Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,699 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

With 2 Million Naira Which Business In Agriculture Can I Invest In - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / With 2 Million Naira Which Business In Agriculture Can I Invest In (6141 Views)

Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* / Agriculture Can We Really Make A Living From It / Do U Knw That An Unsuspecting Area Of Agriculture Can Give U Ds? Partners Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

With 2 Million Naira Which Business In Agriculture Can I Invest In by raphaeladex: 6:41pm On Jul 08, 2014
hello
i have an idle fund of about 2 million naira waiting and since visiting this agric section i have been excited about the numerous posts on this thread.
pls which area will be highly lucrative to invest my money and how do i get started.
expecting good comments.
thanks
Re: With 2 Million Naira Which Business In Agriculture Can I Invest In by yommyuk: 10:50am On Jul 09, 2014
cool
Re: With 2 Million Naira Which Business In Agriculture Can I Invest In by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 09, 2014
raphaeladex: hello
i have an idle fund of about 2 million naira waiting and since visiting this agric section i have been excited about the numerous posts on this thread.
pls which area will be highly lucrative to invest my money and how do i get started.
expecting good comments.
thanks
wia are you based? How free are you? Can you spare enough time to manage a new/start-up business? Answers to these questions will provide a guide in advising you on what to do.
Re: With 2 Million Naira Which Business In Agriculture Can I Invest In by djdoxxx(m): 11:37pm On Jul 09, 2014
Invest in quail farming,pig farming and snail farming....I would teach yew all....follow moi thread on quail and other threads on piggery...or add me on whatsapp on 08169552020
Re: With 2 Million Naira Which Business In Agriculture Can I Invest In by clemigho(m): 1:46pm On Jul 13, 2014
Invest in biogas generation and selling
Re: With 2 Million Naira Which Business In Agriculture Can I Invest In by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 13, 2014
clemigho: Invest in biogas generation and selling
can you shed more light on this pls
Re: With 2 Million Naira Which Business In Agriculture Can I Invest In by hotmas911(m): 7:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
Buy farmland and rent it out.
Re: With 2 Million Naira Which Business In Agriculture Can I Invest In by boluwajokosegun: 11:04am On Jul 14, 2014
THE GOLDMINE IN PLANTAIN FARMING – Regular Sources of Income

Plantain and banana are widely cultivated in the southern and middle belt regions in
Nigeria. The annual local production outruns the demand. Being a highly perishable food
item, substantial quantities rot away in a short period after harvest.
When the rains start which signals the commencement of planting, the plantain
farmers plant at the same time. They harvest at the same period and flood the markets
with the product. After a short while, the product soon becomes scarce where much
rots away due to unavailable technology for conversion for a longer shelf life.
The solution is to process the fruits into a powdered form which can be packaged and
stored for a longer time without spoilage and wastage occurring. The natural flavors in the
powdered form can also be utilized in industrial food processing.
Foods and drinks such as cakes, ice creams, yoghurt and custard are flavored to enhance
their taste. The flavors are imported into Nigeria and are synthetic, therefore not as
good as the natural flavors in banana and plantain powder. The natural flavors can be
imparted into other foods.
There is a readymade market within and outside Nigeria for banana and plantain
powder. Nigerians in the diaspora, who are looking for businesses to do in Nigeria can
look into the aspect of setting up a suitable processing technology to convert banana
and plantain into powdered form. The benefits are many to the farmers and to the
economy.
When the planting season commences, at the start of the rain. The improved variety
sucker costs about N120.00 to N150.00 per sucker even from official sources. The
demand for the improved variety sucker is high.

Contact Gbenga: 08182355047 for improved variety sucker that produce double bunch,
send email to eesteeresources@gmail.com
To see pictures or it can be send to you on 08136650972 or whatsApp: 08182355047.

If you buy our double bunch producing suckers, you will get a FREE ebook on
PLANTAIN BUSINESS.

