Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,053 members, 7,838,659 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 - Sports (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 (127391 Views)

Brazil Vs Netherlands: World Cup 3rd Place (0 - 3) On 12th July 2014 / Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 / Brazil Vs Germany: World Cup 2014 Semi-final (1 - 7) On 8th July 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:30am On Jul 14, 2014
Ebubeslym:
e dey pain u?
To be honest with you, yes. I hate when people work hard for something, they carry the reward and give to another person because he is liked. It is just like 2010 Ball on D'or, Sniejder worked hard and merited it in the Champions League and the League. He was not even nominated in the top three and Messi was given the award.

Mueller and James Rodriguez really worked hard. Their efforts should be rewarded and not used as a compensation for Messi. If Medal is the greatest, he should do it on the pitch, not get dashed awards.

2 Likes

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Nobody: 12:30am On Jul 14, 2014
Happywoman:
Na so u dey sleep?
i wish...
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by nickz(m): 12:31am On Jul 14, 2014
carefreewannabe:

German people are known to be extremely self-disciplined wink
there is nothing "non-self disciplined" in feeding my eyes!!
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by laplace19(m): 12:33am On Jul 14, 2014
scribe2000:

And here is the criteria as to why Messi was picked:
He created 23 chances (the tournament-high), scored 4 goals, gave one assist and produced 3 back-to-back Man-of-the-Match performances. None of the other contenders matched this.
And all these with over 7 billion pairs of eyes (from friends and foes alike) trained on him. Yes, the entire world was watching. The pressure on that young man was enormous!!!

God bless you..... his hatred for Messi won't allow him to assimilate and accept that...
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:33am On Jul 14, 2014
laplace19:

He single handedly took Argentina to WC final... he played better too,or didn't he? .....bad belle,your type can never be pleased.....

If we are being honest to ourselves, Messi was not special in the knock out phases. Masherano was the rock of that team. So that single handedly taken Argentina to the finals, is a big lie. He had Mascherano, Ezequiel Garay and Di Maria. As for me, Di Maria offered a lot. His presence was missed in the last two games.

1 Like

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Sohot: 12:34am On Jul 14, 2014
Limaoscar: Anybody watching that Ilan Smith the Illusionist on Super sport....speechless shocked shocked shocked

He swapped it with the tearing movement wen Robert Marawa gave it to him to open.If he was real he would have told us before the match started.He should never have been allowed to touch the box or the paper again if he was real..I llusionists play with ur mind the human eyes follow large movements but not small movements and he was also distracting marawa while he was talking to him

1 Like

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Ebubeslym(m): 12:35am On Jul 14, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: To be honest with you, yes. I hate when people work hard for something, they carry the reward and give to another person because he is liked. It is just like 2010 Ball on D'or, Sniejder worked hard and merited it in the Champions League and the League. He was not even nominated in the top three and Messi was given the award.

Mueller and James Rodriguez really worked hard. Their efforts should be rewarded and not used as a compensation for Messi. If Medal is the greatest, he should do it on the pitch, not get dashed awards.

enter okada go collect am from am na....

1 Like

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Swash042(m): 12:37am On Jul 14, 2014
dis dude, "ilan smith" jux got famous!...from 300 ffers to 11k ffers in less than 3hrs (Twitter).

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by laplace19(m): 12:38am On Jul 14, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: If we are being honest to ourselves, Mess I was not special in the knock out phases. Masherano was the rock of that team. So that single handedly taken Argentina to the finals, is a big lie. He had Mascherano, Ezequiel Garay and Di Maria. As for me, Do Maria offered a lot. His presence was missed in the last two games.

Na now I know say you carry that your eye problem dey watch the matches..... read scribb's post and stop arguing....
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Ebubeslym(m): 12:38am On Jul 14, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: If we are being honest to ourselves, Mess I was not special in the knock out phases. Masherano was the rock of that team. So that single handedly taken Argentina to the finals, is a big lie. He had Mascherano, Ezequiel Garay and Di Maria. As for me, Di Maria offered a lot. His presence was missed in the last two games.
and ur diving robben was holland's rock,saviour,lifeline, and last hope shey
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:39am On Jul 14, 2014
Sohot:

He swapped it with the tearing movement wen Robert Marawa gave it to him to open.If he was real he would have told us before the match started.He should never have been allowed to touch the box or the paper again if he was real..I llusionists play with ur mind the human eyes follow large movements but not small movements and he was also distracting marawa while he was talking to him
I did not want to spoil the fun. I was very angry when Marawa allowed him touch the box. At that point, it was all fake. Next time, he should not touch the box.

