Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,004 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Photo: Man Dumps ‘crippled’ Nephew On Refuse Heap - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Photo: Man Dumps ‘crippled’ Nephew On Refuse Heap (1246 Views)

Man Dumps Wife For Being A Bad Cook / What Can I Get My One Year Old Nephew On His Birthday? / Man Dumps Wife For Sister Inlaw, Says Her Cooking And Sex Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo: Man Dumps ‘crippled’ Nephew On Refuse Heap by biodunid: 1:15pm On Jul 08, 2014
Man dumps ‘crippled’ nephew on refuse heap

Posted by: Osagie Otabor, Benin in News Update 5 days ago

A 25- year old physically challenged man identified as Danjuma has been allegedly dumped on a refuse heap by his uncle apparently to die.

Danjuma is the only child of his deceased mother and no family member could locate his father’s whereabouts.

The Nation gathered that the mother, a former staff of Nigeria Telecommunication, left money for his well being but family members kept it to themselves.

The refuse heap where Danjuma was dumped is high and our reporter had to climb it to get his photograph.

Also, journalists were forced to shout in order to talk to him.

The young man demanded for a plate of rice and stew and said he was kept there by his uncle.

The wheel chair used by Danjuma was at the refuse heap.

Neighbors said he was taken up the refuse heap by the uncle after he was left in the rain and sun for many weeks.

They said the uncle threatened to deal with anybody that gives him (Danjuma) food.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/man-dumps-crippled-nephew-on-refuse-heap/
Re: Photo: Man Dumps ‘crippled’ Nephew On Refuse Heap by biodunid: 1:16pm On Jul 08, 2014
Photo

Re: Photo: Man Dumps ‘crippled’ Nephew On Refuse Heap by biodunid: 1:16pm On Jul 08, 2014
‘Dustbin man’ yet to be removed

Posted by: Osagie Otabor, Benin in News 9 hours ago

A 25-year-old man, Danjuma, who was dumped on a refuse heap by his uncle, is yet to be removed.

The Nation broke the story of his plight last week.

Danjuma, a physically challenged orphan, was left in the care of relatives by his mother, who reportedly left money for his upkeep.

Sources said the money was not spent on him as he has been living off the gestures of kind hearted neighbours, who had been giving him food secretly.

He has reportedly spent over three weeks on the refuse heap before his plight was brought to public knowledge by the Coordinator of Forum of Nigerian Women in Politics, Mrs. Florence Igbinigie.

It was learnt that neighbours removed Danjuma from the refuse heap after The Nation’s report but his uncle threatened to deal with anyone who cared for him again. He threw him back on the refuse heap.

Mrs. Igbinigie showed The Nation copies of letters sent to the Ministry of Women Affairs and the Commissioner of Police.

She said the divisional police officer in charge of the zone said it was not within their responsibility to take Danjuma from the heap.

The letter reads: “I wish to draw your urgent attention to a 25-year-old cripple who was thrown on a refuse heap by his uncle, Mr. Arase.

“As we tried to approach the house, the uncle attacked us. Due to his attitude, we suspect more harm could be done to the boy. Hence we write you to please intervene to seek justice for this inhuman treatment.

“Please use your office to help rehabilitate the boy. We have been caring for him since we learnt about the incident.”
Re: Photo: Man Dumps ‘crippled’ Nephew On Refuse Heap by biodunid: 1:17pm On Jul 08, 2014
This is a pretty common occurrence in our blessed nation. Evil permeates this land from end to end. This also highlights the risk in using relatives as estate trustees.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Man Dumps ‘crippled’ Nephew On Refuse Heap by biodunid: 1:18pm On Jul 08, 2014
Danjuma is the only child of his deceased mother and no family member could locate his father’s whereabouts.

