Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,087 members, 7,849,406 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:47 PM

NIGERIANS SHOULD Stop Giving Excuses For Our Governments Failure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIGERIANS SHOULD Stop Giving Excuses For Our Governments Failure (504 Views)

Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG / El-rufai Kaduna State Governor Ask Buhari To Stop Giving Excuses And Work / Ohaneze Tells Rev. Mbaka To Stop Giving Spiritual Poison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIGERIANS SHOULD Stop Giving Excuses For Our Governments Failure by Tsam96(m): 4:42pm On Jul 07, 2014
After reading a post about the recomendation of the association of prochancelors to introduce payment of tution into our already high university fees and after considering th reaction of various nairalanders to the post. i am suprised at how some people will go to such great length to defend an evidently corrupt Govt. Someone even went to the extent of trying to use our large population as a justifiable excuse for the Govt. not providing quality affordable education. so i set out to find out how much countries with larger population than ours pay to get educated. i actuali took my search to a far extent as i tried to compare our population and education to that of the most populated country in the world china. Before i go on to state d cost of education in china i want to point out that china has a large population of 1,392,472,658 as at 2014 dats no doubt higher than this country's 160 million(which am sure is terribly inflated)
Re: NIGERIANS SHOULD Stop Giving Excuses For Our Governments Failure by Tsam96(m): 4:59pm On Jul 07, 2014
also in china government owned universities have first choice at the students who have scored highest on the gaokao exam equivalent to our utme and only students who are unable to get into prominent goverment universities qo for private institution this mean unlike here Govt colleges are of better standard than privates. finally approximately 25million students in china pay an average of 400 To 2200 Us dollars a year 4 tu7tion which includes instructional materials, room\board and even meals to attend both private institution. In other words the lowest paying student7 pay about 60000Naira whyl the higest about 33000Naira 1 reckon d more expensive 1nes are private schools although we have schools that pay higher than the stated figure but imagine 25Milliom students paying as low as7 low as that how many university student do we hafe in nigeria and how many pay that less. the point of all this is why dont we all star7t see3hing the big picture 4 posterity sake and condemn oppression and corruption in7stead
Re: NIGERIANS SHOULD Stop Giving Excuses For Our Governments Failure by Tsam96(m): 5:08pm On Jul 07, 2014
instead of fighting tooth and nail to defend de government all statIstics 4rm http://www.classbase.com/News/the-cost-of-college-in-china-60 note china has only 20.3billion barrels of oil reserve and we have 37.2 billion barrels of crude oil reserve
Re: NIGERIANS SHOULD Stop Giving Excuses For Our Governments Failure by Mogidi: 5:47pm On Jul 07, 2014
Why don't you go to China an get this top class education you want? Comparing China to Nigeria is like comparing Dangote to an okada rider.
Re: NIGERIANS SHOULD Stop Giving Excuses For Our Governments Failure by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 07, 2014
Was here!

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Dozzybaba? / Apc Vs Pdp / Osun State Gubernatorial Election Kerosine For Votes Unveiled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.