Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,064 members, 7,852,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:39 PM

Why Nigeria Must Take FIFA To Court - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Nigeria Must Take FIFA To Court (636 Views)

FIFA To Ban Nigeria By The End Of Today If... / FIFA To Investigate Footballer With 4 Birthdays / FIFA to Scrap Offside Rule? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigeria Must Take FIFA To Court by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 09, 2014
The NFF executive was sacked by the court of law and the NFF general congress.

There is no evidence of government involvement!

The Nigerian Government have no power to overturn the decision of our court of law and as a Nation of laws the verdict of the court must be respected. If FIFA does not like the position of the high court then I guess they can sponsor an appeal in Abuja if they want.

It seems strange that they are suspending Nigeria until Nigeria overturn the decision of the court and this seems to me as coercion and bullying which I think Nigeria must challenge at the courts.

Nigeria should take FIFA to court for bullying and coercion. We are a nation of laws and the NFF with its head office in Nigeria is subject to the laws if the land.

On a side note FIFA can not keep going around the world asking government of countries to fund major competitions by building stadium and providing transport or security only to claim government interference when they so choose. In Africa the FA depend on government for funding, is financial interference the only allowed interference?

Nigeria should call FIFA bluff and take them to court in Switzerland! This in my view is unacceptable bullying!

CAF and FIFA must also be included in the suit and compelled to stay action so that we can carry on in all football competition while the suit is being determined.
Re: Why Nigeria Must Take FIFA To Court by Onlinebizexpert(m): 9:17pm On Jul 09, 2014
Re: Why Nigeria Must Take FIFA To Court by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 09, 2014
FIFA is racist and rigged. The system they run will favor the more developed countries over developing countries. As an example, most developing countries will never have a viable domestic league as long as FIFA maintains a relegation system. Resources are scarce in developing countries and so investors will need stability to fund clubs so as not lose their money in relegation. America sports don't have relegation.

(1) (Reply)

Soccer Bet / Report: Victor Moses To Undergo Stoke City Medical / Fresh Daily Online Football Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.