Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,459 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (622190 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by haywhyze(m): 6:45pm On Aug 13, 2018
princesweetman2:

Do u mind checking my pen?

If yes ? mail : ignore;

haywhyze@gmail.com
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Solomon27(m): 7:25pm On Aug 13, 2018
haywhyze:

You should be expecting the interview invite mail tomorrow. We got ours the day after the deadline.

Okay, thanks. I hope I got lucky cus it wasn't really easy though... The 16 challenges
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by flashBang: 8:36pm On Aug 13, 2018
Damn i thought i applied for cycle 37. the deadline for the application was july 20, first test july 25 and second test aug 8. If that was cycle 36 then when did the application for cycle 37 started and ended? and it's the last.

I finished the coding test in 2hr 36mins with all the codes tested correctly by Qualified.io code checker.
Now this is the response i just got from andela.

{They saluted me for an act of courage and for taking that important step towards realizing my dream of becoming a world-class software developer blahblahblah!!! BUT Unfortunately, at this time, we can’t move forward with your application blahblahblah!!! }

Well maybe not perfect, but i work in a Bank morning till evening only applying my skill in financial analysis, risk management... Since i applied i sleep very late just to get a few hours of code learning every night, transition from accounting to programming isn't easy. Maybe I'm not good enough to deserve it but an interview at least would have been more appreciated than a damned salute.

Well to be candid, after all the knowledge of web development(HTML, CSS, JS + a bit of jQuery) accumulated in a little while, it felt really good to realise that one could still become a self made developer after navigating the wrong crowd for long. Andela rekindled that hope and i salute them back. I could move on from this point starting with automating most tasks for my couleagues.
Though i don't think any fresh coder would make it into andela with my experience now, there are probably some qualities the old fellas would possess... including more speed i suppose...
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Solomon27(m): 9:20pm On Aug 13, 2018
flashBang:
Damn i thought i applied for cycle 37. the deadline for the application was july 20, first test july 25 and second test aug 8. If that was cycle 36 then when did the application for cycle 37 started and ended? and it's the last.

I finished the coding test in 2hr 36mins with all the codes tested correctly by Qualified.io code checker.

{They saluted me for an act of courage and for taking that important step towards realizing my dream of becoming a world-class software developer blahblahblah!!! BUT Unfortunately, at this time, we can’t move forward with your application blahblahblah!!! }

Well maybe not perfect, but i work in a Bank morning till evening only applying my skill in financial analysis, risk management... Since i applied i sleep very late just to get a few hours of code learning every night, transition from accounting to programming isn't easy. Maybe I'm not good enough to deserve it but an interview at least would have been more appreciated than a damned salute.

Well to be candid, after all the knowledge of web development(HTML, CSS, JS + a bit of jQuery) accumulated in a little while, it felt really good to realise that one could still become a self made developer after navigating the wrong crowd for long. Andela rekindled that hope and i salute them back. I could move on from this point starting with automating most tasks for my couleagues.
Though i don't think any fresh coder would make it into andela with my experience now, there are probably some qualities the old fellas would possess... including more speed i suppose...

Apply for Cycle 37

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DonPikko: 10:21pm On Aug 13, 2018
flashBang:

yeah, as a fresh coder, you need to get your hands more dirty
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 13, 2018
NE555:

Thanks shimmer.
Please can I get ur contact so that we can talk better??

Maybe you should pm me.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by princesweetman2(m): 10:38pm On Aug 13, 2018
DonPikko:
haywhyze:

Check mail
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 13, 2018
flashBang:

Don't work yourself down and be like if you are a fresh programmer, you can not make it to Andela.
NO!!!
You can, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
There's no day, minute, hour off for heroes,
Work your fingers to the bones and challenge yourself.
Thank God cycle 37 is the last for this year. That's enough challenge.
If you want it, you get it.

Apply for cycle 37
17th is the deadline.
It depends on you and how far you are willing to go.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by guente02(m): 11:47pm On Aug 13, 2018
DonPikko:
it is one thing to code, it is another thing to write quality code, using eslint is cool and headache at the same time, but it makes one a better programmer, i'm loving it cool
Mix it with Prettier while using a style guide and you'd be well on your way to an extent writing clean code.
https://blog.echobind.com/integrating-prettier-eslint-airbnb-style-guide-in-vscode-47f07b5d7d6a?source=bookmarks---------10----------------
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by guente02(m): 12:12am On Aug 14, 2018
flashBang:

Success is too proud to fall on anyone, you gotta do a bit of wooing (stressful shiii) and it'd play hard to get for sure (another stressful shiii) so better have a contingency plan to that effect by getting really hands-on with the concepts, understanding the shit out of what you can and perhaps reaching out on here with your blockers.