2 Likes

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Adesquare2(f): 12:40am On Jul 14, 2014
Ebubeslym:

enter okada go collect am from am na....

mascherano also gave the killer pass to dimaria to score abi against swiss. your obsession for Messiah would definitely send you to your early grave. keep hating

1 Like

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Sholexyz(m): 12:40am On Jul 14, 2014
ollah1:

But they didnt produce a better game than Messi. Why isn't Romero awarded the Golden glove since he conceded the least goals?
if romero was given d award I wudn't complain same wit d german keeper they were d best goal keeper at d latter stage of d tournament but wats has messi done @ d latter stage of d world cup to deserve dis award.. Xplain

1 Like

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by dtermined(m): 12:40am On Jul 14, 2014

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Sohot: 12:42am On Jul 14, 2014
Shedysworld:
Very surprising from the illusionist, so right from the start the match has been predestined to go this way.

He swapped it wen Robert marawa gave it to him.Always remember to look for such details wen sm1 claims to be a magician.His presence was nt needed to open d box and bring out d paper and if he was genuine he should have jst said the scoreline before the match..

2 Likes

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Ebubeslym(m): 12:43am On Jul 14, 2014
Adesquare2: mascherano also gave the killer pass to dimaria to score abi against swiss. your obsession for Messiah would definitely send you to your early grave. keep hating

correct urself sharp sharp
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:43am On Jul 14, 2014
See comments:

Nick Sinclair1h ago-
Messi was good, but not the best player, little consolation prize from fifa

Niki Stateczny 1h ago-
Ur right messi didn't show up in the semis and didn't have an impact in the final

blah blah1h ago-
not even in the top 5 of players of the cup, wtf was that award about

Buzz M.52m ago-
They always use this award as a consolation... no worries.

Karim Richards1h ago-
This is a disgrace. How does he win the Golden Ball over James Rodriguez, Müller, or Robben. He wasn't even the best player on his own damn team. Mascherano was far superior and had more effect on the outcome of the games. I was never one to join in on the fifa is corrupt bandwagon but this is truly disgusting.

Jefferson Castano1h ago-
Fifa is a joke.. They need to stop sucking up to Messi.. Congrats to the German team!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2125097-james-rodriguez-wins-golden-boot-at-2014-world-cup
Single handedly my foot.

2 Likes

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by dtermined(m): 12:47am On Jul 14, 2014

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Bifwoli: 12:47am On Jul 14, 2014
Germany just got lucky shot coz Argentina clearly had the better chances and dictated much of the game-fluke win for sure.If Germans are so good how come they couldn't do what they did to Portugal or Brazil and even struggled against Ghana and USA?
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by lafuria1(m): 12:47am On Jul 14, 2014
Messi award was a compensation. Simple, where was messi against Belgium and holland, how many chances did he create. His team mate won those matches, team mates like mascherano, di Maria, and goalkeeper Romero.

Anyway, messi would surely trade the golden ball for the World Cup. Best of luck to him next time. He has one more World Cup to go.

1 Like

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by naturalwaves: 12:48am On Jul 14, 2014
@thegoodjoehunt, please stop arguing with these guys. Their bias won't let them reason well. It is trending all over twitter and on sports websites all over that Messi doesn't doesn't deserve the award. Even in the Argie team, Di Maria and Mascherano were more valuable than Messi talkless of MVP of the tournament. Well, it is called Adidas Golden ball award and they sponsor Messi.

2 Likes

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Psalmwellcology: 12:48am On Jul 14, 2014
Guys, download the match highlights in High Quality HD below.

Download Argentina 0-1 (AET) Germany Highlights [2014 World Cup Final]
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:49am On Jul 14, 2014
Nelson Pelaez1h ago-
As a Colombian I feel like I was punched twice .. 6 gols, 2 assists and 2 of the most beautiful gols seen in this World Cup not enough to receive the golden ball ? So Messi just appearing in the final is what it takes ? We all know already Messi is the best or 2nd best(CR7) but who was the best in the World Cup seriously?! Colombia was robbed twice.

