Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

What Is The Best Alternative To Stew - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Best Alternative To Stew (16721 Views)

Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew / How Can I Cook Nigerian Stew Without Frying It / Christmas Stew Got Burnt Because I Was Carried Away By A Movie"caroline Shoes" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Iamoilprince(m): 6:45am On Jul 11, 2014
Sauce made wit Salad stuffs lyk: carrot etc
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Akshow: 6:45am On Jul 11, 2014
Yaji da man shanu.
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by 9jatatafo(m): 7:29am On Jul 11, 2014
Egg Sauce Rule Bro!
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by lazinc(m): 7:33am On Jul 11, 2014
Fresh fish (catfish or croaker fish) peppersoup does the magic, easy and fast to prepare. I bet you when you try it you'll never want to eat rice with stew again.
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by bitterpenis(m): 7:35am On Jul 11, 2014
try golden morn with rice
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Frydae: 8:04am On Jul 11, 2014
Ofe-akwu

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by UjSizzle(f): 8:08am On Jul 11, 2014
kulyie: Or eforiro wink

with eba

Invite me to that pot of soup? embarassed

@topic
Green vegetables will do. Just steam with fresh tomatoes, onions and eggs if you desire..and bit of vegetable oil.

You suppose don chop this rice by now, abi e dey your pot after 3days? grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by softandsweet(f): 8:10am On Jul 11, 2014
runzlord: hello guys.
most times I have rice at home like 2days ago, I had boiled rice but no stew and no soup. but I had cash. so what can I quickly make to eat the rice?

Well if you dont want stew, you could use any source of protein, fish, chicken, goat meat and make pepper soup, short, simple, healthier too........... Rice and Pepper Soup is another alternative to stew, now there are good already made mixed pepper soup spices...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by obioraval(m): 8:24am On Jul 11, 2014
IfyAngela: You could try veg sauce or egg sauce or corned beef sauce. They are fast and easy to prepare.
are you married yet?
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 11, 2014
Egg sauce if its sharp sharp somfin u want. Tastes nice wit rice too
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by emmabest2000(m): 8:33am On Jul 11, 2014
runzlord:
I dont have soup. and soups re not fast and easy to make
the fastest is fried rice , just two balls of eggs with oil salt and paper if u have onions good ... grin
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by skillzbae(f): 8:44am On Jul 11, 2014
cabbage sauce
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by nedu2000(m): 8:49am On Jul 11, 2014
Ofe akwu
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by criuze(m): 9:51am On Jul 11, 2014
Have forgoten our palm oil and salt
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 11, 2014
that is not stew it is tomato sauce. stew is veg. and meat cooked slowly in liquid in a lid utensile. just for knowledge.
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 11, 2014
obioraval: are you married yet?
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by unearthed(m): 10:32am On Jul 11, 2014
Plantain sauce

Get ripe plantain. dice the plantain
dice onions...a lot of it
put groundnut oil in a pot n pour diced plantain to fry
after frying for about 5-8mins or to ur taste, add d diced onions n a little tomato paste.
add spices 4 taste.

n u r done!

OR

Vegetable sauce

Get pumpkin leaves n slice
dice tomato n onions
put oil in a pan n fry tomato
add pumpkin leaves after tomato has fried to ur taste
allow leave 2 cook 4 a while
add spices to taste
then add onions.

#gbam
u r done!
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 11, 2014
most times I have rice at home like 2days ago, I had boiled rice but no stew and no soup. but I had cash. so what can I quickly make to eat the rice?

Simple. you have 4 choices really

1. Go to the nearest mama put and collect stew.

2. Make what I call dawadawa sauce. Just get plenty iru (ogiri, dadawa), onions, and tomatoes. dice the tomatoes and onions and fry them. Add the iru and fry it some more. Ofcourse I dont have to tell you to add salt and maggi.