Investment Costing
STAGE 1: Cost of buying 1 acre of land N55,000 .
STAGE 2: Cost of using manual labour for land preparation at N15,000/acre
STAGE 3: Cost of buying 1,000 double bunch Plantain suckers @ N150 each is N150,000.
STAGE 4: Transportation of suckers to farm, estimated is N10,000
STAGE 5: Cost of Planting 1,000 suckers at N15 per stand is NN15,000
STAGE 6: 1st -5th Weeding @ N30, 000.
STAGE 7: Purchase of Manure/Fertilizer, Transportation & Fertilizer Application @ N25,000.
STAGE 8: Security @ N50, 000/year.
STAGE 9: Management fee @ N50, 000/year

TOTAL= N350,000. + Miscellaneous 30,000 = N380,000
At harvest you will get 2,000 bunches, if you sell at give away price of N800 each, you will have N1.6Million and 3,000 New Suckers. By 2nd -3rd year this Plantain Farm may expand to 2 or 3 Acres if seed suckers and proceeds are reinvested. With a Projected Return On Investment ranging between N1Million and N4Million by 3rd year if expanded.

We also have 50 acres of land in Ikire just less than two hours from Ibadan, oyo state for sale with document very good for farming at N55k per acres. If you want we can manage the farm for you. There we manage farms for investors
If you are interested after paying we prepare a FREE BUSINESS PLAN for the business based on the number of acres you buy & invest on.
We are also working on companies who will buy all the produce at maturity. We are creating room for a business model that will create good market for the business.
DO YOU HAVE INTEREST & INVESTMENT CASH BUT NO TIME, THEN OUR COMPANY CAN SET UP THE FARM & ALSO MAINTAIN THE FARM OR MANAGE THE FARM WITH YOUR STAFF FOR A FEE. Anything you touch in agriculture is gold if you are ready to be patient.
Oh, wow! Agropreneurship does not mean one has to literally work on the farm, is this right ?
Not necessarily, in fact it applies to all business. What is great about entrepreneurs is their uncanny ability to see opportunities where others did not but most times entrepreneurs do not have the technical ability to make this opportunity into money. They usually have to hire the technical expert.
Money! Money!! Money!!! Seems to be what everybody seeks, unfortunately, not everyone knows the way of getting rich. Thus, the statement "THE RICH GET RICHER AND THE POOR GETS POORER" is true, not because the rich has money and the poor does not, but because of the inability of the poor to recognize opportunities each time they come around, what is the meaning of Poor? It’s simply P-Passing, O- Over, O-Opportunity, R-Repeatedly. So they stick to the old pattern of living & keeping on managing their way through life forgetting that the world is changing really fast from the industrial age into information Age.
Re: With 2 Million Naira Which Business In Agriculture Can I Invest In by boluwajokosegun: 11:30am On Jul 14, 2014
CASH FROM PAWPAW PLANTATION – In just 6 months after planting

Pawpaw is grows almost anywhere in all parts of the country and loved by most people. It is highly perishable fruit, a large quantities rot away in a short period after harvest.
With the advent of fruit juices companies in the country, the need to grow pawpaw in commercial quantities has come, so that the fruits can be available all through the year. This will also stop or reduce the use of concentrate flavor that most juice producing companies now use instead of the normal raw fruit extract. The flavors are imported into Nigeria and are synthetic, therefore not as good as the natural flavors in pawpaw powder.
Pawpaw plantation will give rise to the new wave of farming called contract farming.
You as a businessman can also go into processing into powdered form and sell or dry to produce dry fruits which can be supply to food producing companies. Or sell packaged dry fruits when those fruits are out of seasons & expensive to buy.
Contact Gbenga: 08182355047 for improved variety pawpaw seedlings that start to produce at 4 months old and produce all year round for 2 years only,
To see pictures or it can be send to you on
whatsApp: 08182355047.
If you buy our pawpaw seedlings, you will get a FREE ebook on
PAWPAW BUSINESS.
Hybrid PLANTAIN SUCKERS & MELON are also available

Papayas fruit all year round, as long as the weather is warm enough. Keep them happy and they will keep fruiting. (If the temperatures drop too much they stop flowering. They will flower again as it warms up.)
Young papayas are the most productive. The older a papaya plant gets, the weaker it becomes. It will produce less and smaller fruit, and it may get problems with diseases. Also, because the plants keep growing taller it gets harder to reach the fruit but the hybrid are not so. Please use hybrid pawpaw not wild plant.
I think it's best to just keep planting more. Put in another patch every few months. That way you always have some healthy and productive plants around, and you don't need a ladder to pick the fruit from our hybrid pawpaw plant.

