Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,283 members, 7,860,662 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:56 PM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (626874 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 11:47am On Mar 27, 2015
codebrew85:
Yea. So by monday next week, we start getting the invite to the bootcamp. Keeping my fingers crossed...lol

I guess so
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 27, 2015
I feel everyone after April there will no more be intakes as all the successful prospective programmers will be inducted into the andela fellowship by june
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by circular(m): 4:34pm On Mar 27, 2015
codebrew85:
Yea. So by monday next week, we start getting the invite to the bootcamp. Keeping my fingers crossed...lol

We de wait oo
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by adedipo: 5:16pm On Mar 27, 2015
tolularson:

Yes I did. How was your home study test and interview?

The test and interview went well, I'm hoping for the best. How was the aptitude test, hope you got great scores this time, I wish you the best.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tolularson(f): 5:31pm On Mar 27, 2015
adedipo:

The test and interview went well, I'm hoping for the best. How was the aptitude test, hope you got great scores this time, I wish you the best.

Yea, my scores were better, I got over 90 in the 3 categories. I hope you get called for the bootcamp. What was the home study test about? Was it timed?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by adedipo: 6:37pm On Mar 27, 2015
tolularson:

Yea, my scores were better, I got over 90 in the 3 categories. I hope you get called for the bootcamp. What was the home study test about? Was it timed?

Wow, that's great. Thanks, I pray I get called. They usually send a link pre-interview, of the page containing home study tutorial. It's about fundamentals of html, css and JavaScript. The test is based on the tutorial, and it's timed. The test is not so difficult, but the timing is fast. This is the tutorial link
http://curriculum.andela.co/homestudy/
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by circular(m): 7:25pm On Mar 27, 2015
circular:

Mine is 17 of 63.

Please can u explain the rank for me?

I sent Smarterer.com a mail bout my rank. Below is their response:

Hi Chris,
Your rank shows where your score sits amongst the pool of all users to have taken a specific test. So 63 users have taken the Pre-Bootcamp Evaluation Test, and you've earned the 17th best score - good job!
Let me know if I can answer any further questions.
Cheers,
Joe
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 9:52pm On Mar 27, 2015
circular:

I sent Smarterer.com a mail bout my rank. Below is their response:
Hi Chris,
Your rank shows where your score sits amongst the pool of all users to have taken a specific test. So 63 users have taken the Pre-Bootcamp Evaluation Test, and you've earned the 17th best score - good job!
Let me know if I can answer any further questions.
Cheers,
Joe

That's cool. I hope the pre-bootcamp test score is considered ooo.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 9:58pm On Mar 27, 2015
adedipo:

Wow, that's great. Thanks, I pray I get called. They usually send a link pre-interview, of the page containing home study tutorial. It's about fundamentals of html, css and JavaScript. The test is based on the tutorial, and it's timed. The test is not so difficult, but the timing is fast. This is the tutorial link

Bro. Just wanna make a point. If you call JavaScript Object prototyping and passing functions as functions parameters as fundamentals, then I guess JavaScript must be a cryptic language, cos that was what we faced on Monday. Sure, there were some basic HTML, CSS and JAVASCRIPT questions, there were also some pretty advanced JavaScript and CSS questions that made 90 seconds look like 15 seconds. Moreover, the more advanced a question is, the higher the point you score for the said question. Just a piece of advice, ensure you go through all the homestudy courses, especially that stubborn JavaScript. Goodluck!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by firdaus1: 11:41pm On Mar 27, 2015
Bennyzino:
I feel everyone after April there will no more be intakes as all the successful prospective programmers will be inducted into the andela fellowship by june

This is not true. We will recruit Andela Fellows every month for the foreseeable future! smiley
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 12:28am On Mar 28, 2015
firdaus1:

This is not true. We will recruit Andela Fellows every month for the foreseeable future! smiley

I have a question sir.

Is the Andela fellowship program only open to Bsc and HND graduates who have completed their NYSC only? Or OND holders are also eligible? I asked this because the interviewer asked a question about NYSC. So guys who have just OND can know if they shouldn't hope to get in even if they performed well in both homestudy test and interview because they are not graduates who have completed NYSC. Thanks sir.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by electricity: 8:49am On Mar 28, 2015
toystars:

I have a question sir.

