Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! (4675 Views)

Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola / Fear Grips Bayelsa Politicians Over Kidnappers / Gen. Buhari On The Lips Of Some Prominent Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by elitehow: 6:19am On Jul 10, 2014
The Federal Government said it has arrested some politicians over evidence of their ties with the dreaded terror sect, Boko haram.

Speaking at a news briefing today at the National Information Centre Abuja, the Coordinator of the Joint Information Centre for Security, Mike Omeiri, said following the recent arrest of some members of Boko Haram in Bauchi and Borno states, some materials retrieved from them after detailed investigation had evidential links with the politicians they have arrested. He however declined to disclose the names of the politicians.

Also speaking, the spokesperson for the State Security Service SSS, Marilyn Ogar accused the #bringbackourgirlscampaign of running bank accounts. She said the Nigerian security agents have information that the #Bringbackourgirls campaign now operate bank accounts and also compel members to register and carry tags before joining.

In a swift reaction, the convener of the #bringbackourgirls campaign and a former Minister of Education, Dr Oby Ezekwesili in a telephone interview with Channels TV last night, refuted the claims made by the SSS spokesperson.

"It's absolute falsehood. In fact I call it a cocktail of falsehood. We don't need bank account. This is strictly a citizens movement and neither do we need to register members. There is no person who walks over to the Unity Fountain that has not participated in our meetings.

There is absolutely no truth to that and I think that should really worry Nigerians that our own state security sadly could actually put out such....I don't even know what to call it".
Asked how the campaign is being funded, Dr Ezekwesili said;

"Well its very simple. The needs that we have are so basic. Its the Tee shirts and I can see some of the people in tee shirts and I can see some of the people wearing those face caps, that's all we need and what normally happens is that all these members you see there, some bring in 10 Teeshirts, some 100. There is nothing that will need any kind of money, so you know this is really a pedestrian kind of falsehood" she said

http://www..com/index.php/41-blog/blog-articles/386-fg-arrests-some-politicians-over-ties-with-boko-haram-accuses-bringbackourgirls-campaign-of-running-bank-accounts

Re: Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by MaziOmenuko: 7:41am On Jul 10, 2014
Na today?
Re: Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by Goahead(m): 7:42am On Jul 10, 2014
If true then, let them feel the wrath of Allah that are been felt by the innocent law abiding citizens...
Re: Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 10, 2014
Give us names, or don't they have names?? these politicians!! undecided

13 Likes

Re: Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by VICTORCIZA(m): 8:04am On Jul 10, 2014
nice move
Re: Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 10, 2014
If you wouldn't tell us their names then don't tell us the news.

It's someone requesting for a pen in an exam hall and makes a request to the whole class for a pen. Then I answer by saying I av 1 beht it's at home. Wtf

15 Likes

Re: Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by abdulaz: 8:12am On Jul 10, 2014
for the sake of Nigerians still alive, please publish the names of these savages who lack conscience.
Re: Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by dplordx(m): 8:44am On Jul 10, 2014
Bull and cock story. So these politicians are nameless abi? Next you will hear it was Buhari and Tinubu. If GEJ wants Bokoharam eliminated, he would have sincerely fixed this. But its glaring it didn't care about the Northerners, they can die for all the president cares. Let's see if GEJ can get 1 single vote in the North come 2015. The truth is, even the northerners will pocket his cash, but not even Muazu will vote for this racist and failure of a leader.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by CVWizards(m): 9:02am On Jul 10, 2014
I don't believe this story.

Re: Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 10, 2014
Boko Haram can't flourish without people in power. All those indicted should be charged with treason,and made to face the full weight of the law.

1 Like

Re: Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by Idrismusty97(m): 9:26am On Jul 10, 2014
Pictures & Names of the politicians or.....
Re: Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by Idrismusty97(m): 9:31am On Jul 10, 2014
CVWizards: I don't believe this story.
It is a confirmed story. All i want is their names. At least they should prosecute them in the glaring eyes of the public. We are the ones suffering from these menace the most, is their names too hard to give out?

http://www.channelstv.com/2014/07/09/fg-links-leading-politicians-to-boko-haram/

http://www.news247.com.ng/news/fg-arrests-quizzes-politicians-with-links-to-boko-haram

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/07/fg-arrests-quizzes-politicians-links-boko-haram/
Re: Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by lonelydora: 9:40am On Jul 10, 2014
Keep it to urself if u r not telling us their names

1 Like

Re: Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by Idrismusty97(m): 9:48am On Jul 10, 2014
lonelydora: Keep it to urself if u r not telling us their names
This is according to dailyindependent;
β€œThe politicians are being interrogated
following the recovery of some sensitive
registration cards and other materials of a
prominent political party
that were found in
the possession of some of the suspects
arrested .