I'm not giving up on this, you too shouldn't. I understand you've got limited time to practice because of work and all but broooos you've gotta really want it badly so put in the best of the time you've got and push the boundaries of your knowledge.

By merely thinking about what you know now and what you need to know, you'd be easily overwhelmed - sadly inevitable - but staying sane and pushing it one code (amidst the distractions) at a time works like magic.

Andela or not, we are all limitless but we just gotta put em pieces together and best believe las las we'd be fine.

cool
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by naijanoni(m): 1:40am On Aug 14, 2018
Pls how do u add an event to a disabled button?.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by naijanoni(m): 2:18am On Aug 14, 2018
I actually used to think this Andela program was for novices(like me). Now I realize you need to have a level of depth in knowledge of web development. I only started learning programming (JavaScript in particular) around May and I hadnt been consistent in my learning due to some issues. I had learnt the basics of HTML and CSS earlier.
Presently Im still only half way through in learning the essentials of Java Script. Still I applied and took the assessments and by God's grace, I was able to pass both. The tests were not difficult for me because all the questions were based on things I had learnt just very recently, so everything was fresh in my brain. Prior to the last test, I had just finished learning the core JS language, I hadnt even touched the DOM aspect. I only began studying the DOM last week Friday. I have been able to write the basic code for the challenge, but I am still struggling with assigning events as I haven't gotten to the Events chapter in my studying. I am trying to rush through my studying/ skipping parts so as to catch up with Andela (Which isn't the best).
What are the chances of a novice like me succeeding in the bootcamp?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by gracechellar(f): 5:27am On Aug 14, 2018
flashBang:

I'll prover you wrong. I have no single experience in coding. cycle 37 is still on. Dont give up
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Solomon27(m): 6:52am On Aug 14, 2018
gracechellar:

I'll prover you wrong. I have no single experience in coding. cycle 37 is still on. Dont give up

That's the spirit, bro

Maybe we could have a group for this Cycle 37 for educative discussion and ideas sharing
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 14, 2018
Solomon27:

That's the spirit, bro

Maybe we could have a group for this Cycle 37 for educative discussion and ideas sharing
She's a lady.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DonPikko: 9:17am On Aug 14, 2018
naijanoni:
Pls how do u add an event to a disabled button?.
add an event to the input field first, then control the button behavior with input value
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DonPikko: 9:22am On Aug 14, 2018
guente02:

Mix it with Prettier while using a style guide and you'd be well on your way to an extent writing clean code.
https://blog.echobind.com/integrating-prettier-eslint-airbnb-style-guide-in-vscode-47f07b5d7d6a?source=bookmarks---------10----------------
thanks bro, have you used it with react?, i'm having issues setting it up in react, but format code works nicely
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by minions(m): 9:51am On Aug 14, 2018
Wait fes. Wetin I dey read here no dey rhyme. I dey my own jeje when Andela send me mail as per member of ALC 3.0 to apply for Andela Cycle 36.1, I did.

I really didn't see myself as someone qualified for Andela fellowship. I wasn't exactly looking in their direction gan sef. Then I thought, well they did send me a mail asking me to apply. Perhaps they think I am ready.

My deadline for submission of the challenge was by (not before) August 13. I submitted on August 12, around 11:50pm. They even sent me a mail encouraging me to try and finish before August 13.

I am quite sure I am part of Cycle 36.1, but here I see people claiming to be part of cycle 36.1 saying they had a deadline of August 8th and stuff about interview.

Now I am really confused. I am yet to get any mail. I'm still waiting. I won't be happy if they simply raised my hope just to smash it.

Anyways, is there anyone here who was part of ALC 3.0 who was sent a mail by Andela to apply?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Solomon27(m): 9:54am On Aug 14, 2018
minions:
Wait fes. Wetin I dey read here no dey rhyme. I dey my own jeje when Andela send me mail as per member of ALC 3.0 to apply for Andela Cycle 36.1, I did.

I really didn't see myself as someone qualified for Andela fellowship. I wasn't exactly looking in their direction gan sef. Then I thought, well they did send me a mail asking me to apply. Perhaps they think I am ready.

My deadline for submission of the challenge was by (not before) August 13. I submitted on August 12, around 11:50pm. They even sent me a mail encouraging me to try and finish before August 13.

I am quite sure I am part of Cycle 36.1, but here I see people claiming to be part of cycle 36.1 saying they had a deadline of August 8th and stuff about interview.

