Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

No Dusk, No Dawn. How Should Ramadan Be Observed. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / No Dusk, No Dawn. How Should Ramadan Be Observed. (1174 Views)

Benefits Of Eating Sahuur ( The Pre-dawn Meal) / End Of History… Dawn Of Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Dusk, No Dawn. How Should Ramadan Be Observed. by cannonnier(m): 6:12am On Jul 10, 2014
.:
How do Muslims north of the Arctic Circle
participate in Ramadan?

In areas north of the Arctic Circle, Muslims observing Ramadan this year are in for a challenge. At the height of summer, the suns stays up around the clock, meaning that those who fast cannot follow the movements of the sun to determine when they are allowed to eat.

An estimated 700 Muslims are spending Ramadan in the mining town of Kiruna,
located 145km north of the Arctic Circle and surrounded by snowcapped mountains throughout the summer. Many of them are recent asylum seekers, sent to Kiruna while their claims are processed.

The sun stays up around the clock from May 28-July 16, which constitutes half of the fasting period this year.

December Ramadan: Perpetual darkness.

When Ramadan falls in December, however, Muslims will face the opposite of midnight sun: polar night. For two weeks, the sun
does not rise above the horizon.

http://m.aljazeera.com/se/20147614423642407

Re: No Dusk, No Dawn. How Should Ramadan Be Observed. by vedaxcool(m): 9:53am On Jul 10, 2014
Na wa oh! Orishi rishi!
Re: No Dusk, No Dawn. How Should Ramadan Be Observed. by cannonnier(m): 4:57pm On Jul 10, 2014
vedaxcool: Na wa oh! Orishi rishi!
toba jepe ewo lowan be bawo loma se gbawe?

Oh lawd! Did I just communicate? LOL. gringringrin
Re: No Dusk, No Dawn. How Should Ramadan Be Observed. by vedaxcool(m): 8:08pm On Jul 10, 2014
cannonnier: toba jepe ewo lowan be bawo loma se gbawe?

Oh lawd! Did I just communicate? LOL. gringringrin
emi Ò Mo! The conditions are just too difficult! I would have to do a research on fasting in places with time "problems" like this.
Re: No Dusk, No Dawn. How Should Ramadan Be Observed. by cannonnier(m): 8:53pm On Jul 10, 2014
vedaxcool: emi Ò Mo! The conditions are just too difficult! I would have to do a research on fasting in places with time "problems" like this.
that will be great. Make sure you share your findings here.

Have you read from the link? They said their is not any fatwa this.

Some people follow the closes city to them while others follow Macca timing.
Re: No Dusk, No Dawn. How Should Ramadan Be Observed. by vedaxcool(m): 7:56am On Jul 11, 2014
cannonnier: that will be great. Make sure you share your findings here.

Have you read from the link? They said their is not any fatwa this.

Some people follow the closes city to them while others follow Macca timing.

I will in due time!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Prophets Muhammed S.A.W View On Music / First Mosque In The Arctic Circle. Subhanallah! / Share How your fasting went today... Mine Was Interesting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.