Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,510 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (620317 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by ivcraig(m): 9:04am On Jun 29, 2017
Lovexme:

Unzipped already. It's not running on the Chrome web server.

cc wryhder

Are you seeing the index files and folders when? You need to give more information so we can help.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by SirKriz(m): 9:27am On Jun 29, 2017
Lovexme:

Unzipped already. It's not running on the Chrome web server.

cc wryhder

Have you selected the unzipped folder using the Web Chrome Server?

When you have done that, click on that IP address on the Web Chrome Server to launch it.

Once it's launched on the browser, select "index.html" to load the offline curriculum.

(If you are still having issues, upload a screenshot of your current progress so it be easier to take it up from there.)

NB: You can also set your default browser to Chrome to make things easier.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Lovexme(m): 12:25pm On Jun 29, 2017
here.

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Lovexme(m): 12:38pm On Jun 29, 2017
SirKriz:

Have you selected the unzipped folder using the Web Chrome Server?

When you have done that, click on that IP address on the Web Chrome Server to launch it.

Once it's launched on the browser, select "index.html" to load the offline curriculum.

(If you are still having issues, upload a screenshot of your current progress so it be easier to take it up from there.)

NB: You can also set your default browser to Chrome to make things easier.

I only see an empty page when I click on 'index'
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Lovexme(m): 1:03pm On Jun 29, 2017
I think I've made a head way. One needs internet for the home study contrary to what I thought, which isn't a problem though.

Thanks for the inputs, guys.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by SirKriz(m): 1:04pm On Jun 29, 2017
Lovexme:

I only see an empty page when I click on 'index'

Okay, what's the size of the unzipped folder you have?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by gentletalkaktiv: 3:32pm On Jun 29, 2017
Bism:
I dont really have a tech background so i am not finding it funny studying the homestudy. My guess it that if cant solve some of the challenge question posed in the material on your own den uhmmmm! forget andela for now and beef yourself up because some of the applicant has at one point or the other done something related to coding.
Good afternoon bro.I understand you but have you tried out codeacademy.org,it's a good place to start.Programming can be quite clumsy at first but the more you devote time to it,the more you become better.Practice daily,research concepts online,post codes for reviews,understand algorithm,download books and watch videos.In no time you will discover that you have become better and not everyone in Andela knew had prior coding experience before they got in so be encouraged.cheers!!!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Lovexme(m): 4:16pm On Jun 29, 2017
SirKriz:

Okay, what's the size of the unzipped folder you have?

1.01MB
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Skyfornia(m): 7:49pm On Jun 29, 2017
Vacancy for IT placement exists in a food processing company, Yaba Lagos.

Course: Food Technology or any food related course.
Duration: 6months and above.

For more enquiries call: 08025653564
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by unilagfreshboy: 9:05pm On Jun 29, 2017
Good evening guys to those Who are familiar with Andela's recruitment , I have no knowledge of javascript yet but I'm good with html css python.

Can i make it through bootcamp without javascript.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Bahddo(m): 10:17pm On Jun 29, 2017
unilagfreshboy:
Good evening guys to those Who are familiar with Andela's recruitment , I have no knowledge of javascript yet but I'm good with html css python.

Can i make it through bootcamp without javascript.
without Javascript? not likely. The bootcamp language has been JS for some time now.

You don't need to be an expert though. Just be a fast learner.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by ridbay(m): 9:06am On Jun 30, 2017
def is_isogram(argument):
word_seen=set()
if type(argument) != str:
raise TypeError('Argument should be a string')
if argument==" " :
return(argument,False)
argument.lower()
argument = ''.join(argument.split())
for letter in argument:
if letter in word_seen:
return(argument,False)
word_seen.add(letter)
return (argument,True)

beausexy:
please help with this

Write a program that checks if a word supplied as the argument is an Isogram. An Isogram is a word in which no letter occurs more than once.

Create a method called is_isogram that takes one argument, a word to test if it's an isogram. This method should return a tuple of the word and a boolean indicating whether it is an isogram.

