Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,490 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Nairalanders Help A Sister - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Nairalanders Help A Sister (1717 Views)

Nairalanders Help' I Need A Cheap Car / Plz All Nairalanders Help Me Get A Car Under 24 Hrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Help A Sister by benincitys(f): 7:34pm On Oct 07, 2008
is Mitsubishi space wagon a good car to ship to Nigerian can anyone tell me the advantage and disavantage
of this car is 1999 model, am about to buy this carĀ  to use in Nigerian pleaseĀ  people help a sister who have no idea of cars
Re: Nairalanders Help A Sister by rock101(m): 7:47pm On Oct 07, 2008
I dont know so much about cars but from what I know japanese cars are generally okay and are quite cheap to maintain. But has anyone inspected this particular car you want to ship, do you have the VIN and the carfax report?
Re: Nairalanders Help A Sister by benincitys(f): 7:59pm On Oct 07, 2008
no not yet but we will get the carpapers and a new inspection befor we actually buy it.
Re: Nairalanders Help A Sister by ziontrain: 8:29pm On Oct 07, 2008
If you have the option, I will suggest you go for Toyota, Honda, Nissan or Mazda. I don't know much about Mitsubishi and availability of spare parts in Nigeria 'cos I don't live there. My suggestion is based on speaking to naija based nairalanders. All the best.
Re: Nairalanders Help A Sister by showbobo(m): 8:53pm On Oct 07, 2008
ziontrain:

If you have the option, I will suggest you go for Toyota, Honda, Nissan or Mazda. I don't know much about Mitsubishi and availability of spare parts in Nigeria 'because I don't live there. My suggestion is based on speaking to naija based nairalanders. All the best.
Those are the brands and you can also consider Volkswagen.
Re: Nairalanders Help A Sister by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 07, 2008
Re: Nairalanders Help A Sister by benincitys(f): 9:24pm On Oct 07, 2008
thanks thanks thanks .
Re: Nairalanders Help A Sister by olukunle: 11:57pm On Oct 07, 2008
I currently use A mitusbishi spacewagon 2002 model, and i can tell u its a col car.
pls do not hesitat to buy it. Its in the league of toyota or honda, so do not let those that have not used the car discourage you.

the a/c runs well, and the fuel economy is ok. mine is a 4 cylinder GDI engine model. and it has enough room inside.
i hv had it for about 7 months now and the only thing i have done is servicing twice.(this is actually the 3rd mitsubishi am using, having used 2 different galants). i have also used a BMW and a benz, as well as a toyota corolla .

so, dt means i know what am saying.
Re: Nairalanders Help A Sister by benincitys(f): 12:20am On Oct 08, 2008
olukunle:

I currently use A mitusbishi spacewagon 2002 model, and i can tell u its a col car.
please do not hesitat to buy it. Its in the league of toyota or honda, so do not let those that have not used the car discourage you.

the a/c runs well, and the fuel economy is ok. mine is a 4 cylinder GDI engine model. and it has enough room inside.
i hv had it for about 7 months now and the only thing i have done is servicing twice.(this is actually the 3rd mitsubishi am using, having used 2 different galants). i have also used a BMW and a benz, as well as a toyota corolla .

so, dt means i know what am saying.
thanks this help me to think about it again
Re: Nairalanders Help A Sister by Nobody: 3:43am On Oct 08, 2008
Re: Nairalanders Help A Sister by benincitys(f): 10:12pm On Oct 08, 2008
Siena:

Only issue I have with the Space Wagon is it's crash resistance.

It has the usual Mitsubishi reliability, but in terms of structural rigidity, it's not the best.

I know fuel economy and reliability are a big factor in Nigeria, but passenger cell rigidity is mostly overlooked.
I'm speaking from an engineering point of view, as well as from experience (not mine), but feel free to ask other parties.
thanks for the info.
Re: Nairalanders Help A Sister by mercydrops: 5:06am On Oct 09, 2008
Mitsubishi is a very good and a clean car we have quite a number of them here in Nigeria its cheap to maintain and the parts and easily acessible, fuel econonomy and with good workshops you can fix them here in nigeria its a good buy depending on your budget it a car you will enjoy and you will find different brands year and models i nigeria and it has a good second hand value
Re: Nairalanders Help A Sister by benincitys(f): 9:26am On Oct 09, 2008
mercydrops:

Mitsubishi is a very good and a clean car we have quite a number of them here in Nigeria its cheap to maintain and the parts and easily acessible, fuel econonomy and with good workshops you can fix them here in nigeria its a good buy depending on your budget it a car you will enjoy and you will find different brands year and models i nigeria and it has a good second hand value
thanks i am happy to hear this.
Re: Nairalanders Help A Sister by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 09, 2008
Re: Nairalanders Help A Sister by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 09, 2008
Siena:

Buddy, is crash resistance matter in Nigeria?

All I hear about is fuel economy, and cost of maintenance / purchase.

My main criteria when buying a car is to research safety features, crash resistance etc.
I never fail to check cars against the annual J D Power survey for customer satisfaction, and impact resistance.

It also gives or detracts points for passive and active safety, this is what you guys should be giving priority over fuel economy etc.

You're talking something that could save your life, unless your life counts for very little?

I'm guessing you're not a Nigerian.
To be honest, one would think that crash resistance would be the first thing on the minds on nigerians when buying cars because the roads are "death ways/fast way to heaven or hell". On a recent trip, i landed in a huge pot hole bigger than the entire U.S virgin islands. I'm not kidding. The only reason the car didn't perform a "jet li" was because i driving at a pretty slow pace.
The rate at which crashes occur are alarming.
Back to your statement. Most nigerians don't even buy new cars so the question of impact resistance may not really appeal to them. Most cars have damaged airbags, tires, etc. It is funny when you see commercial bus drivers using "stomach belts as seat belts" to deceive the road safety authorities. I wonder whose lives they're deceiving.
It's difficult for the common/middle class man to buy a new car these days since the credit system is basically non-existent. Although, banks have started giving out car loans in recent times sha.
Nigerians are finally seeing the benefits in acquiring "safe" vehicles. The rush for european imports has been reduced for american imports which have more/better safety features
Re: Nairalanders Help A Sister by kuntash: 11:43am On Oct 09, 2008
Siena Crash resistant issue comes in well enough when there are good roads to do the movement. in a place like lag I doubt if an average driver can do 80km/h at a stretch of 2min. The only worry is the Okada and danfo kissing the bumpers. which can occur even when u use a hummer.-
I am even considering that space wagon 4 madam sef. I heard the movt is fast and swift.
Re: Nairalanders Help A Sister by mercydrops: 11:53am On Oct 09, 2008
I love those reply and for quickly correcting the notion that nigerians don't drive new cars , most transportation companies in nigeria now drive new cars, back to the actual issue i feel my sister benincity is a lady and need a lovely car to cruise around in nigeria and not a rugged suv to navigate rugged terrain and mitsubishi spacewagon has an elevated chasis and can still enjoy a smooth ride round the roads of Nigeria cos most ladies don't speed around like men

(1) (Reply)

Fairly Used Toyota Camry 95 For Sale / How Much For Truck / 2005 Toyota Highlander For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.