Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,650 members, 7,816,665 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

National Association Of Resident Doctors and NMA-strike Continues!!!!! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / National Association Of Resident Doctors and NMA-strike Continues!!!!! (2250 Views)

NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters / Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors / Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Association Of Resident Doctors and NMA-strike Continues!!!!! by phantom(m): 9:57pm On Jul 07, 2014
The national association of resident doctors at their just concluded emergency delegates meeting have VOTED that the strike continues.

NMA has its emergency delegates meeting tonight to decide whether to suspend or continue the strike through a VOTING process.
If NMA decides to call of the strike,the resident doctors WILL not resume work as they vowed to continue the strike as a stand alone body.
the struggle continues......... sad sad

NMA rising from its delegates meeting vowed to continue.all affiliate bodies except jigawa state nma voted overwhelmingly for the strike.aluta continua
Re: National Association Of Resident Doctors and NMA-strike Continues!!!!! by Oduduwaboy(m): 1:54am On Jul 08, 2014
NARD must stop acting as if it is the only saviour of medical practice im Nigeria...
If NMA deems it fit to suspend the strike then NARD must defer to the parent body. Enough of having a divided house...
But really i believe medical practice in Nigeria is rolling back to the medieval period; the government hospitals are not advancing with the rest of the world, the private hospitals are too expensive for the masses, Nigerians take pride in abusing their doctors...paramedicals want to called doctors etc. ; soon trado-medical people will also carry placards! I just cant see a bright future for medical practice in the next 100years!

I think its time to run...Australia, Saskatchewan or USA.
Re: National Association Of Resident Doctors and NMA-strike Continues!!!!! by prettyprettywow: 2:09am On Jul 08, 2014
Time to run? run go where? Australia and USA, really? hahahahaha, in your dream?. Who go give you work permit for those countries? You think if it is that easy, we will still have Drs in Naija? Na local champions our Drs be. No go area. That's why they are here fighting a lost battle.
Oduduwaboy: NARD must stop acting as if it is the only saviour of medical practice im Nigeria...
If NMA deems it fit to suspend the strike then NARD must defer to the parent body. Enough of having a divided house...
But really i believe medical practice in Nigeria is rolling back to the medieval period; the government hospitals are not advancing with the rest of the world, the private hospitals are too expensive for the masses, Nigerians take pride in abusing their doctors...paramedicals want to called doctors etc. ; soon trado-medical people will also carry placards! I just cant see a bright future for medical practice in the next 100years!

I think its time to run...Australia, Saskatchewan or USA.
Re: National Association Of Resident Doctors and NMA-strike Continues!!!!! by Oduduwaboy(m): 3:01am On Jul 08, 2014
prettyprettywow: Time to run? run go where? Australia and USA, really? hahahahaha, in your dream?. Who go give you work permit for those countries? You think if it is that easy, we will still have Drs in Naija? Na local champions our Drs be. No go area. That's why they are here fighting a lost battle.
You are a liar!
Guys are going and still making a success of it. Those that chose not to go had their reasons...its not everyone that likes emigration anyway! Besides i was just joking.

Also i have done some research concerning headship of hospitals in the outside world. That Doctors head Teaching hospitals of repute is not in doubt viz, Johns Hopkins hospitals, Harvard medical school affiliates ( abt 5 of them), Cedars- Sinai hospital New york, Cleveland clinic Ohio, Mayo clinic minnesota etc . Anyone can tell you that these are the foremost healthcare institutions in the United States.

JOHESU liars should desist from confusing the masses in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Resident Doctors and NMA-strike Continues!!!!! by prettyprettywow: 4:46am On Jul 08, 2014
I didn't say anything about headship in my post. Don't know why you are shouting. And no need of doing research to prove that. those doctors have the extra qualification (e.g MBA, masters in hospital administration), you can google their qualifications. USA is not Nigeria where mediocrity is the order of the day. Most medical workers in US that have interest in administration are getting their MBA. If a Dr has the necessary administrative qualifications, then he/she can head. Who the cap fits should wear it. But the point is that MBBS is not equal to headship.

Besides, nobody chooses not to emigrate to USA. what could possibly be your reason? abi you like boko haram?who go even dash you work permit? lol. Who no like dollars. My point is that it is not easy for Drs. By the way, The university medical center where I am is not headed by a Dr.
Anyway, this post is not about headship of hospitals, I don't know why you want to turn it into one. I don't know your reason for calling me a liar tho.
Oduduwaboy:
You are a liar!
Guys are going and still making a success of it. Those that chose not to go had their reasons...its not everyone that likes emigration anyway! Besides i was just joking.

Also i have done some research concerning headship of hospitals in the outside world. That Doctors head Teaching hospitals of repute is not in doubt viz, Johns Hopkins hospitals, Harvard medical school affiliates ( abt 5 of them), Cedars- Sinai hospital New york, Cleveland clinic Ohio, Mayo clinic minnesota etc . Anyone can tell you that these are the foremost healthcare institutions in the United States.

JOHESU liars should desist from confusing the masses in Nigeria.
Re: National Association Of Resident Doctors and NMA-strike Continues!!!!! by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 08, 2014
The FG should channel funds into the development of Homeopathic Medicine, Natural Medicine,Ayurvedic medicine, Ethnomedicine, Functional medicine, Holistic medicine and research into these important fields of medicine as is done in China, India U.S.A etc, where our Politicians go for medical tourism.

No country with a solid health care system depends majorly on just one system of health practice-Allopathic medicine.

Nigeria is ripe for a Pluralistic Medical system.

(1) (Reply)

Some Freaky Diseases You Won't Believe Really Exist. / Elders (old Peoples Place) Home In Ikorodu / 6 Ways Coconut & Its Water Can Boost Your Sexual Performance (biadefola.com.ng)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.