Is the Andela fellowship program only open to Bsc and HND graduates who have completed their NYSC only? Or OND holders are also eligible? I asked this because the interviewer asked a question about NYSC. So guys who have just OND can know if they shouldn't hope to get in even if they performed well in both homestudy test and interview because they are not graduates who have completed NYSC. Thanks sir.

I think they asked about that because they don't want people to leave the fellowship for NYSC. Everyone who went for the interview was asked if they were ready to stay at Andela for 4 years.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 8:55am On Mar 28, 2015
electricity:

I think they asked about that because they don't want people to leave the fellowship for NYSC. Everyone who went for the interview was asked if they were ready to stay at Andela for 4 years.

Oh, thanks.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by adedipo: 9:56am On Mar 28, 2015
toystars:

Bro. Just wanna make a point. If you call JavaScript Object prototyping and passing functions as functions parameters as fundamentals, then I guess JavaScript must be a cryptic language, cos that was what we faced on Monday. Sure, there were some basic HTML, CSS and JAVASCRIPT questions, there were also some pretty advanced JavaScript and CSS questions that made 90 seconds look like 15 seconds. Moreover, the more advanced a question is, the higher the point you score for the said question. Just a piece of advice, ensure you go through all the homestudy courses, especially that stubborn JavaScript. Goodluck!

IMO, like 90% of the questions are based on some fundamental aspects of those technologies, though there are some of the questions that can't be considered basic. That they are basic building blocks does not mean they will be elementary. At the end of two weeks in boot camp, you will likely agree with me.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 11:42am On Mar 28, 2015
adedipo:

IMO, like 90% of the questions are based on some fundamental aspects of those technologies, though there are some of the questions that can't be considered basic. That they are basic building blocks does not mean they will be elementary. At the end of two weeks in boot camp, you will likely agree with me.

I guess you are right. I think it's all about what each person sees as BASIC or ELEMENTARY. Even the Basic Calculus we did in school self na confirm die. Anyways, how far have you gone with your application?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tolularson(f): 2:06pm On Mar 28, 2015
adedipo:

Thank you very much
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by adedipo: 9:34pm On Mar 28, 2015
toystars:

I guess you are right. I think it's all about what each person sees as BASIC or ELEMENTARY. Even the Basic Calculus we did in school self na confirm die. Anyways, how far have you gone with your application?

So far so good, I had test and interview same as others, and I'm expecting positive result.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by adedipo: 9:36pm On Mar 28, 2015
tolularson:

Thank you very much

You're much welcome
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by circular(m): 7:43am On Mar 30, 2015
I guess the bootcamp invitation will start rolling in from today. Pls indicate if u've received urs...
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 30, 2015
Dem never invite anybody or none of us for here make am through ni
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by circular(m): 1:59pm On Mar 30, 2015
Gunbiz:
Dem never invite anybody or none of us for here make am through ni
Lol. No pray dat kind prayer o
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 30, 2015
circular:

Lol. No pray dat kind prayer o

I dey wonder ni ooo....afternoon Don knack
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by circular(m): 2:33pm On Mar 30, 2015
codebrew85:
Ve u gotten invitation to the bootcamp?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 30, 2015
circular:

Ve u gotten invitation to the bootcamp?
I've not o. U?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by circular(m): 3:54pm On Mar 30, 2015
codebrew85:
I've not o. U?
Not yet. Still expecting it
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 30, 2015
circular:

Not yet. Still expecting it
ok.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by circular(m): 6:10pm On Mar 30, 2015
Why the silence? Abi una the follow collate election results?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 6:11pm On Mar 30, 2015
circular:
Why the silence? Abi una the follow collate election results?

As dem never invite us nko? Make man pikin just dey observe...
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by circular(m): 7:20pm On Mar 30, 2015
toystars:

As dem never invite us nko? Make man pikin just dey observe...
Abi?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 31, 2015
Shey na election dey delay bootcamp invite
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by circular(m): 12:40pm On Mar 31, 2015
Gunbiz:
Shey na election dey delay bootcamp invite
I wonder o. Dem join hands with INEC de place us on double suspense
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 31, 2015
Na wa o

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.