If the argument supplied is an empty string, return the argument and False: (argument, False). If the argument supplied is not a string, raise a TypeError with the message 'Argument should be a string'
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by ridbay(m): 9:33am On Jun 30, 2017
class ShoppingCart(object):
def __init__(self):
self.total = 0
self.items = {}

def add_item(self, item_name, quantity, price):
self.total += quantity * price
if type(item_name) == str and quantity > 0:
self.items.update({item_name: quantity})

def remove_item(self, item_name, quantity, price):
if quantity >= self.items[item_name] and quantity >= 1:
items_cost = price * self.items[item_name]
self.total -= items_cost
del self.items[item_name]
else:
self.total -= quantity * price
self.items[item_name] -= quantity

def checkout(self, cash_paid):
balance = 0
if cash_paid < self.total:
return "Cash paid not enough"
balance = cash_paid - self.total
return balance

class Shop(ShoppingCart):
def __init__(self):
self.quantity = 100

def remove_item(self):
self.quantity -= 1

ymee:
I beg make una help me out o time dey go. here is my problem

HST2: OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING LAB

Create a class called ShoppingCart.

Create a constructor that takes no arguments and sets the total attribute to zero, and initializes an empty dict attribute named items.

Create a method add_item that requires item_name, quantity and price arguments. This method should add the cost of the added items to the current value of total. It should also add an entry to the items dict such that the key is the item_name and the value is the quantity of the item.

Create a method remove_item that requires similar arguments as add_item. It should remove items that have been added to the shopping cart and are not required. This method should deduct the cost of the removed items from the current total and also update the items dict accordingly.

If the quantity of an item to be removed exceeds the current quantity of that item in the cart, assume that all entries of that item are to be removed.

Create a method checkout that takes in cash_paid and returns the value of balance from the payment. If cash_paid is not enough to cover the total, return "Cash paid not enough".

Create a class called Shop that has a constructor which takes no arguments and initializes an attribute called quantity at 100.

Make sure Shop inherits from ShoppingCart.

In the Shop class, override the remove_item method, such that calling Shop's remove_item with no arguments decrements quantity by one.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Dainikel(m): 10:03am On Jun 30, 2017
Morning guys pls I'll love to know for someone who doesn't have any basic background on programming, codes, javascript & the likes on computing; do you think I can thrive in Andela with the possibility of catching up or you just advise me in the negative?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Adex001(m): 1:47pm On Jun 30, 2017
Dainikel:
Morning guys pls I'll love to know for someone who doesn't have any basic background on programming, codes, javascript & the likes on computing; do you think I can thrive in Andela with the possibility of catching up or you just advise me in the negative?
Most people applying to andela are novice. Even if you have prior programming experience, you are still a novice since it's not only your technical skills andela is looking out for.. So my brother, take a deep breath, Ok, a deeper one, now slowly and go through the andela curriculum! You can too... #shalom

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by phililp(m): 2:28pm On Jun 30, 2017
Dainikel:

in a nutshel learn programming ; Js and Python Specifically.. that would do
otherwise u might just be an observer

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Dainikel(m): 2:44pm On Jun 30, 2017
Adex001:
Most people applying to andela are novice. Even if you have prior programming experience, you are still a novice since it's not only your technical skills andela is looking out for.. So my brother, take a deep breath, Ok, a deeper one, now slowly and go through the andela curriculum! You can too... #shalom
Thanx bro, I did download their curriculum which was partitioned into modules 1 to 10(very bulky content)...sorry for inquiring much, i'm guessing python & J.S should get more attention
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Dainikel(m): 2:48pm On Jun 30, 2017
phililp:

in a nutshel learn programming ; Js and Python Specifically.. that would do
otherwise u might just be an observer
Would do just that, thanx....but have U got any additional material asides the one on the curriculum specifically on both?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Wryhder: 6:53pm On Jun 30, 2017
Lovexme:
I think I've made a head way. One needs internet for the home study contrary to what I thought, which isn't a problem though.

