Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline (39145 Views)

7 Things Babies Do In The Womb That’ll Blow Your Mind … (must See) / 30 Health Tips Everyone Must Know (A Must Read) / 7 Things That Can Cause Low Sperm Count (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by CVWizards(m): 7:06am On Jul 09, 2014
OP, thanks for sharing. I never knew all these.
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Godfullsam(m): 7:10am On Jul 09, 2014
I hate drugs....any drug sad.
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 09, 2014
did you know that tetracycline glows under ultraviolet light and if you take it regularly it gets absorbed into your living tissues and bones.In orthopedic surgery they have been used as markers to identify living bone. The patient is given a tetracycline antibiotic for several weeks prior to surgery. Some of the tetracycline is absorbed into
the bone during this period. Since tetracyclines
glow under ultraviolet light, this absorption helps the surgeon distinguish the living bone from the
dead tissue that must be removed.

5 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by sunnywhyt(m): 7:15am On Jul 09, 2014
Soft...tnx for the info
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by shevy45(m): 7:19am On Jul 09, 2014
Guy you be drug addict be that oh.
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by ignis: 7:24am On Jul 09, 2014
Smartsyn: op what is its chemical formula?

that is first thing we are told to know about a compound.
What a quack chemistry teacher you got....
Do all compounds have chemical formula?
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Tupundu(m): 7:25am On Jul 09, 2014
yinchar: @OP, You forget to add that, Its also very effective in the treatment of Pimples and Acne.
ΨΩU SURΣ
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 09, 2014
yinchar: @OP, You forget to add that, Its also very effective in the treatment of Pimples and Acne.
Yeah, datz true
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by condralbede(m): 7:49am On Jul 09, 2014
LordCenturion: video or I donbiliv it...

actually, it make me sleep like dommy nuisance when I take it

Wao U look cute man.nice pix u got thr.
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Yemlizzy(f): 7:56am On Jul 09, 2014
The drug itself is just so bittersad

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Olutola88(m): 8:08am On Jul 09, 2014
2. Tetracycline is not to be taken by children less than eight years. The drug may cause permanent discolouring of your teeth.

3. Pregnant women (or those planning to get pregnant soon) or nursing (bosom feeding) mothers should not us tetracycline

THESE TWO POINTS ARE VERY CRUCIAL. THAT'S WHY YOU SEE SOME INDIVIDUALS WITH BROWN TEETH. THEY WERE NOT BORN LIKE THAT, NO THANKS TO TETRACYCLINE AND IGNORANCE ON THE PART OF PREGNANT WOMEN AND NURSING MOTHERS

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by freshness2020: 8:09am On Jul 09, 2014
Omexonomy: consulting a doctor is very expensive in lagos
Why not try ignorance !
SMH
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Emulti(m): 8:19am On Jul 09, 2014
DrOBD: Please consult your doctor (pharmacists also have deep knowledge about drugs) before taking any drug. Consult any other health worker at your own risk. My 2 cent.

Google is d best doctor. Those doctors u wish to consult know wat am talking about, afterall most of then can't even prescribe without consulting google.
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by DocAdray(f): 8:25am On Jul 09, 2014
True talk OP,
Nice one...
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Omexonomy: 8:33am On Jul 09, 2014
freshness2020:
Why not try ignorance !
SMH
why not try herb instead of ignorance
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by MARKone(m): 8:37am On Jul 09, 2014
Cheap and a very effective drug. Takes care of cuts and bruises
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by yinchar(m): 8:42am On Jul 09, 2014
Tupundu: ΨΩU SURΣ
101% Positive dude, you will me amazed.
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 09, 2014
Thank u for dis topic cos am also a fan of d drug. Esp wen I was told it cures acne don't know how it does dat cos I used it and it didn't so I stopped cos I was scared f takin it everyday. Noted sha
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Bigsteveg(m): 8:57am On Jul 09, 2014
I'll like to ask, is it true that flagyl is good for pile?
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Bigsteveg(m): 9:00am On Jul 09, 2014
talk2cj08: TETRACYCLINE
popularly called “red and yellow capsule” in places like Nigeria isan antibiotic and one of the medications that have been seriously abused.It’s a first choice for many people in treating diarrhea; and a lot of them do not use the right dosage. Many people are guilty of this.Here are very important facts you must know before you use another dose of tetracycline.

1. Don’t use less than the required dose. Some people use only 2 or 4 capsules and they stop. This will cause resistance, and it may not work for you when you use it another time.

2. Tetracycline is not to be taken by children less than eight years. The drug may cause permanent discolouring of your teeth.

3. Pregnant women (or those planning to get pregnant soon) or nursing (breast feeding) mothers should not us tetracycline

4. Tetracycline should not be taken with milk, yoghurt or other dairy products.

5. Tetracycline should NOT be used at the same time with oral contraceptives. This is because taking the drug at the same time with some oral contraceptives may cause the contraceptive not to work.

6. Tetracycline might produce some side effects such as diarrhoea, blurred vision, nausea and vomiting, dizziness, infections of the vagina, etc as adverse effects. 

7. Always consult your doctor, pharmacist or other health professionals before using tetracycline or any other antibiotic.

Pls, I'll like to ask, is it true that flagyl is good for pile?
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by ehisdan(m): 9:02am On Jul 09, 2014
NickiRoman: Lotta things I didn't know about that drug
HOW WILL U KNOW WHEN PROSTINOL IS LIKE PURE WATER. *PEACE*
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by gebest: 9:08am On Jul 09, 2014
patrickdarlins: hmmm...dis drug has been in existence since my grandmum tym oo....dem de take am like panadol anytime dey sensed running stomach oo...lols...wetin u nor know...nor fit kill u...dat was den oo....not now oo..
and the drug can work!
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by drizzydrag(m): 9:18am On Jul 09, 2014
I just finished one sachet of Tetracycline and Flagyl together for Dysentery... And I feel like throwing up most of d time.
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by LordCenturion(m): 9:38am On Jul 09, 2014
phemmy88:

u mean dis is u.., and you've not been acting horror film? why hide ur talent

which kind stupid talent u got,,the man in there is you

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 09, 2014
IjogzK: I take it like Tom Tom anytym I wanna keep my mouth busy grin
eewww!!! wat da hell?
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Jennifer89(f): 10:25am On Jul 09, 2014
Thank you for the information.
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Jfactor(m): 10:34am On Jul 09, 2014
used in fish treatment also
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 09, 2014
Impulse80: Please there is no cause for control, everything is under alarm.
Its almost 12 pm n u hv Not taken ur drugs go n do the needful.
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by hollandis(f): 11:32am On Jul 09, 2014
Guykhena: *sighs* bye bye yogurt sad

I think you are lactose intolerant .Most Africans are ,but don't realize shocked
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Juicysam(m): 11:38am On Jul 09, 2014
DrOBD: Please consult your doctor (pharmacists also have deep knowledge about drugs) before taking any drug. Consult any other health worker at your own risk. My 2 cent.
VERY DEEP is more appropriate sir
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by vislabraye(m): 11:38am On Jul 09, 2014
. Consulting Native doctor is not bad either.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie / Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria / How To Train Your Brain To Stop Worrying !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.