Investment Costing

STAGE 1: Cost of renting 1 acre of land for 2 years/24 Months (@ N2,500 a year ) N5,000. It is better to buy land 55k/acre
STAGE 2: Cost of renting tractor Plough@ N15,000 (or less @ N3000 from govt but this takes time to get)
STAGE 3: Cost of buying 1,000 improved variety pawpaw seedlings that start to produce at 4 months old and produce all year round for 2 years only, @ N250 each is N250,000.

STAGE 4: Transportation of seedlings to farm, estimated is N10,000

STAGE 5: Cost of Planting 1,000 seedlings at N15 per stand is NN15,000
STAGE 6: 1st -5th Weeding @ N30,000.
STAGE 7: Purchase of Manure/Fertilizer, Transportation & Fertilizer Application @ N25,000.
STAGE 8: Irrigation, Security, Harvesting, Transportation@ N20,000.

STAGE 9: If you buy an acre of land in Ikire close to Oyo state (N55k per acre). Optional, say N50,000
TOTAL= N362,000. + Land N50,000 + miscellaneous 50,000 = N412,000
NB you can just buy 500 seedlings for a start and at maturity set up a nursery to raise seedlings to expand your farm
We also have20 acres of land in Ikire just less than two hours from Ibadan, oyo state for sale with document very good for farming at N55k per acres . If you want we can manage the farm for you. There we manage farms for investors

At harvest you will get minimum of 20 pawpaw fruits on a tree which will give a total of 20 X 1000 = 20,000 fruits , if you sell at give away price of N40 per each fruit, you will have N800,000 (40 X 20,000) in 6 months after planting. Since the pawpaw fruit all year round it becomes a regular source of income. And XXXX,000 New Seedlings. By 2nd -3rd year this Pawpaw Farm may expand to 2 or 3 Acres if some seeds and proceeds are reinvested. With a Projected Return On Investment ranging between N1Million and N3Million by 2nd year if expanded.

Transplanting Seedlings
The soil must not be waterlogged. Remove the nylon from around the roots before planting. Take care not to injure the roots or damage the root ball as it is removed from the nylon. Pawpaws typically will be sparsely rooted and have a long brittle tap roots. Plough and harrow the land site and plant the seedlings in holes of 15 cm —20 cm deep and 2 x 2 m spacing.

Fertilizer application
Apply 50 g of NKP 15-15-15 per plant , 3 weeks after transplanting and at monthly intervals up to 6 months after transplanting. Optimum yields have been obtained using 45 g N/plant and a 1:2 N: P ratio. However, application rates should be based on soil test results in order to make maximum use of the fertilizer application.

Weeding
Weed control is very important especially during the first 3 months after transplanting. This may be achieved by hoe weeding, slashing at monthly intervals , or by the use of the herbicide Paraquat glyphosate at 4—6 or 3 kg active ingredient per hectare.

Irrigation
Dry season irrigation is important for pawpaw. For newly transplanted seedlings, apply 3 liters of water per plant twice a week, For flowering plants, apply 5 litres twice a week, and for bearing plants apply 15 liters of water per plant once a week.

Intercropping
Intercrop pawpaw, planted at a spacing of 2 x 2 m, with early maturing plants like okra, leafy vegetable, melon, sweet potato, or sweet corn. These plants should mature within 3 months or poor yields will be obtained due to shading of pawpaw canopies.

