Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

RED Alert - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / RED Alert (541 Views)

Red Alert For Lagos Residents / RED ALERT!! Sir James Leads 10 Men To Shutdown Eket! / Red Alert: This Is Another Type Of Scam Email Beware!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

RED Alert by henrijin: 11:11am On Jul 08, 2014
We are on the brim of a RED alert. Nigeria's life expectancy currently stands at 48yrs for male and 52yrs for female. The cause? Our lifestyle and hustle. How can this be curbed you ask? Just 3 basic things.

1. REST - A sound mind can only be efficient in a well rested body. For those of us who have a regular 8-5 job; we wake up 4am or 4.30am to prepare to leave the house for work and caught in traffic before we get to our places of work. We are up and down during work and don't even utilise the break time. We close
5pm or later. Stuck in traffic and we are home between 10pm and 12am. Even after we get home that late, we still want to catch that late night programme (sports, Telemundo, news, movies). And the cycle continues for 5days. Saturday, a work-free day is spent attending weddings and other social events. Sunday, we spend more than half of the day at places of worship and not forgetting vigils every Friday.

2. EXERCISE - We all know how to go about this. Light aerobics and stretches will do. I'm not saying you should jog from Agege to Ketu every morning and evening. Don't overdo it.

3. DIET - In this part of the Globe, we basically eat carbohydrates and protein no matter the form. Fruits and vegetable will to a very great extent balance our diet. Now you'll ask me, "how can I eat fruits and vegetables when they are so expensive?". If you can afford to buy enough fruits, please do. Another option is to take supplements to make up for the 'unconsumed' class of food. The problem with our fruits is that they are not in their natural state again. I know how lucky I was when I was in school and during NYSC (I pick well matured fruits from the ground of its tree to eat. I usually eat close to 20mangoes/day in its season when I was in school. No exageration here. There were mango trees and oranges everywhere you go). Those in the rural areas and anybody with a tree of fruit in his compound should be grateful. So we in the urban areas are left to the mercy of supplements (consult your physician for professional advice).

It is certain that if we can curb this "RED Alert", our life expectancy will improve and we can be more efficient in producing or rendering services to generate more wealth and ultimately improve the well-being of our great Nigeria.

Stay healthy.
.....a message from Oscar Golf Bravo (I'm not a medical personnel)
Re: RED Alert by mdbissalla(m): 11:19am On Jul 08, 2014
Pls change the title of you thread....
sorry pleas

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See A 24yr Old Who Has Spent Over $30,000 Just To Look Like Kim Kardashian / Most Priced Material Possession / Glo GBAM Now Offer 9k/s For 5 Special Number :-\

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.