Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,045 members, 7,849,220 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:30 PM

The Centrality Of The Cross - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Centrality Of The Cross (477 Views)

The Centrality Of Christ In Christianity / What Happened To Brother Emma And Lazarus Of The Voice Of The Cross / How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Centrality Of The Cross by yommyuk: 2:37pm On Jul 08, 2014
In Jesus’ day, crucifixion was used by the Roman government as a method of executing criminals. God transformed the cross into a symbol that unites Christians everywhere. It stands at the heart of what we believe and serves as a central focus of the gospel message. When we consider the cross, we will think about . . .

JESUS AND HIS PERFECT LIFE.
Our Savior left heaven to dwell on earth and become one of us. While here, He obediently accomplished the work His Father had given Him (John 5:19). Because of His perfect life, He alone was qualified to be our substitute and bear God’s judgment for our sins.

CRUCIFIXION.
Christ went to the cross in order to reconcile us to God. He suffered a painful death on our behalf, and through His sacrifice, our sin debt has been paid. God’s justice was fully satisfied at Calvary. Nothing else is required for our salvation.

RESURRECTION AND ASCENSION.
Three days after Jesus was buried, God raised Him from the dead. The Savior’s sacrifice on the cross was accepted as payment for our sins, and the way to heaven was opened for all who trust in Jesus. Our resurrected Lord, having appeared on earth to many people, ascended to live forever with His Father. Jesus conquered death and made it possible for us to dwell in heaven with Him someday.
Every Sunday I invite people to place their faith in Jesus Christ. Because of the cross and what happened there, such an invitation has great value to the hearer. In fact, the events of Calvary continue to be relevant to Christians of all ages. Take time today to thank the Lord for the cross.

Mark 8:34
And calling the crowd to him with his disciples, he said to them, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me

Matthew 10:38
And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

1 Corinthians 1:18
For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

Awareness In The Presence Of God / God Has No Problem Showing You Your Life Partner,are You Ready To Discover Him.. / Is Your Life Wonder-full Or Wonder-empty?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.