Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,750 members, 7,831,396 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (623856 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DonPikko: 9:19am On Jul 28, 2018
WhileTrue:

Nobody is going to be teaching u anything. U learn by ur self. U will just be provide with what you need. Electricity, Internet, materials, food and people u can ask for help when u get stuck. But nobody is going to sit and teach u node or react. Start checking out different resources on Google and level up
what are the current stacks that's being used
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by princesweetman2(m): 9:42am On Jul 28, 2018
Fgvfgg

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by WhileTrue: 9:46am On Jul 28, 2018
DonPikko:
what are the current stacks that's being used

Its node/express for sever with postgresql for database for the backend. U might not be allowed to use a ORM and will be writing ur queries urself.

React/redux for front end, u might also not be allowed to use a css framework.

Json web token for authentication

Test is also required for both backend and front end with minimal of 80% coverage in both

3 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by WhileTrue: 9:48am On Jul 28, 2018
DonPikko:
that's not negative vibe guy, my friend, a lawyer, got into andela this march, he as been learning programming for almost 16 months, when I made enquiries about the boot camp, he said its a very tough environment, you need to prepare extremely hard, and be able to able to meet deadlines, its not about praying hard or fasting, andela recruitment is very transparent, they don't take in mediocres, if you're not up to standard, I'll tell you to go and train more

I know that ur friend. Is name starts with an I

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DonPikko: 9:55am On Jul 28, 2018
WhileTrue:

Its node/express for sever with postgresql for database for the backend. U might not be allowed to use a ORM and will be writing ur queries urself.

React/redux for front end, u might also not be allowed to use a css framework.

Json web token for authentication

Test is also required for both backend and fronted with minimal of 80% coverage in both
hmmmmm, that's PERN stack
WhileTrue:

I know that ur friend. Is name starts with an I
you're right, are you a fellow as well?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 28, 2018
princesweetman2:

I av not been dere b4, but wth God + Hard/Smart work + Determination - no negative vibes from pple lyk u = my induction into andela

God guide me (Amen)

LOL he wasn't trying to be negative at all. You and Stephen's noisemaking is too much from the onset. There are other people that know way more than you RN on this forum, but don't necessarily need to be typing and posting all that you post.
Again, confidence is good, but overconfidence will weigh you down.
Just keep calm and know what you know, period! And he's right also, boot camp will humble you.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by princesweetman2(m): 11:19am On Jul 28, 2018
Ggh

5 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by madeofhuman(m): 8:12pm On Jul 28, 2018
*Sigh*! Y'all have not even started.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by guente02(m): 10:08pm On Jul 28, 2018
madeofhuman:
*Sigh*! Y'all have not even started.
What bothers me is after all these noise making a Learning Facilitator Assistant at the bootcamp will just be seeing code smells and faulty logic in your code. Worse case scenario is when you can’t explain your code (that was how one guy was using async/await but can't explain the concept of asynchronous Javascript).

S/Overflow can easily save the day - why even reinvent the wheel - but every (i can't even emphasise this) character, code block, programming logic in your code must be understood and have a reason why they are the way they are.

Getting soiled in MDN docs is even better than doing much copy copy that cant help you with learning how to develop a problem solving skill..kapish?

See ehh you'd be required to learn concepts and strictly adhere to different standards while showing the EPIC values (no circumventing).

Its an exercise aims to help you learn and grow and what you gain out of it is a spot in the fellowship of extraordinary web artisans bridging the technology gap across the African landscape - a mouthful?.

All the "i can work under pressure" traits I thought I posses was clearly questionable as mr "hard-guy" was broken, burnt and borderline distraught.

You can easily talk yourself into the bootcamp during the interview but brotherly (or sisterly), the bootcamp is going require everything from your knowledge arsenal and also what you don't have.

At the end of the day as we live we must be humble and be open to learning if we want to grow.

Don't expect anyone to teach you how to code but they'd provide resources that would help you own your learning. Prepare to crash chrome with 100 tabs.

So save the noise making and reserve the energy for bootcamp because you'd need it like crazy.

Success is too proud to just fall on our thighs people, we can't cut corners, must be in our best behaviour and put in deliberate hours in.

Stay EPIC for andela sake or otherwise.

6 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by gracechellar(f): 10:20pm On Jul 28, 2018
guente02:

What bothers me is after all these noise making a Learning Facilitator Assistant at the bootcamp will just be seeing code smells and faulty logic in your code. Worse case scenario is when you can’t explain your code (that was how one guy was using async/await but can't explain the concept of asynchronous Javascript).

S/Overflow can easily save the day - why even reinvent the wheel - but every (i can't even emphasise this) character, code block, programming logic in your code must be understood and have a reason why they are the way they are.

Getting soiled in MDN docs is even better than doing much copy copy that cant help you with learning how to develop a problem solving skill..kapish?

See ehh you'd be required to learn concepts and strictly adhere to different standards while showing the EPIC values (no circumventing).

Its an exercise aims to help you learn and grow and what you gain out of it is a spot in the fellowship of extraordinary web artisans bridging the technology gap across the African landscape - a mouthful?.