3. Add vegetable oil and salt.

4. Eat the rice like that.
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by checkdate(m): 10:40am On Jul 11, 2014
RED OIL
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by petkoffDrake(m): 10:42am On Jul 11, 2014
fry ur red oil. pour onions and maggi. pour ur white rice nd stir.....food don ready b DAT. .............I need frnds on BBM. add me. 7A694B0A

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by AdeniyiA(m): 11:40am On Jul 11, 2014
just add small pepper(prefbly d Suya type) to a sachet of pomo tomato paste nd ure gud to go
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by ogunteluwo(m): 11:42am On Jul 11, 2014
There is one simplest and easiest way to cook stew or soup without stress; the major ingredients are onion, grounded pepper(powder), tomatoes (sachets), seasoning (maggi), salt, meat or fish and veg. oil or palm oil (if you want to eat SWALLOW use palm oil while for rice use veg. oil). 1. Pour three sachets of tomatoes paste into a bowl (depends on how much you want it). 2. Add three tea spoons of grounded pepper into it. 3. Stir it and add water when is necessary. 4. Slice the onion into a plate. 5. Put a pot on fire and pour your either preffered oil. 6. After letting the oil to heat add onion. Leave it like 30seconds then add the mixed pepper into it. 7. After letting the pepper to heat for 2mins, add your fish or meat (if available) also along with seasoning (maggi) and salt. 8. Cover the pot and let it heat for 5-10mins. 9. Your soup or stew is ready to eat. Note: the benefits of this style is that; it saves time and money, but not as nourish as the normal peper and tomatoes grounded together. Enjoy yourself.
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by eddyvilla: 12:11pm On Jul 11, 2014
The time wey u take dey find suggestions d rice don spoil and u go hungry
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Blessedwhite(m): 12:12pm On Jul 11, 2014
ibizgirl: To make quick corned beef sauce
Place a sauce pan on the cooker, add some vegetable oil. Chop you onions, when the oil heats up add the onions, tomato puree.
If you have fresh tomotoes, wash and cut up and add to the onions and tomato puree, if you don't have skip this and add grinded pepper, salt, seasoning cube, curry and thyme and a bit of water allow to simmer for a while and added your corned beef. Allow to simmer for 3-5 mins and serve with a steaming plate of rice. Enjoy your meal
na stew you done prepared already. .
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Smoj(m): 12:13pm On Jul 11, 2014
eat d rice with banana. too sweet to ignore
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Blessedwhite(m): 12:14pm On Jul 11, 2014
kulyie: Egusi my dear
that soup make sense . I dey hungry now

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 11, 2014
Softandsweet is this called brokoto? Or is it round about?

Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by obioraval(m): 1:20pm On Jul 11, 2014
IfyAngela:
just reply me... You would make a good wife... You know how to get a mans stomach... If you ain't married, I don't mind bringing wine.. I'm from anambra.
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by lepasharon(f): 2:08pm On Jul 11, 2014
Try my ayamase

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 11, 2014
checkdate: RED OIL
someone told me dat. fear de cash me. how e go taste?
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 11, 2014
princefunmi:

Simple. you have 4 choices really

1. Go to the nearest mama put and collect stew.

2. Make what I call dawadawa sauce. Just get plenty iru (ogiri, dadawa), onions, and tomatoes. dice the tomatoes and onions and fry them. Add the iru and fry it some more. Ofcourse I dont have to tell you to add salt and maggi.

3. Add vegetable oil and salt.

4. Eat the rice like that.
this is work. b4 I finish stew don done
I ate the rice. cooked it again with Indomie seasoning
Re: What Is The Best Alternative To Stew by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 11, 2014
UjSizzle:
Invite me to that pot of soup? embarassed

@topic
Green vegetables will do. Just steam with fresh tomatoes, onions and eggs if you desire..and bit of vegetable oil.

You suppose don chop this rice by now, abi e dey your pot after 3days? grin
while not. used indomie seasoning. created this topic in case of next time

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NAFDAC Intercepts 21 Containers Of Spoilt Frozen Fish In Lagos / How Much Is A Bottle Of Andre Wine? / How To Make Popcorn In A Pan At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.