Thanks for the inputs, guys.
You don't need internet.
It does take a while to load. 10 secs, at most.
Is your empty page same as that in my pic?
If it is, you just need to click the area I circled to open the drawer (shows you a table of contents you can navigate with).

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Folzye(m): 7:22pm On Jun 30, 2017
Wryhder:

You don't need internet.
If it is, you just need to click the area I circled to open the drawer (Shows you a table of contents you can navigate with.)

you still need the internet to successfully navigate those pages.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Wryhder: 7:33pm On Jun 30, 2017
Folzye:

you still need the internet to successfully navigate those pages.
For the pictures, and tutorials like codecademy, yes.
The rest material can be navigated successfully without internet.
Unless we're both referring to different things.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by phililp(m): 12:57am On Jul 01, 2017
Dainikel:

Would do just that, thanx....but have U got any additional material asides the one on the curriculum specifically on both?

yes of course.... when i study i dont depend on one source.

am currently studying python..

i use:

solo learn

the newboston

tutorialspoint (pdf)

learnpython.org

infact i use anything usable and do anything doable in other to get what i want
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Dainikel(m): 1:40am On Jul 01, 2017
phililp:

yes of course.... when i study i dont depend on one source.

am currently studying python..

i use:

solo learn

the newboston

tutorialspoint (pdf)

learnpython.org

infact i use anything usable and do anything doable in other to get what i want
Going through learnpython, it's cool....I suppose the rest you stated are sites likewise & not downloadable
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Atom57(m): 3:29am On Jul 01, 2017
If anyone has a question about the fellowship(except the salary), you can ask me... peace out...

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by shams040(m): 6:11am On Jul 01, 2017
pls can i get d links to different free programming trainnings in lagos?

tnks
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Lovexme(m): 7:57am On Jul 01, 2017
Wryhder:

You don't need internet.
If it is, you just need to click the area I circled to open the drawer (shows you a table of contents you can navigate with).

Thanks man. I really appreciate the effort.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Dainikel(m): 7:26pm On Jul 01, 2017
Atom57:
If anyone has a question about the fellowship(except the salary), you can ask me... peace out...
Pls I'm having issues viewing the assessment from the 'qualified' URL that I'm to answer. Is it impossible to solve the assessment via a smartphone?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Wryhder: 7:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
Dainikel:

Pls I'm having issues viewing the assessment from the 'qualified' URL that I'm to answer. Is it impossible to solve the assessment via a smartphone?
What browser are you using? Try chrome.
I have access to both a pc and a tablet.
While I've never tried doing the assessments on the tablet, the page displays correctly.
I use both firefox and chrome.
Maybe try viewing the page in desktop mode.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by noordean(m): 9:49pm On Jul 01, 2017
Atom57:

Atom why excepting the salary. Tell us joh make we know

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Dainikel(m): 8:51am On Jul 02, 2017
Wryhder:

What browser are you using? Try chrome.
I have access to both a pc and a tablet.
While I've never tried doing the assessments on the tablet, the page displays correctly.
I use both firefox and chrome.
Maybe try viewing the page in desktop mode.
I'm not connected on my PC @the moment, thought I could work it out on my Z30 & I don't possess chrome on the phone(its been difficult installing the chrome app)
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by kidaby: 9:14pm On Jul 03, 2017
Atom57:

Thanks. So if one has to leave the fellowship before four years due to unforseen circumstances, what will be the penalty ?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by baesheska(f): 11:19pm On Jul 03, 2017
Hello, I'm a final year student studying media and communication studies, and I'm expected to do Industrial Training this summer. I would love to intern with any public Relations agency ,Advertising agency, any company that has a public relations department in Sango otta or any where close by. please if you know any agency or company accepting IT students, contact me through @omomclinktec@gmail.com, I'm a smart, respectful and vibrant young lady, willing to work and gain the adequate knowledge. I will kindly be waiting for a response. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.