Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,297 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Policemen Chase Okada Rider, Passengers To Death In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policemen Chase Okada Rider, Passengers To Death In Lagos (477 Views)

White Man, Policeman & Okada Rider On One Motorcycle Over Fuel Scarcity - Photo / Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider / Riot At Ikorodu Garage After Policemen Killed An Okada Rider (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Policemen Chase Okada Rider, Passengers To Death In Lagos by Tosusa: 11:46am On Jul 07, 2014
LAGOS— Three people were reportedly killed by Lagos State Bus Rapid Transit, BRT, with number plate LAGOS XQ 766 LSD and marked LAGBUS F014, yesterday, at Awoyaya area of Ibeju-Lekki along Lekki/Epe Expressway, Lagos.

Eyewitness said the victims were on a motorcycle from Container area of Ibeju-Lekki and were reportedly being chased by RRS men before they ran into a BRT, which killed them instantly.

Chairman of the Arewa community, Ibeju-Lekki, Musa Sule, said: “What happened today (yesterday) was against the right of the people, especially the Arewa community living in this area.

“I live in Abijo area of Ibeju-Lekki, when I got to Awoyaya bus-stop, to my surprise, I saw three people on the road, dead. I was told that RRS men were chasing them but as they tried to escape, they ran into BRT. Both the BRT driver and the RRS men had escaped.

“We are calling on government to come to our rescue because this problem is getting too much in this area. This is not the first time this will happen. This problem must not continue in this area because we are law-abiding people. We will not carry the corpses until appropriate steps are taken.”

One of the indigenes of Ado/Badore area in Ajah, Alhaji Adams, pleaded with government to prevail so that peace will reign in the area.

He said: ”There is need to take the corpses off the road. These are human beings, they should be respected. What happened has happened. We are law-abiding citizens, we don’t want trouble in Ibeju Lekki.”

Meanwhile, the Baale of Awoyaya, Alhaji Yisa Babatunde, has said it was sad to experience such horrible incident in his domain.

According to him, “the activities of the Police in this part of Lagos is nothing to write home about. There is need for government to look into this problem so that it does not degenerate into riot.”

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/policemen-chase-okada-rider-passengers-death-lagos/#sthash.trvnFqQy.dpuf
Re: Policemen Chase Okada Rider, Passengers To Death In Lagos by Redoil: 12:24pm On Jul 07, 2014
Just because they refuse to rogger N50 as usual the police drove them to death. This shows that The life of an average nigeria is worth N16. What a waste

(1) (Reply)

Abia: Supreme Court Indicts Uzor Kalu’s Over His Sack Of 148 LG Officials In 200 / Jonathan’s Presidency Is Like A Fake Doctor’s Practice / APC ‘unsettled’ by Boko Haram probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.