Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,101 members, 7,867,165 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:39 AM

The Meaning Of The Cross - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Meaning Of The Cross (475 Views)

Dear Nigerian's, Do You Know The Meaning Of These Symbols / What Happened To Brother Emma And Lazarus Of The Voice Of The Cross / How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Meaning Of The Cross by yommyuk: 8:09am On Jul 09, 2014
The theme of God’s redemptive plan runs through the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. At its heart is Calvary, the place where Jesus died so we could be forgiven. As we read the Scriptures, we see that the cross symbolizes . . .

SALVATION
Jesus bore our sins upon the cross and died in our place so we could be reconciled to God and receive eternal life.

SACRIFICE
Christ, who was “in very nature God” (Phil. 2:6), chose to leave the perfection of heaven and live among sinful people. Laying aside His divine authority, He was born a helpless baby, completely dependent upon others. His first 30 years were spent in obscurity, without recognition of His messiah-ship. During His public ministry, He faithfully carried out God’s plan all the way to His death on the cross. Jesus’ days on earth are an example to us of the sacrificial life (Rom. 12:1-2).

SERVICE
Jesus said He “did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many” (Mark 10:45). Christ’s supreme act of service was dying on the cross so we might have eternal life. Our Savior calls us to deny ourselves and follow Him through sacrificial service to others (Luke 9:23). As we embrace a lifestyle of humility and servant hood, we will bring glory to our heavenly Father.

In our culture, success is based on achievement. We admire those who succeed in athletics, business, and the arts. But greatness in God’s kingdom is found in a life of obedience. Are you following His plan and helping others as Jesus did? Have you shared with them the good news of Christ?

1 John 3:16
By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers

1 Peter 3:18
For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit,

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live,

John 10:17-18
For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.”

John 5:24
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

Moon Has Been Sighted..... / Corps In Church, Is It Right? / God Said No

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.