The Nation gathered that the mother, a former staff of Nigeria Telecommunication, left money for his well being but family members kept it to themselves.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Man Dumps ‘crippled’ Nephew On Refuse Heap by biodunid: 1:20pm On Jul 08, 2014
This is happening somewhere in Edo apparently. Are there nairalanders in the house who can track down the location and intervene? Is the Comrade Governor still alive and KICKING?
Re: Photo: Man Dumps ‘crippled’ Nephew On Refuse Heap by delishpot: 1:53pm On Jul 08, 2014
Make una helpme close my mouth naaaa! So, police talk say dem no get power reach to rescue the man? Hiannn naija I hail o. So dem no fit arrest the uncle, bring the boy down and keep am for a home for disabled?
Hiannnnnn Naijiriyaaaaaaa. Na everyday shame dey catch me for our police and leaders o.
Big shame dey do me now. I understand neighbours wey no fit do much, afterall we all dey strugle to chop and drink and we must go out work so to just take sick man put for house no be option. But our government, wey supose build a shelter, employ people ( job creation) to help the helpless sef throway face, dem no go UK go see how dem dey run society? Na only TV fee and parking ticket and toll gate naim dem go learn for UK ni?
Odiegwu o, me no fit fight o I join the group wey dey look God face.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Man Dumps ‘crippled’ Nephew On Refuse Heap by ahnie: 3:20pm On Jul 08, 2014
sad
Re: Photo: Man Dumps ‘crippled’ Nephew On Refuse Heap by Kanwulia: 8:07pm On Jul 08, 2014
THE WILL OF UNA GOD AT WORK AGAIN! cheesy
Re: Photo: Man Dumps ‘crippled’ Nephew On Refuse Heap by baby124: 8:42pm On Jul 08, 2014
Kanwulia: THE WILL OF UNA GOD AT WORK AGAIN! cheesy

Kai, kanwulia. Na your people o. You no get anything to say now abi?

Ok

1 Like

Re: Photo: Man Dumps ‘crippled’ Nephew On Refuse Heap by Kanwulia: 8:43pm On Jul 08, 2014
baby124:

Kai, kanwulia. Na your people o. You no get anything to say now abi?

Ok

Which my pipo? undecided
I nor ge BINI abeg o. . . Tufiakwa!!!

I be AFEMAI!
Thank you! kiss
FYI. . . as we dey manage ONE NIGERIA, na so we dey manage EDO STATE! kiss
Blame Lord Lugard!
How for do?
Abi you tink say na only una get UNA OWN BIAFRA SYNDROME? kiss

http://ngex.com/nigeria/places/states/edo.htm

Edo state is home to several ethnicities, [size=20pt]among them the Bini, Esan and Afemai.[/size] The state is renowned for its proficiency in sports and athletics and a culture of intellectual edification and scholastic excellence. The University of Benin, one of Nigeria's prominent Universities is located in Edo State, as are other institutions of higher learning.

We have absolutely NOTHING IN COMMON. . .it shows you do not know anything past your ONITSHA BRIDGE. . . .
Pity! kiss
Re: Photo: Man Dumps ‘crippled’ Nephew On Refuse Heap by baby124: 8:43pm On Jul 08, 2014
How crippled is this guy. Is it that he is crippled or a bit mentally slow.

He seems unable to do anything with himself considering he cant even get himself out of there.

Na wa o. What a wicked family member. How can you just dump a whole human being on a refuse heap like rubbish.

Na wa o. Where is the governor. Someone needs to take this to the front page.
Re: Photo: Man Dumps ‘crippled’ Nephew On Refuse Heap by baby124: 8:44pm On Jul 08, 2014
Kanwulia:

Which my pipo? undecided

Edo pipo
Re: Photo: Man Dumps ‘crippled’ Nephew On Refuse Heap by Kanwulia: 8:45pm On Jul 08, 2014
baby124:

Edo pipo

Ok thank you!
When the boy dies from ritualists or he KILLS HIS FATHER OR MOTHER. . . PLEASE CALL ME BACK! kiss
You know how many tribes dey for EDO STATE?
Abi you tink say na like IGBOLAND OR YORUBALAND?
Abeg go educate yasef o.
You need am gaaaaaaaaaaaaan! kiss
Re: Photo: Man Dumps ‘crippled’ Nephew On Refuse Heap by cococandy(f): 9:18pm On Jul 08, 2014
I'm not too mad at the uncle
I'm not very mad at the young man.
But I'm weakened by the fact that people climbed up there took pictures and came back down to scream for 'help'

Like seriously?
The uncle. One man. Held all the witnesses hostage such that none of them can do anything to help the crippled guy?

Well I don't believe it.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Man Dumps ‘crippled’ Nephew On Refuse Heap by baby124: 9:53pm On Jul 08, 2014
Kanwulia:
Which my pipo? undecided
I nor ge BINI abeg o. . . Tufiakwa!!!
I be AFEMAI!
Thank you! kiss
FYI. . . as we dey manage ONE NIGERIA, na so we dey manage EDO STATE! kiss
Blame Lord Lugard!
How for do?
Abi you tink say na only una get UNA OWN BIAFRA SYNDROME? kiss
http://ngex.com/nigeria/places/states/edo.htm
We have absolutely NOTHING IN COMMON. . .it shows you do not know anything past your ONITSHA BRIDGE. . . .
Pity! kiss
Kanwulia:
Ok thank you!
When the boy dies from ritualists or he KILLS HIS FATHER OR MOTHER. . . PLEASE CALL ME BACK! kiss
You know how many tribes dey for EDO STATE?
Abi you tink say na like IGBOLAND OR YORUBALAND?
Abeg go educate yasef o.
You need am gaaaaaaaaaaaaan! kiss