Contact Gbenga: 08182355047 for improved variety pawpaw seedlings that start to produce at 4 months old and produce all year round for 2 years only,
To see pictures or it can be send to you on
whatsApp: 08182355047.
We have 20 acres of land in Ikire just less than two hours from Ibadan, oyo state for sale with document very good for farming at N55k per acres. If you want we can manage the farm for you.
DO YOU HAVE INTEREST & INVESTMENT CASH BUT NO TIME, THEN OUR COMPANY CAN SET UP THE FARM & ALSO MANAGE THE FARM OR MANAGE THE FARM WITH YOUR STAFF FOR A FEE. Anything you touch in agriculture is gold if you are ready to be patient.
Oh, wow! Agropreneurship does not mean one has to literally work on the farm, is this right ?
Not necessarily, in fact it applies to all business. What is great about entrepreneurs is their uncanny ability to see opportunities where others did not but most times entrepreneurs do not have the technical ability to make this opportunity into money. They usually have to hire the technical expert.
Re: With 2 Million Naira Which Business In Agriculture Can I Invest In by nwosupato(m): 11:57am On Jul 14, 2014
Invest in poultry business,its very profitable if u av space and the time to Manage it, cos it requires monitoring. if not I'll advice u invest I #1m in my own farm and in five months I.e by end of December u gett 40% interest. U can visit my farm at Atan ogun state of call me on my mobile for more info. 08037988642.
Re: With 2 Million Naira Which Business In Agriculture Can I Invest In by juri: 8:00am On Aug 08, 2014
@ boluwajokosegun: 11:04am On Jul 14

“We also have 50 acres of land in Ikire just less than two hours from Ibadan, oyo state for sale with document very good for farming at N55k per acres.” PLS, I want clarification on this, are you saying you sell the farm land per hecter for N 55, 000.00 or is it 550, 000.00 or what exactly because I am contemplating places to buy farm land as well for farming so your info will be helpfull.
Re: With 2 Million Naira Which Business In Agriculture Can I Invest In by paralysis: 3:22am On Aug 10, 2014
That your 2million can generate 200-250 thousand on monthly bases if you invest in palm kernel crude oil processing. You can contact me for more info 09091122847
Re: With 2 Million Naira Which Business In Agriculture Can I Invest In by dav8id(m): 1:39pm On Aug 10, 2014
hmm invest in egusi storage ,resell towords ending of the year let said by november then reinvest in sesame (very hot in demand) and then resell by march and above..
Those that invested in egusi last week already make upto 4k plus profit this week.eg me and mankind of nairaland here. We purchase at 13 last week and we sold on thurday this week at 18 around noon while mankind sold at 19k same day in the evening.
I sold 20 bags while mankind sold 6 bags as hes just a starter.

I never knw the current price as for now but i will update the egusi thread on monday whice is one of the market day with the latest price.
Pls check the egusi thread for update.
Re: With 2 Million Naira Which Business In Agriculture Can I Invest In by mrwilson(m): 12:52pm On May 18, 2015
raphaeladex:
hello
expecting good comments.
thanks
Investing in something visible
and realistic is an advisable idea or
business to get grip of. Its unfotunate
Im seeing this post in a very late hour
but you can still nock on my door if
youre still interested in investing in the
oil and gas sector.
I am the Director of Operations in
EMMYS OIL AND MARINE SERVICE.
The mentioned company is a fresh oil
company that can yield you 30%
interest monthly. But before you invest,
you can involve your lawyer to come
sign an agreement with our lawyer
which will be notarize in the court of
law. After MOU (Memorandum of
Understanding) has been
signed and notarize, we will all be
together as we proceed into action. If
interested, call 08135299348 or send
mail to resurgentcrude@gmail for
details.
Re: With 2 Million Naira Which Business In Agriculture Can I Invest In by organicfoods(m): 6:38pm On May 18, 2015
Meanwhile tell a friend...

WWOOF Nigeria have finalised plans to bring international observers to certify farms in Nigeria with 60% soybean grown on them.

All certified organic soybean bean will be bought and exported at prevailing international market price from certified farms.

Hurry up now and get your farm certified organic and earn more.

NB: Farm land that have been treated with chemicals can not be used unless after 3 years.

