Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,694 members, 7,955,628 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:20 AM

Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) (28243 Views)

See This Hillarious Poster Posted At Awo Hall OAU / Neglected Burnt Room In Obafemi Awolowo University - Awolowo Hall / Gombe State University (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by adebayo201: 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2014
Ahuitzotl: Stop using hotplate!!
na candle oh!

1 Like

Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 10, 2014
awodiyat: Am once a student of oau and am an engineer even with going to d spot i know wel dt fire cannt burn in a room and enter another room. Does dt design d buildg r nt mad. Them no wat they r doing. So to me if u tel me a bunk burn ño wahala but a room nt to tak of two. Na plot
Your use of English is an eyesore. Go and arrest all your past teachers. grin

9 Likes

Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:58pm On Jul 10, 2014
The use of hotplate couldn't have caused it. The management cut off power and water supply to all the halls of residence, drove traders, to make life unbearable for students so that the would leave.

1 Like

Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by akindele487(m): 1:01pm On Jul 10, 2014
mubarak23: what God forgive us for carelessness, i just pray is not electric cooker that cuase the fire.
there is no light in d hall of residence since june 19, so it is nt electric cooker

1 Like

Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by Gooci(m): 1:02pm On Jul 10, 2014
awodiyat: Am once a student of oau and am an engineer even with going to d spot i know wel dt fire cannt burn in a room and enter another room. Does dt design d buildg r nt mad. Them no wat they r doing. So to me if u tel me a bunk burn ño wahala but a room nt to tak of two. Na plot
koni da fun oyinbo...... carry on, hav fun xploding cool

6 Likes

Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by Emeka71(m): 1:07pm On Jul 10, 2014
I wanted to go there to use wireless internet yesterday.
Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by mimee9(f): 1:10pm On Jul 10, 2014
bolafez: ...and jamb form don close
u wan do change of institution cheesy
Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by mimee9(f): 1:15pm On Jul 10, 2014
beebee5000:
grin
Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by omusiliyu(m): 1:27pm On Jul 10, 2014
Thank God that the students are on break o.
Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by blessedfavoured: 1:35pm On Jul 10, 2014

*Wawuu*
Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by DocAdray(f): 1:42pm On Jul 10, 2014
OMG!
Thank God, no one was harmed. It is well oh...
Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by esbjaygmailco(m): 1:46pm On Jul 10, 2014
mubarak23: what God forgive us for carelessness, i just pray is not electric cooker that cuase the fire.
God will forgive your grammar.

4 Likes

Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by Braggante(m): 1:46pm On Jul 10, 2014

Are you serious? You must be joking. With this your English, you wan rubbish OAU integrity.

3 Likes

Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by esbjaygmailco(m): 2:01pm On Jul 10, 2014
dont mind those people criticizing ur grammar, but you ma no try atall, after 5 good years in the university you still dey blow this kind grammar, haba, God go judge your English teachers.

4 Likes

Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by jericco1(m): 2:03pm On Jul 10, 2014
crowntoro: na wa oh....ThankGod, No life was lost. embarassed

thank God indeed
Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by fuckluv(f): 2:37pm On Jul 10, 2014
beebee5000:
esbjaygmailco: God will forgive your grammar.
Braggante:
Are you serious? You must be joking. With this your English, you wan rubbish OAU integrity.
esbjaygmailco: dont mind those people criticizing ur grammar, but you ma no try atall, after 5 good years in the university you still dey blow this kind grammar, haba, God go judge your English teachers.
Diaris God in efritin we are doing grin

2 Likes

Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by Gooci(m): 2:44pm On Jul 10, 2014
nairaland eee grin grin grin grin i av die today grin
jst a flexible english from the guy nd unna wan kill him...... e no go beta for english cool
Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by Lilchilz(m): 2:45pm On Jul 10, 2014
Mariojane: all is well
even some are borehole

2 Likes

Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 10, 2014

Shot the f**k up wimp!
Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by Braggante(m): 2:47pm On Jul 10, 2014
esbjaygmailco: God will forgive your grammar.
Lwtmb!
Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by NigeriaArmy15(m): 2:54pm On Jul 10, 2014
So far Prof Bamitale Omo-ale didn't die

Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by peziz(f): 2:56pm On Jul 10, 2014

This is sad angry angry angry
Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by Ahuitzotl: 2:57pm On Jul 10, 2014
Promhize:

I am a natural fuccking iiidiot!
Good for you man....
Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by myspnigeria: 3:05pm On Jul 10, 2014
conspiracy and sabotage most likely.... could b due to carelessness too
Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by Cymbal: 3:08pm On Jul 10, 2014
omusiliyu: Thank God that the students are on break o.
Did i hear you say BREAK??
Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by judyeze1: 3:14pm On Jul 10, 2014
[size=18pt]are you saying the student burn than the hall over this video , awolowo is no more a hero.. pro independent western nigeria against anti western nigeria independent like tinubu, mike adenuga etc..

