Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,941 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Infamous Radio/tv Tax - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Infamous Radio/tv Tax (384 Views)

Those Who Stole From Nigeria Have Newspapers, Radio & TV Stations - Lai Mohammed / Fuel Subsidy: Nbc Trying To Censor Radio & Tv Stations In Nigeria? / The World's Infamous Dictators… And How They Met Their Violent Ends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Infamous Radio/tv Tax by supomi: 1:08pm On Jul 09, 2014
Infamous Radio/Tv Tax
if the plan by Lagos state government to start collecting taxes for radio and television is anything thing to go by, then this APC led government is headed for destruction. Little wonder they were ousted in Ekiti. This is a government that has seen nothing wrong in taxing even the pepper seller on the streets of Lagos.

If APC is voted into power in 2015 they will tax even the widows and orphans because that is what APC has come to be known for. I would rather mobilize for PDP than vote a PARTY that has no regard for the citizen and their welfare. Fahola has taxed lagosians to the extent of pushing some of them back to their states of origin.

Now the reason for this tax I still can’t fathom, because very soon I know we might be asked to start paying for refrigerator and gas cookers. I don’t trust this Lagos APC government! If they can think of this infamous means of making money, then they can think of anything. To make matters worse it’s the local government that is championing the takings. What a glorious mistake!

Sadly, Most of the local governments in Lagos can’t boost of one thing they have been able to achieve since their inception. All they spend time doing is chatting each time you visit them. They are never in their offices and end up frustrating whoever does not part with some cash when you need certain files to be treated. Part of the many reasons I won’t pay that bill!

I wonder if this government is thinking at all! I use Dstv in my house and pay monthly. Are they saying I have to pay for dstv and still pay for watching in my house? They had better go to the dstv and collect their tax because I see no sense in this obnoxious law!
Re: Infamous Radio/tv Tax by badaru911: 1:35pm On Jul 09, 2014
it's the federal government that started it. the FG jos announced that starting from next year, the citizen wuld be paying a kinda levy to be watching Nigerian owned stations, and I think radio station is also included. And those stations are NTA and radio Nigeria. The FG said it's trying to bring back the radio/tv levy dat was collectd during old age and the money realized from it is gonna be for the maintenance of those stations. And dat kinda levy is in da law. So for FG trying to bring dat is like giving a go ahead for all the states government to introduce da levy. And the FG said that they are trying to copy the british style.. I don't like it as well and am not an APC or PDP, don't blame a party, but blame da government

(1) (Reply)

What's Your View On Zoning / Politicians Are Aware Most Nigerians Are Lazy And Unintelligent – Oluwatosin / Deputy Governor’s Resignation Unconstitutional – Nyako

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.