For registration and participation, plus free information how to produce organic Pesticides for your farm.
Call
For details
Re: With 2 Million Naira Which Business In Agriculture Can I Invest In by dilla999: 4:08pm On May 19, 2015
ur question is too open ended, agribusiness is wide. no single individual knows half of the various areas. to succeed you most develop interest and have time to manage the identified area chosen. basically average ROI in agribusiness is 40%. request for a specific BP in your area of interest.
Re: With 2 Million Naira Which Business In Agriculture Can I Invest In by obstead200(m): 2:17pm On May 20, 2015
raphaeladex:
hello
expecting good comments.
thanks
everybody eye don dey chuk to chop ur money.
my take is this; if agribusiness is for u, u will know. u wont need advise from anyone. do not invest just because u were given wonderful success stories.
Re: With 2 Million Naira Which Business In Agriculture Can I Invest In by precioustoyin: 3:55pm On May 20, 2015
if truly you are interested in agricbusiness. look within your side to discover which area interest you most and you need to know that there is need for patient and agriculture is not a business you make your money within a tickle of an eye. so I will advice you start small in what ever area you decide and learn as you expand.

1 Like

Re: With 2 Million Naira Which Business In Agriculture Can I Invest In by bettymygirl(f): 1:05pm On May 22, 2015
It's the farming season again. Get your GNLD Super Gro for a bountiful harvest this season.