Now I am really confused. I am yet to get any mail. I'm still waiting. I won't be happy if they simply raised my hope just to smash it.

Anyways, is there anyone here who was part of ALC 3.0 who was sent a mail by Andela to apply?

I am... my deadline too was yesterday... but had submitted lastweek... didn't do it well, thou!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Solomon27(m): 9:54am On Aug 14, 2018
shimmer1:

She's a lady.

Oh, my bad grin
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by naijanoni(m): 9:56am On Aug 14, 2018
DonPikko:
add an event to the input field first, then control the button behavior with input value
In the Armstrong question, the Instruction is that the submit button should be disabled whenever the user enters a value that isnt a 3 digit Integer (the disablement should be ON INPUT) and when the user tries to click on the already disabled button, he should get a message tellinng him why he cant enter that value.

So lets say the input id= "input" and button id = "button";

I added an "oninput" event to the input field, e.g:

input.oninput= function(){
if(this.value is not a 3 digit integer){
button.disabled= true;
}else {button.disabled= false;}

Problem is I cant assign an "onclick" event to the button when it is disabled to return the message stating why the user cant enter that value.
The "onclick" event would only be active if the button isnt disabled (that is when the user entered correctly a 3 digit integer).
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DonPikko: 10:01am On Aug 14, 2018
naijanoni:
I actually used to think this Andela program was for novices(like me). Now I realize you need to have a level of depth in knowledge of web development. I only started learning programming (JavaScript in particular) around May and I hadnt been consistent in my learning due to some issues. I had learnt the basics of HTML and CSS earlier.
Presently Im still only half way through in learning the essentials of Java Script. Still I applied and took the assessments and by God's grace, I was able to pass both. The tests were not difficult for me because all the questions were based on things I had learnt just very recently, so everything was fresh in my brain. Prior to the last test, I had just finished learning the core JS language, I hadnt even touched the DOM aspect. I only began studying the DOM last week Friday. I have been able to write the basic code for the challenge, but I am still struggling with assigning events as I haven't gotten to the Events chapter in my studying. I am trying to rush through my studying/ skipping parts so as to catch up with Andela (Which isn't the best).
What are the chances of a novice like me succeeding in the bootcamp?
the bootcamp is not for novice o,your kungfu must be very strong, at least the guys i knew that got in, have been programming consistently like for a year, you need to work your ass off, the bootcamp is beyond just html, css, and js
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Funkypunky: 11:04am On Aug 14, 2018
Please guys how can i add an event that will reload the rendered "body/window/element" of web app..
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by minions(m): 11:07am On Aug 14, 2018
Solomon27:

I am... my deadline too was yesterday... but had submitted lastweek... didn't do it well, thou!

Ok I am not alone.

Why you no come do the test wella? It wasn't as hard as I expected.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by minions(m): 11:10am On Aug 14, 2018
DonPikko:
the bootcamp is not for novice o,your kungfu must be very strong, at least the guys i knew that got in, have been programming consistently like for a year, you need to work your ass off, the bootcamp is beyond just html, css, and js

If I had been programming consistently for a year, I wouldn't go for Andela.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by gracechellar(f): 11:25am On Aug 14, 2018
Solomon27:

That's the spirit, bro

im female sis. no wahala
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by guente02(m): 11:49am On Aug 14, 2018
DonPikko:
thanks bro, have you used it with react?, i'm having issues setting it up in react, but format code works nicely
Nope.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DonPikko: 12:02pm On Aug 14, 2018
minions:

If I had been programming consistently for a year, I wouldn't go for Andela.
andela is the number one best company in nigeria
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DonPikko: 12:04pm On Aug 14, 2018
Funkypunky:
Please guys how can i add an event that will reload the rendered "body/window/element" of web app..
i didn't hear from you again, did you later submit like that
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by princesweetman2(m): 12:13pm On Aug 14, 2018
Funkypunky:

let element = document.querySelector("element"wink.addEventListener(click, () => {});

Wat am basically trying to describe abv is.
1 cr8 / listen for a click event and
2 write s function to reload d page tongue

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Solomon27(m): 12:14pm On Aug 14, 2018
minions:

Ok I am not alone.

Why you no come do the test wella? It wasn't as hard as I expected.

The JS challenges are quite tough for me, cus I have lil knowledge of JS thou
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by princesweetman2(m): 12:15pm On Aug 14, 2018
benfluleck stevenakp guente02 DonPikko

Any idea if andela can provide spare system to work with for bootcamp.

My Toshiba ba3 got issues.

cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.