Karim Richards1h ago-
This is a disgrace. How does he win the Golden Ball over James Rodriguez, Müller, or Robben. He wasn't even the best player on his own damn team. Mascherano was far superior and had more effect on the outcome of the games. I was never one to join in on the fifa is corrupt bandwagon but this is truly disgusting.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2125097-james-rodriguez-wins-golden-boot-at-2014-world-cup
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Nobody: 12:55am On Jul 14, 2014
nickz: there is nothing "non-self disciplined" in feeding my eyes!!

There would if you were not able to watch a match you paid for because of some hot chicks, that the world has in abundance.
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Nobody: 12:57am On Jul 14, 2014
DaBozz:
Yeah! But he didn't deserve it. I think Robben deserves it.
I AGREE.BUT THE MESSI WORSHIPPERS ON NL WILL DISAGREE WITH Ulipsrsealed ACCORDING TO THEM HE IS EVEN GREATER THAN PELE gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by mamagee3(f): 1:00am On Jul 14, 2014
Chanchit:

Keep consoling ur self, but e pain U sha.
Nah, I couldn't care about who gets the Golden Ball as long as Germany carried this cup home, I am happy that my Germany made me proud today, any other player can get the consolation prizes created by Fifa.grin
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by Keky(m): 1:01am On Jul 14, 2014
FIFA reopened last balon d'or voting after ronaldo hattrick against sweden . FIFA no corrupt that time.
Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by naturalwaves: 1:02am On Jul 14, 2014
Bifwoli: Germany just got lucky shot coz Argentina clearly had the better chances and dictated much of the game-fluke win for sure.If Germans are so good how come they couldn't do what they did to Portugal or Brazil and even struggled against Ghana and USA?
Sharap! What lucky shot are you talking of? I hope you are not referring to that intelligent goal by Gotze? Or was it luck that made shurle beat 2 defenders on the left with a run? Wad it luck that lifted an up through ball for him which bent for Gotze. I guess it was luck that took Gotze up to chest and control d ball well and it was luck that told him to quickly attack the ball with a pyscho kick volley. If you do not have any meaningful thing to say, go and sleep.

Moreover, in football, there is nothing like creating more chances. What matters is whether or not the ball gets to the back of the net and Germany did that. If you wanna talk about luck, then it applies to the Argentines.....lucky against Nigeria, lucky against Iran, lucky against Belgium, lucky against Netherlands( penalties). For how long were they gonna ride on luck? Coming into the finals, Germany won most matches convincingly as opposed to Argentina. They even had more than twice the number of goals Argentina scored, so, what are you talking about?

Even though you are pained Argentina lost, that is not a license to spill nonsense.

8 Likes

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by iluvnaija: 1:12am On Jul 14, 2014
WORLD CUP REVELATION

1. "G" is the 7th letter of the alphabet, and Germany starts with "G"

2. The name Germany contains 7 letters

3. Germany was in Group "G" or Group "7"

4. Germany ended and won the Group stage with 7 points.

5. Germany scored 7 goals in the Group stage (4 goals against Portugal, 2 goals against Ghana and 1 against U.S.A.)

6. Germany scored 7 goals against Brazil in the Semi final.

7. And obviously, we are in 7th month of the year.

It is clear that this is their time and nobody can take it away from them because it is their destiny.
YOUR TIME will come and nobody will be able take it away from you in Jesus name. Can i hear a big AMEEN from somebody tonight. “UP GERMAN MACHINES"

2 Likes

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by dotcomnamename: 1:13am On Jul 14, 2014
[size=15pt]Arsenal Wizard Mesut Özil World Cup Champion ....

You want to know where he put his shirt? UEFA President Michel Platini asked for Ozil’s shirt, that’s the second thing that made my day..... Oooops

Mesut Özil kiss

[/size]

1 Like

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by dotcomnamename: 1:20am On Jul 14, 2014
Arsenal World Cup Champion

Mesut Özil kiss

Haters hang yourself..

UP GUNNER

1 Like

Re: Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 by nickz(m): 1:27am On Jul 14, 2014
carefreewannabe:

There would if you were not able to watch a match you paid for because of some hot chicks, that the world has in abundance.
lAst time I watched a match in a stadium was when Nigeria hosted the u-17 WC ....I didn't enjoy it as much as much as I enjoy watching at on a tv even though I had not gotten spectacles then.I fed my eyes with the faces of beauties and I DO NOT REGRET ANY 1KOBO spent on ticket.hot pass hot!

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (109) (Reply)

Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Cameroon 3.0 (Live) / Sweden Vs Nigeria (3 - 3) Fifa Women's World Cup On 8th June, 2015 / Ghana Vs Nigeria: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 25th March 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.