β€œ Investigation is still ongoing to further
unravel the identity of others that may have
been involved and as soon as it is
completed, we shall reveal the names of the
culprits and the political party
, ” he stated .
One of the two parties we know are sponsors of bokoharam. tick tock tick tock.... smiley
Re: Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by Hermanie(m): 10:04am On Jul 10, 2014
Goahead: If true then, let them feel the wrath of Allah that are been felt by the innocent law abiding citizens...

are you a Muslim
Re: Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by yenex1(f): 10:45am On Jul 10, 2014
no names? we want Thier names.i want to know if my grand pa is among angry

1 Like

Re: Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by ckushy(m): 10:55am On Jul 10, 2014
foolish people
Re: Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by bnovative(m): 11:05am On Jul 10, 2014
So our apc e-gang are now asking for names and pictures? when decent Nigerians were asking for names and pictures of the alleged kidnapped chibok girls, what did we get? apc supporters and double standard !!! I give up!!!

4 Likes

Re: Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by bnovative(m): 11:07am On Jul 10, 2014
So our apc #e-gang are now asking for names and pictures? when decent Nigerians were asking for names and pictures of the alleged kidnapped chibok girls, what did we get? apc supporters and double standard !!! I give up!!!
Re: Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by cirmuell(m): 11:07am On Jul 10, 2014
i hope this is not some sort of witch hunting!
Re: Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by b3llo(m): 11:15am On Jul 10, 2014
We need names!
Re: Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by Jakumo(m): 11:21am On Jul 10, 2014
Cut off the head of the snake, and the rest of the body will die soon enough.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by Goahead(m): 11:44am On Jul 10, 2014
Hermanie:

are you a Muslim
No, why did you ask..?
Re: Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by Demdem(m): 11:48am On Jul 10, 2014
Na today. Shameless people. Continue to deceive ursef and gullible Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by omenka(m): 12:19pm On Jul 10, 2014
When a common man is caught doing wrong by law enforcement agents, heavens will fall if their name is not spat out in every media outlet by law enforcement agency spokesmen. But when a bigger crook, and a killer, though a politician, is caught, it becomes a taboo to mention their name. Just the other day, former French president, Sarcozy, was whisked from his home to go answer to crimes he committed bothering on election funding. Belusconi of Italy suffered similar fate and has now been barred from participating in politics. Ehud Olmet of Israel too wasn't spared!!! These were all number 1 citizens of those countries. Why is this country like this Yet they expect us to be respected by the international community.

1 Like

Re: Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 10, 2014
A prominent political party? Na PDP na!

PDP na Boko Haram,Boko Haram na PDP

-AOA

5 Likes

Re: Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 10, 2014
yenex1: no names? we want Thier names.i want to know if my grand pa is among angry
Loolx, you can't be serious!! grin
Re: Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by adeife11: 1:03pm On Jul 10, 2014
Dis is y nigeria is not movin forward,why on hell won't deir names be mentioned? Our politicians will keep misbehaving wen dey know somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody dat wud not let deir names b mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by ojimbo(m): 1:09pm On Jul 10, 2014
Demdem: Na today. Shameless people. Continue to deceive ursef and gullible Nigerians.
don`t cry yet, lets wait for some days. They are going through investigations. All i can notice in all the above post is that some regions of nigeria are boko haram sympatizers
Re: Breaking! FG Has Arrested Some Prominent Politicians Over Ties With Boko Haram! by yenex1(f): 1:47pm On Jul 10, 2014
banega: Loolx, you can't be serious!! grin
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kegites Club Int'l Endorse Gej / Pictures On Biafra:nigeria Civil War / Dna - Igbo Have No Relation Or Ancestry To Semitic - Rabbi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.