video of the independent day of Western Nigeria 15th November 1957

interesting
[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdzZ1Dfl-Dg
Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by NigeriaArmy15(m): 3:14pm On Jul 10, 2014
it is a pity-able. Pisma Pisma, it is regret-able Rugubious, its a rubbish Rubbishestness and its also a blunderous blunderousness that after your studious isolation and hard acada, you made our tongue hang loose.......#lol
Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by hardeyincah(m): 3:15pm On Jul 10, 2014
July 10, 1999
Men of the Confaternity stormed
Obafemi Awolowo Hall of Obafemi Awolowo
University, Ile-Ife. At about 2am in the thick,
dark, cold night, students had noticed
strange
movements within the campus. The students
informed their Union leaders but it was not
taken very seriously because the leaders were
fatigued from the rally they had held the
previous day.
At about 4am, a death squad comprising of
about 40 men, wearing black trousers and
black shirts, struck. They had their ugly faces
covered with masks and wielded short guns,
matchetes and axes.
They opened fire on ever-conscious Awo
Boys. They headed for the block where the
students Union Officials where resident. They
smashed doors opened.
They entered George Iwilade's room. George
Iwilade was sleeping. They shot him and
smashed his head with an axe to make sure
he was dead. They killed 4 other student
leaders. George Iwilade, a.k.a Afrika, was the
21 year old young, vibrant revolutionary and
radical students' union Secretary General. He
championed the causes of students. He
fought against oppression and victimization
of students by authorities.
He fought against intimidation of students by
cultists. While the cultists unleashed terror
on Awo Boys, they were also in serious
search for the President of the Union, Lanre,
popularly known as Lagacy. They shouted,
"Legacy, come out. Your life has been paid
for." Legacy
had escaped when he had gun shots.
Some brave Awoites organized a resistance
and then the cultists fled through the bush,
leaving 8 students dead and about 11
injured. At daybreak, the students organised
a congress, presided over by Lanre Legacy.
They set up a students' militia who later
arrested some of the cultists. One of the
cultists arrested by students confessed to
have be sponsored by Prof. Wale Omole, the
then Vice-Chancellor... They were sponsored
to silence the radical voices on campus.
It's 15 years today since George Iwilade
"Afrika" and others were silenced by
OAUmanagent-sponsored men.
It is worthy of note that this tactics of
sponsoring cultists to silence student
activists was not pecilar to OAU alone. In UI
too, authorities-sponsored cultists once
attacked Akeem Lawal, a.k.a Aluta who was
stabbed almost to death along Elkanemi Road
in UI many years back.
Akeem Lawal was saved by students'
resistance which made his attackers flee the
scene of the incident. He was
unconscious for many days at UCH and
underwent a surgical operation to have his
life saved.
Today, we see these cultists in them, people
in the authority who intimidate and oppress
students with weapons of lies and media
blackmail. We see the , Vikings, Aye
and other cultists' character in authorities
who eagerly descend on and crush nonviolent
students whose only weapon of warfare is
truth and nonviolence. We see the cultists
that killed George Iwilade and other OAU
students in the University authorities who
delight in demonic fees hike through
outrageous acceptance fees, tuition fees,
illegal levies, illegal sales of forms, extortion
of admission seeking students and so on. We
see the cultists in Male lecturers all over
Nigerian institutions who harass and seek
illicit affairs with female students through
tactics of threats and intimidation. We see
the dare-devil cultists in the Universities
authorities who believe that education is
cheap in a country where minimum wage is
less than N18,000 and there is no certainty
of employment upon graduation. We see
these cultists in the Universities
authorities who say to poor Nigerians, "Go
To Hell!"
Today, we remember the fallen heroes of our
struggles against all forms of injustices,
intimidation and oppression on Nigerian
campuses. May the souls of George Iwilade
and others rest in perfect peace.
May God give those who administer our
universities wisdom to do so without spoiling
their good names by oppressing the poor
and less privileged.
May God visit all those who have a hand in
the death of Iwalade Afrika and others, and
every other related deaths, with the natural
law of Karma.
May God continue to give victory to all
genuine struggles on this soil.
May those who fight, speak, march , struggle,
advocate, work, for and serve the people in
truth never be burnt whenever they are
thrown into a burning furnace like the
biblical Shedrach, Meshach and Abednego.
Let all Nigerian Students say a resounding
NO to cultism and oppression on our
campuses. Let it be ZERO TOLERANCE to
cultism on our campuses.
WeShallOvercome

4 Likes

Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by Gooci(m): 3:18pm On Jul 10, 2014
Lilchilz: even some are borehole
nairaland eeeee grin
Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by http(m): 3:32pm On Jul 10, 2014
look like block 8 building
Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by semitunde: 3:37pm On Jul 10, 2014
judyeze1: [size=18pt]are you saying the student burn than the hall over this video , awolowo is no more a hero.. pro independent western nigeria against anti western nigeria independent like tinubu, mike adenuga etc..

video of the independent day of Western Nigeria 15th November 1957

interesting
[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdzZ1Dfl-Dg

Is this musiwa?
Re: Fire Outbreak At Awolowo Hall, OAU University (Pictures) by Janetozi(f): 3:48pm On Jul 10, 2014
This could be another boko haram strategy. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Different People's Reactions On ASUU Calling Off The Strike #yanbaba Meme / What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA / Meet Favour Fabian Chiekezi: The Winner Of ICPC National Essay Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.