Taa! commot dia Kanwulia. This guy's name is Danjuma. Afemai and Esan people have muslim names. If i hear. You think sey you fit hide under "vaious tribes" in Benin. How many Bini people bear muslim names

Afemailand is rich in culture and tradition. The people are a mixture of traditional worshipers, [size=18pt]Muslims[/size], and Christians groups.
http://www.afemaipeople.com/intro-about-afemai/

Prove that Danjuma is not Afemai. grin
Re: Photo: Man Dumps ‘crippled’ Nephew On Refuse Heap by Kanwulia: 9:54pm On Jul 08, 2014
baby124:

Taa! commot dia Kanwulia. This guy's name is Danjuma. Afemai and Esan people have muslim names. If i hear. You think sey you fit hide under "vaious tribes" in Benin. How many Bini people bear muslim names

http://www.afemaipeople.com/intro-about-afemai/

Prove that Danjuma is not Afemai. grin

What exactly is your mission on this thread? undecided
Soooooooooooooo? If na AFEMAI nko?
He can rot in hell like any other criminal NIGERIAN.
I could care less. kiss

Na una dey carry tribe for neck like cross. . . Not me.
I really don't care for NIGERIANS as INDIVIDUALS OR AS A WHOLE GROUP!
AFEMAI OR NOT.

Now. . . what is your point? undecided
Abi you hear say I dey cry say na EDO MAN OR WOMAN. . . they can rot in NIGERIA FOR ALL I CARE.
Or I come NL to meet Nigerians OR AFEMAI PEOPLE? Like I can stand them myself? undecided
Haba!
Re: Photo: Man Dumps ‘crippled’ Nephew On Refuse Heap by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 08, 2014
Lord have mercy. This is so unfair yet we have religious fanatics all over the place. Wickedness every where. Nigerians always taking advantage of the slightest opportunity to exploit others. Jeez.

height of lawlesness.sunday na them go carry bible go church. Wednesday them go say them dey go home cell fellowship. Muslims will wake every body in the neighbourhood because they want to display how holy and religious they are and how they can practice 5 times a day prayer but to practice love and hospitality lipsrsealed

No wonder God is punishing us with the kind of unreasonable and shameless political leaders
Re: Photo: Man Dumps ‘crippled’ Nephew On Refuse Heap by baby124: 10:03pm On Jul 08, 2014
Kanwulia:
What exactly is your mission on this thread? undecided
Soooooooooooooo? If na AFEMAI nko?
He can rot in hell like any other criminal NIGERIAN.
I could care less. kiss
Na una dey carry tribe for neck like cross. . . Not me.
I really don't care for NIGERIANS as INDIVIDUALS OR AS A WHOLE GROUP!
AFEMAI OR NOT.
Now. . . what is your point? undecided
Abi you hear say I dey cry say na EDO MAN OR WOMAN. . . they can rot in NIGERIA FOR ALL I CARE.
Or I come NL to meet Nigerians OR AFEMAI PEOPLE? Like I can stand them myself? undecided
Haba!

My point is, if it was another tribe. You would have finished them. Now its your people, you are leaving comments like this:
Kanwulia: THE WILL OF UNA GOD AT WORK AGAIN! cheesy

hmmm
Re: Photo: Man Dumps ‘crippled’ Nephew On Refuse Heap by Kanwulia: 10:05pm On Jul 08, 2014
baby124:

My point is, if it was another tribe. You would have finished them. Now its your people, you are leaving comments like this:

hmmm

Only if there is a recurrent theme. . . happening WEEKLY!
It is a statistical matter to me. . . so I know the kinds of people to avoid in my life and death!
I am already AFEMAI. . . .
Case closed! kiss

Some CRIMES are more hereditary than others! wink

You want me to prove he is not AFEMAI?
How?
When we have ALHAJIS with Igbo names. . . .crossing the RIVER NIGER to inhabit other people's lands ever in search of BIAFRA?
In this day and age. . .when BOKO HARAM DON REACH ABA AND ENUGU? undecided

You must be kidding right? cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Girl Organizes Own Kidnap With Boyfriend To Collect N10m From Parents / How Come We Dont Have Full House Husband In Nigeria? / Should Parents Raise Their Children In A Strict Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.