Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - (10278 Views)

Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos / Breaking News! Nafdac Staff Begins Nationwide Strike / Do Nigerians still Use The Mobile Authentication Service (MAS) Found On Drugs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by Tosusa: 10:38am On Jul 07, 2014
National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, NAFDAC, has commenced enforcement of the deadline for implementation of the Mobile Authentication Service, MAS by pharmaceutical companies nationwide.

The enforcement operation which started last week in Abuja under the auspices of the Pharmacovigilance and Post Marketing Surveillance Directorate of NAFDAC was geared towards mopping up from circulation all anti-malarial and anti-biotic medicines that do not carry on their labels, the MAS scratch and text authentication codes introduced in 2010 by the Agency to save consumers from the menace of fake drugs.

Director-General of NAFDAC, Dr. Paul Orhii who is currently celebrated worldwide for introducing multi-layered anti-counterfeiting technology has vowed that there was no going back on enforcement of compliance with the MAS deadline which has previously been shifted twice in the last three years due to plea for more time by segment of the pharmaceutical industry.

Orhii said NAFDAC has the full support of the President and Honourable Minister of Health, Professor Onyebuchi Chukwu to enforce implementation of the service in a bid to eradicate counterfeit drugs in the country.

He disclosed that firm instruction has been given to all NAFDAC offices across the country to go round various pharmaceutical outlets to enforce compliance as deadline is irreversible and sacrosanct.

”The scratch and text service (MAS) has put the power of detecting counterfeit drugs in the hands of over 100 million mobile phone users in the country,” he added.

Orhii stated that the international community is full of commendation for Nigeria for pioneering the use of cutting-edge technologies in combating counterfeit medicines.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/nafdac-begins-enforcement-mobile-authentication-service-nationwide/#sthash.WskaMABk.dpuf

7 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by Beesluv: 7:10pm On Jul 07, 2014
Good
Re: NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by Youngzedd(m): 7:11pm On Jul 07, 2014
Good move.
Re: NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by greatgod2012(f): 7:11pm On Jul 07, 2014
It's a good thing to revive and make NAFDAC relevant again!
Many people are already forgetting all that the late icon,(Dora Akuyili) did, infact, many do not even know if NAFDAC still exist, but with this move now, more people would be aware of it's relevance!

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by meditate(m): 7:12pm On Jul 07, 2014
Great. Hope its sustained.
Re: NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 07, 2014
Excellent! It's all about taking the First step. Nigeria will soar someday.

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by Dragonking: 7:13pm On Jul 07, 2014
Nice one. i just hope it is implemented soonest.

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by Bishop4bella(m): 7:13pm On Jul 07, 2014
Aiit. Hw will they solve d promblems of some chemist who insert xpired drugs in a new sachet 4 customers. Pls take note of diz

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by Yoney007(f): 7:14pm On Jul 07, 2014
And what would this curb

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by Beesluv: 7:15pm On Jul 07, 2014
Dragonking: .

How much is this land?

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by sohl7(m): 7:16pm On Jul 07, 2014
Nice one. Thought they were dead when Late Prof.Dora left.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by tuoyoojo(m): 7:16pm On Jul 07, 2014
A doctor working! Kudos to NAFDAC and the legancy left behind by DORA. God bless 9ja !

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by koboko69: 7:17pm On Jul 07, 2014
They should better know what they are doing. I have seen original drugs from the company that still screams fake when u text for authentication. That stuff alsways causing lots of trobles b/w consumer and supplier.

5 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by greatgod2012(f): 7:19pm On Jul 07, 2014
Anytime i hear or read about NAFDAC, i remember late (Mrs) Dora Akuyili, the icon.....may her soul continue to rest in perfect peace.

6 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by publicenemy(m): 7:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
This a very Good developement...

NAFDAC should concentrate on the Eastern Nigeria the hub of fake drugs.

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by iceberylin(m): 7:31pm On Jul 07, 2014
greatgod2012: Anytime i hear or read about NAFDAC, i remember late (Mrs) Dora Akuyili, the icon.....may her soul continue to rest in perfect peace.
şmђ

ŋā ųŗ māmā

y ę ķųm dђ pāįŋ ų ŋį...

gįŗlş sha
Re: NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by greatgod2012(f): 7:31pm On Jul 07, 2014
[quote author=publicenemy][/quote]

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by EnterPRO: 7:31pm On Jul 07, 2014
nice initiative.

hope the SMS will be free sha?

or they want to generate revenue with it as well?
Re: NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by spillyboy14: 7:33pm On Jul 07, 2014
REALLY?

Re: NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by dridowu: 7:34pm On Jul 07, 2014
Nice initiative but poor network will cause delay in reply if fake/original. Today now, i already bought some drugs but am yet to get response after 5hrs .
*******edited*******
Just receiving notification about the drug i bought after 20hrs

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by publicenemy(m): 7:37pm On Jul 07, 2014
greatgod2012:

You book for space first, then go back to type ur text...

Otherwse you will miss first page....you have been here since 2012 you should be teaching me this technique.
Re: NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by decode55(m): 7:41pm On Jul 07, 2014
undecided
Re: NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by maasoap(m): 7:46pm On Jul 07, 2014
koboko69: They should better know what they are doing. I have seen original drugs from the company that still screams fake when u text for authentication. That stuff alsways causing lots of trobles b/w consumer and supplier.
It screamed fake but you just decided it has to be genuine/original? May God help us from these educated illiterates.
Re: NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by Aromas: 7:56pm On Jul 07, 2014
greatgod2012: It's a good thing to revive and make NAFDAC relevant again!
Many people are already forgetting all that the late icon,(Dora Akuyili) did, infact, many do not even know if NAFDAC still exist, but with this move now, more people would be aware of it's relevance!
ok!
Re: NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by greatgod2012(f): 7:57pm On Jul 07, 2014
iceberylin:
şmђ

ŋā ųŗ māmā

y ę ķųm dђ pāįŋ ų ŋį...

gįŗlş sha

Re: NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by greatgod2012(f): 7:59pm On Jul 07, 2014
publicenemy:

You book for space first, then go back to type ur text...

Otherwse you will miss first page....you have been here since 2012 you should be teaching me this technique.

how can i help you
Re: NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by publicenemy(m): 8:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
greatgod2012:

how can i help you

i meant you should be the one teaching me that technique.
Re: NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by myspnigeria: 8:09pm On Jul 07, 2014
What have they been waiting for since?
Re: NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by thewarrior72: 8:10pm On Jul 07, 2014
The should rather implement the ban W.H.O put on the treatment of malaria cases with artemether undecided
Re: NAFDAC Begins Enforcement For Mobile Authentication Service Nationwide - by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 07, 2014
Good step in right direction. Its long overdue,it will go a long way to reduce the menace of fake drugs..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

WHO Approves China’s Sinovac COVID-19 Vaccine / It's Now One Doctor To 10,000 Patients, 4,000 Doctors To Migrate Abroad – NARD / COVID-19: Anti-Body Test Kits Failed Validation — Osagie Ehanire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.