Alpha jets alone, to smoke out a highly mobile enemy with plenty of hiding places such as in the Sambisa forest, is like using a caterpillar crane fork-lift to pick up a coca-cola bottle from the floor or to use a shovel to eat a plate of rice instead of using a spoon!

Tanks and artillery are also important tools to support the troops when they run into Boko boys as they push deeper into the Sambisa reserve. But, we have focused too much on these heavy battle tanks and heavy artillery, which are simply also the wrong tools for the job and therefore simply cannot do it.[/b][/size]
I would have love APACHE choppers but the yanks will just waste our time. Russian made attack helo's will be game changers

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 13, 2014
ocelot2006: More. Courtesy henry190 and siriusblack
WAW. NO2 pic that's my pic of an SSS female agent during the fuel subsiby protest #locAbuja. I shared it on henry's topic. Its grt seeing it

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (73) (Reply)

Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.