All the "i can work under pressure" traits I thought I posses was clearly questionable as mr "hard-guy" was broken, burnt and borderline distraught.

You can easily talk yourself into the bootcamp during the interview but brotherly (or sisterly), the bootcamp is going require everything from your knowledge arsenal and also what you don't have.

At the end of the day as we live we must be humble and be open to learning if we want to grow.

Don't expect anyone to teach you how to code but they'd provide resources that would help you own your learning. Prepare to crash chrome with 100 tabs.

So save the noise making and reserve the energy for bootcamp because you'd need it like crazy.

Success is too proud to just fall on our thighs people, we can't cut corners, must be in our best behaviour and put in deliberate hours in.

Hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DonPikko: 10:38pm On Jul 28, 2018
guente02:

well scripted, all the best bro!

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by stephenkhalaf(m): 12:06am On Jul 29, 2018

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by stephenkhalaf(m): 12:09am On Jul 29, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by stephenkhalaf(m): 12:13am On Jul 29, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DonPikko: 12:16am On Jul 29, 2018
stephenkhalaf:
when i get to the bootcamp, i'll just do my best..and if i fail, i'll reapply for the next cycle...
you shouldn't enter boot camp with the mind set of failing

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by guente02(m): 12:44am On Jul 29, 2018
stephenkhalaf:
@guente02, when i did my interview, i asked the interviewer whether the bootcamp is hard or not... he said it is not hard and it's not simple...it depends on the kind of person you are...so you guys should stop referring to the bootcamp as one hell fire...what's hard to you, might be easy to another person.
Alright. I earnestly pray that you find it easy.
Take care.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by guente02(m): 12:48am On Jul 29, 2018
stephenkhalaf:
@guente02, please, i don't like that "nose-making" word that you used, is it a sin to post code on "andela forum"...if i should come online and start talking abt my babe,cars or how i mess a girl yesterday, i guess that should be called "noise-making"
Sorry.
I should have been more careful with my choice of words. I'll go on and edit the post to be less attacking and more to the point.
My sincere apologies.

4 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by princesweetman2(m): 12:55am On Jul 29, 2018
SoftDev:
Received!

Can u pls share d interview code challenge questions?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by guente02(m): 1:10am On Jul 29, 2018
DonPikko:
you shouldn't enter boot camp with the mind set of failing
Failing is when you fall down and you don't use that as a growth and learning experience.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by gracechellar(f): 8:00am On Jul 29, 2018
princesweetman2:

Can u pls share d interview code challenge questions?

Thanks
Ffg
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Teletexter: 9:10am On Jul 29, 2018
You people should stop wasting keystrokes. Let them go'an experience this thing first hand. grin

5 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by princesweetman2(m): 9:29am On Jul 29, 2018
gracechellar:

Ffg

Lol @gracechellar

A LOTTA PPLE HERE WANNA DRAIN U OF DS ENERGY BC OF DIA EXPERIENCE.

BUT DEY CAN'T TAKE D WAVE FROM DS NIGGY cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 29, 2018
grin grin grin
Funny guys.
God will help us all.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by princesweetman2(m): 3:04pm On Jul 29, 2018
Amen

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by empire45: 6:03pm On Jul 29, 2018
guente02:

Sorry.
I should have been more careful with my choice of words. I'll go on and edit the post to be less attacking and more to the point.
My sincere apologies.

i got into cycle 34 bootcamp. Didn't make it past week one. received my mail yesterday.

bro, who no go no know.

You own your own! at andela....

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by empire45: 6:08pm On Jul 29, 2018
Teletexter:
You people should stop wasting keystrokes. Let them go'an experience this thing first hand. grin

Them think say na joke grin grin
2 people were sent home and probably blacklisted from applying in the future cos they were caught using Git Repo of another bootcamper.

You might be the best programmer and not still make it into andela. EPIC!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by gracechellar(f): 6:20pm On Jul 29, 2018
empire45:

i got into cycle 34 bootcamp. Didn't make it past week one. received my mail yesterday.

bro, who no go no know.

You own your own! at andela....
Scary
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by gracechellar(f): 6:21pm On Jul 29, 2018
empire45:

Them think say na joke grin grin
2 people were sent home and probably blacklisted from applying in the future cos they were caught using Git Repo of another bootcamper.

You might be the best programmer and not still make it into andela. EPIC!
Scarily epic
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by WhileTrue: 6:40pm On Jul 29, 2018
DonPikko:
hmmmmm, that's PERN stackyou're right, are you a fellow as well?
Yes boss
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by guente02(m): 6:40pm On Jul 29, 2018
Got a reject mail also.
Reached out to my LFA as why he he feels I'm not good for the next phase,he got back to me and i have since started working on it.
Just go on amd complete the project.

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by haywhyze(m): 7:03pm On Jul 29, 2018
Hello, I just got into this thread and having read through a number of recent pages, it made me love Andela more and can't wait to get to the bootcamp stage where it seems to be the craziest. I'm not a very good programmer but I believe I'm comfortable in js and even if I don't make it, it will be a great opportunity to develop better.

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by stevenakp(m): 7:09pm On Jul 29, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.