Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,410 members, 7,812,215 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. (860 Views)

21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert / Use Hydrogen Peroxide To Kill Ebola Virus On Surfaces And General Hygiene / "Joystick" Hygiene – What To Do And What To Avoid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. by Wale112(m): 4:08pm On Jul 08, 2014
Boarded a bus earlier today and the person sitting next to me raised his arm up and the odor that came out isn't different from mortuary.

DISCUSS

Re: Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. by mstik(f): 4:09pm On Jul 08, 2014
Mostly the men sha

2 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. by farano(f): 4:12pm On Jul 08, 2014
Why is dis on romance section
Re: Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. by Wale112(m): 4:12pm On Jul 08, 2014
mstik: Mostly the men sha

You right grin grin
Re: Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. by Illuminatus(m): 4:15pm On Jul 08, 2014
Since you were obviously quite disturbed by the reported odor, did you talk to the man about it? Did you tell him? I'm guessing no...
And therein lies another problem. I believe that you had mentioned to the man (rather than rant about it here) that you perceive a particular BO from him, he would make conscious effort to improve.
My two cowries
Re: Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. by lomaxx: 4:16pm On Jul 08, 2014

In this thread a woman was saying women shouldn't shave their pubic hair

https://www.nairaland.com/1804296/people-dont-shave-pubic-region
Re: Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. by mstik(f): 4:19pm On Jul 08, 2014
So...... Why you telling' me
lomaxx:

In this thread a woman was saying women shouldn't shave their pubic hair

https://www.nairaland.com/1804296/people-dont-shave-pubic-region
Re: Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. by lomaxx: 4:22pm On Jul 08, 2014
mstik: So...... Why you telling' me

Do you need to be told?

It's a public forum. Deal with it!
Re: Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. by mstik(f): 4:24pm On Jul 08, 2014
I don't get you? Wat point are you trying to make? Why are you showing me this thread? What does it have to do with this topic?
lomaxx:

Do you need to be told?

It's a public forum. Deal with it!
Re: Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. by DocAdray(f): 4:24pm On Jul 08, 2014
OP, stop generalising.

Hygiene is an individual/personal thing.
Re: Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. by McWhillion(m): 4:28pm On Jul 08, 2014
So you think its mostly men right, you've got to be joking.
Sat close to a pretty chick in a bus this afternoon and my sensitive nose picked the odour of her armpit even without her raising her hand and she's just one example of many.
Re: Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. by lomaxx: 4:29pm On Jul 08, 2014
mstik: I don't get you? Wat point are you trying to make? Why are you showing me this thread? What does it have to do with this topic?

That I quoted your post doesn't mean I'm communicating with you. I'm not passing a point across to you. It's a public forum and my post is for whoever is reading.

The topic was about hygiene and Nigerians. And a misguided post indicated that men are the most culprits. I quoted that post and added a link to another thread where a woman was shamelessly advocating that pubic hair should be left to grow perennially- which obviously is a case of hygiene.

Please quit thinking that quoting your post means communicating with you. I'm passing a message to those who are smart enough to understand.
Re: Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. by lomaxx: 4:30pm On Jul 08, 2014
DocAdray: OP, stop generalising.

Hygiene is an individual/personal thing.

Finally, somebody with sense arrives.

Hey baby, we meet again. wink

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. by 190theclown: 4:31pm On Jul 08, 2014
They are mostly in lagos grin grin

I heard someone saying that Lagosians only bathe once in 3days

Im not sure doe but i heard angry

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. by mstik(f): 4:32pm On Jul 08, 2014
I know some girls also have pretty nasty hygiene, whether they are pretty or not
McWhillion:
So you think its mostly men right, you've got to be joking.
Sat close to a pretty chick in a bus this afternoon and my sensitive nose picked the odour of her armpit even without her raising her hand and she's just one example of many.
Re: Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. by 190theclown: 4:34pm On Jul 08, 2014
some girls sef hardly wash their punanie grin

wale.star once said he picked up a girl and immediately she remove pant

the smell from that area was enuf to roast corn

Like i said before im not sure sha but i know i heard angry

2 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. by McWhillion(m): 4:34pm On Jul 08, 2014
mstik: I know some girls also have pretty nasty hygiene, whether they are pretty or not
I just wanted you to correct your notion, I'm not talking about pretty girls here.
Re: Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. by farano(f): 4:34pm On Jul 08, 2014
lomaxx:

That I quoted your post doesn't mean I'm communicating with you. I'm not passing a point across to you. It's a public forum and my post is for whoever is reading.

The topic was about hygiene and Nigerians. And a misguided post indicated that men are the most culprits. I quoted that post and added a link to another thread where a woman was shamelessly advocating that pubic hair should be left to grow perennially- which obviously is a case of hygiene.

Please quit thinking that quoting your post means communicating with you. I'm passing a message to those who are smart enough to understand.
See this one o. You can make your point without quoting her! grin
Re: Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. by mstik(f): 4:34pm On Jul 08, 2014
Okay if you want to pass across any message, don't quote my posts aiit? There are other ways of doing so. And also learn to deal with the truth....
lomaxx:

Re: Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. by lomaxx: 4:36pm On Jul 08, 2014
mstik: Okay if you want to pass across any message, don't quote my posts aiit? There are other ways of doing so. And also learn to deal with the truth....

There.

I just quoted your post. I hope you got the message.
Juvenile bitc.h!!!
Re: Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. by farano(f): 4:36pm On Jul 08, 2014
mstik: Okay if you want to pass across any message, don't quote my posts aiit? There are other ways of doing so. And also learn to deal with the truth....
Exactly dear don't mind him.. Lolz. Just Ignore him. smh for some people
Re: Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. by yorex2011: 4:39pm On Jul 08, 2014
Una dey fight over who quote who... Naija too funny abeg grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. by HumanPsycho(m): 4:54pm On Jul 08, 2014
Mostly down to genetics and has nothing to do with hygiene. your hypothesis has no legs. I hardly ever meet any dry person with body odour. What you just experience is one of few cases if true. To me body odour (BO) quite different from sweat smell (Urea) from body fluid-metabolites and am a good percent sure what you percieved was just sweat smell and could happen to anyone on a hot day without antiperspirant, body spray or a form of good scenting cologne.
Re: Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 5:00pm On Jul 08, 2014
I don bet my money on top germany. Who una dey follow?
Re: Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. by unapologetic: 5:11pm On Jul 08, 2014
some Naija girls are dirty sha..... their bra straps, hairy armpit, smelly mouth, smelly pant ( some wear their pants for 4 days stretch), brown teeth, smelling kundus ( not washing their kundus every time dey wee wee) and the list goes on. Am not generalising but the afore-mentions are qualities of a typical Naija girl

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. by Joeblazeochola(m): 5:11pm On Jul 08, 2014
[quote author=190theclown][color=red]some girls sef hardly wash their punanie grin

wale.star once said he picked up a girl and immediately she remove pant

the smell from that area was enuf to roast corn
Hahahahahahaha abeg make una de fia God oh
Re: Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. by 190theclown: 5:27pm On Jul 08, 2014
^What do u mean sir shocked
Re: Many Nigerians Have Hygiene Issues. by somcherry(f): 8:11pm On Jul 08, 2014
The op is actually a ghanaian, creating useless thread to mock nigerians. Smh

(1) (Reply)

A Thread For Nurses... / BREAKING NEWS!: Plane Carrying Ebola Patient Lands Dobbins Airforce Base Atlanta / Ebola Update.five Facts You Need To Know That The Media Forgot To Tell You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.