GNLD Super Gro is a miracle wonder formula that increases harvest for crops, trees, and fish farmers... including other live stock!!! It is very easy to use plus it is safe to handle, non-toxic, non-caustic & non-flammable. Super Gro can be used for all kinds of agricultural crops and trees; VEGETABLES; Ugu, Spinach, Cabbage, Carrots, Okro, etc. ROOT CROPS & TUBERS; Yam, Cassava, Cocoyam, etc. FRUITS; Pineapple, Mangoes, Oranges, Pawpaw, etc. GRAINS; Beans, Rice, Maize, Soyabeans, Groundnut, etc. Super Gro can also be used to improve the quality in FISH FARMING; Catfish, etc Super Gro improves crop yield by as much as 167% How Does GNLD Super Gro Work..? GNLD’s Super Gro acts as both an adjuvant and a surfactant .On one hand, an adjuvant is an agent designed to aid in substances’ action. On the other hand,surfactants are wetting agents.It may seem contradictory, but water does not always “wet” plants and their roots very well. Thus, often it tends to bead up on the waxy surfaces of plants, lawns and gardens, and before water even has a chance to penetrate, it runs off or evaporates. GNLD Super Gro helps make water “wetter” by reducing its surface tension in addition to acting as a wetting agent. GNLD’s Super Gro helps conserve water. It tends to increase the rate at which water penetrates common soils. As a surfactant, GNLD Super Gro acts as an emulsifier to disperse oils, as a wetting agent to lower surface tension and as a dispersing agent to reduce adhesion between particles of chemicals, so they will spread and remain in solution longer. More water reaches the roots of the plant and stays there making the plant grow in lesser time! GNLD Super Gro makes other agricultural treatments a farmer uses (like fertiliser, insecticides and pesticides), perform better by helping them penetrate deeper, stick better, stay longer and work more effectively. GET YOUR APPROXIMATE MEASUREMENT RIGHT Please note that an average American football field approximately about 1.3 acres and a British or UEFA Football field is approximately about 1.7 acres. So local football fields in Nigeria may vary approximately from 1 to 2 acres of land. Also, 1 teaspoon is approximately equal to 5ml and 1 tablespoon is approximately equal to 15ml.How To Use GNLD Super Gro For Crops Vegetables, peppers, onions, yam, cocoyam, soya beans, groundnut, etc. Add 1ml of Super Gro to 1 liter of water. Agitate gently and spray on the leaves and stem of the plant. Apply every week, two weeks, three weeks or monthly before flowering. Add 20ml of Super Gro to 20 litres of water to spray 1/4 acre of land. Add 200ml of Super Gro to 250 litres of water to spray 1 hectare of land. Other Things To Note...After spraying crops with Super Gro, you may see white dots on the plant early in the morning. Do not touch it or worry about it. It attaches solar energy to the plant. Plant your crops in ridges to have a narrow site to walk and spray. After the first spray, spray again with Super Gro every 3 weeks. If you use chemicals to weed your farm, allow the effect of the chemical to wear out first before applying Super Gro i.e. apply Super Gro after four days of using weeding chemicals. If you weed manually with cutlass, pack your weeds and use Super Gro the next day.
IF YOU FARM IN NORTHERN NIGERIA WHERE THE WEATHER IS HOT, WHEN THE SUN IS UP, DO NOT SPRAY SUPER GRO ON THE PLANTS BECAUSE SUPER GRO HAS ITS OWN INTERNAL SOLAR STRENGTH.
How To Use GNLD Super Gro For Tree & Cash Crops Mango, orange, oil palm, kolanut, pineapple, rubber, cocoa, etc.Add 1ml of Super Gro to 1litre of water. Agitate gently and spray on the leaves and stem of the plant. Apply every week, two weeks, three weeks or monthly before flowering. Add 20ml of Super Gro to 20 litres of water to spray 1/4 acre of the lawn.Add 200ml of Super Gro to 250 litres of water to spray 1 hectare of the lawn. Other Things To Note For tree crops, a boom sprayer is the best for applying Super Gro. The pressure from a boom sprayer gets more Super Gro onto the crop. If you do not have a boom sprayer, use a watering can but make sure the mouth of the can is not too wide so that your product will not waste. Do try and get a boom sprayer, it is more economical. How To Use Super Gro For Fish Farming Catfish, etc. Concrete or mud ponds are most preferable. Fill the pond with water. Estimate the amount of water in the pond and add 1ml of Super Gro for every 10litres of water in the pond and agitate gently. Leave this treated water for 7 to 10days to fertilize the pond then flush away the treated water. Put fresh water and leave in the pond for 5 to 7 days then stock your fish. Super Gro is very cost effective. You only need 1ml of Super Gro for every 10 litres of water you use in your fish pond. Super Gro promotes the uniform growth of fish. Your fish become bigger and the same size. Super Gro naturally promotes the growth of plankton inside the pond and this not only prevents the death of fish, it prevents the fish from feeding each other. Super Gro also reduces how often you need to change the water in your fish pond because it increases the amount of oxygen dissolving in the pond, reduces ammonia level and maintains the natural water PH in the pond.Super Gro can be used in plastic, mud or concrete ponds. In comparison to using organic manure, Super Gro is more hygienic because it prevent odour and scurrying. Super Gro is cost effective. You only need 1ml of Super Gro for every 10 litres of water you use in your fish pond.
How To Use Super Gro For Gardening; Indoor Plants & Lawns .Add 20ml of Super Gro to 20 litres of water to spray 1/4 acre of land. Add 200ml of Super Gro to 250 litres of water to spray 1 hectare of land. This same solution will also work for garden and indoor plants. Spray on leaves and stems (as in crop plants).Super Gro can also be used for indoor plants, flower gardens and lawns. Flowers tended with Super Gro bloom faster, are richer, fresher and more appealing to the eyes. They also do not die quickly because they conserve water on their leaves, stems and roots. Indoor plants treated with Super Gro last longer in their vases or flower pots. Lawns nurtured with Super Gro have greener grass and appear richer and more luxurious. When used together with GNLD Super 10 ( a natural insect repellent), will decrease pests in flowers. In one experiment, red spider infestation of roses was decreased by 43%.When used with fungicides, GNLD Super Gro will reduce early blight in flowers. Powdery mildew in roses was reduced by as much as 35% when Super Gro was used along with crop treatment!!!

For details on purchase, please call +2347060555873

1 Like

Re: With 2 Million Naira Which Business In Agriculture Can I Invest In by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 9:01am On Mar 18, 2020
Bros before you choose make sure that you have a mentor doing same business or who can put you through for a fee.

I would recommend contract farming on rabbit
You start making profits in 90 days or 3 months
You can make up to 2.5m every 2 months
You can start small
The off taker buy
6 weeks old rabbits
90 days fatten rabbits
Rabbits urine
Rabbits poo

Both the off taker has terms & conditions which any serious farmer can follow

For more information
Call 08136650972 or WhatsApp 08120528950

You can do this business inside a rented apartment

Good luck

(1) (Reply)

Before You Start A Pepper Farm / My 1hectare (15plots) Project / ## Newly Constructed 5000 Capacity Pig Farm With Farm House For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.