Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,137 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

Tribalism In Kannywood - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Tribalism In Kannywood (1955 Views)

Kannywood To Release Its First Science Fiction Movie / India's Bollywood Success To Boost Kannywood For Kano Film City / HAUSA: Finally, Yakubu Muhammad Stars In Kannywood Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribalism In Kannywood by DeepZone: 6:28pm On Oct 08, 2008
Why is kannywood not open to non hausa actors?
Re: Tribalism In Kannywood by dominique(f): 6:47pm On Oct 08, 2008
so theres a name for it :/. to answer your question, if only THEY CAN SPEAK THE LANGUAGE.
Re: Tribalism In Kannywood by Sisikill: 7:16pm On Oct 08, 2008
So many questions. . .

Did you apply and they turned you down?

Can you speak Hausa and they still turned you down?

Does it make sense to hire a non-speaking Hausa person to act in a Hausa movie?

Why don't you take time to reason out your thought before verbalizing?

How much is Seun paying the person with most asinine post on Nairaland?
Re: Tribalism In Kannywood by DeepZone: 9:03pm On Oct 08, 2008
So many questions. . .

Did you apply and they turned you down?

Can you speak Hausa and they still turned you down?

Does it make sense to hire a non-speaking Hausa person to act in a Hausa movie?

Why don't you take time to reason out your thought before verbalizing?

How much is Seun paying the person with most asinine post on Nairaland?

there are so many non yoruba actors in yoruba movies that cannot speak yoruba but rehearsed their parts over and over again and delivered. undecided undecided
Re: Tribalism In Kannywood by Sisikill: 9:15pm On Oct 08, 2008
When you or whoever you sent to do go undercover to find this out, approached the producers, what exactly did they tell you. . . in clear an concise words please. You did some fact checking, right?

Surely you are not taking us on one of your "Because DeepZone thinks, thus it's reality" rides? LOL, I hope not! I mean not even you can be this careless in making a bold statement like "Tribalism in Kannywood" without having something to back it up.

So Spill, we are listening. . . .
Re: Tribalism In Kannywood by doyin13(m): 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2008
where the kanny in 'kannywood' derive from?
Re: Tribalism In Kannywood by DeepZone: 9:25pm On Oct 08, 2008
where the kanny in 'kannywood' derive from?
From kano.
Re: Tribalism In Kannywood by Sisikill: 9:26pm On Oct 08, 2008
Well majority of the actors are from Kano. So. . . Kannywood! I know, I know not the most creative name but hey, after Bollywood and Nollywood. . . where else can we go if not. . .  cheesy
Re: Tribalism In Kannywood by Sisikill: 9:30pm On Oct 08, 2008
Aunty wa, we are waiting oh! I hope you captured it on tape, like they do MSNBC's To catch a predator. Who knows, before we can say Jack Robinson, you'll have your own show and it will be called DeepZone presents - To Catch a Tribalist.

Oh relax DeepZone, the camera won't be on you.
Re: Tribalism In Kannywood by doyin13(m): 9:31pm On Oct 08, 2008
Sisikill, I thought the showbiz train u referenced was the legit Hollywood shikena.

I hope it is not some cheap knock off  tongue tongue
Re: Tribalism In Kannywood by Sisikill: 9:32pm On Oct 08, 2008
Tee hee hee. . . I have no idea what you speak of! grin
Re: Tribalism In Kannywood by Sisikill: 10:55pm On Oct 08, 2008
Sigh

I see DeepZone is not coming back with her “gotcha” evidence. Honestly, I need to work on my self-control isssues. See after reading a dozen of your threads where you fly off the cuff making the most ridiculous statements without proof or anything, I promised myself I would ignore you and just go my merry way but sometimes. . . celebrated ignorance is hard to ignore.

Let’s see what we have here. . .

First, without any type of supporting evidence, you say Kannywood is Tribalist, as if that wasn’t enough. . . you say they can coach someone over and over and over again to nail the part. Tell me, do you live in the same reality as the rest of us? Critics of Nigerian movies are still complaining that they take very little time to make their movies. . . and these are the same people you expect to take time and coach someone  to speak the language because God forbid they hire an actor who does not need coaching because he can. . . you know speak the language, they run the risk of being at the receiving end of a tribalism seeking ninny's ire.

Secondly, most of these movies are shot in the North but no . . . don’t put that into consideration, Let them fly someone from the south or east to play the part because fear of being labeled “tribalistic” Moviemakers keeps them from using someone who is right there. Oh don’t forget they are also going to include the “Learning the Language” time period in the shooting schedule.

Third, the way you carry on. . . one would think Hausa homevidoes are the only homevideos targeted at a particular tribe. Oh wait a sec, I think I may have misread this thread. . . what you are really saying is it’s okay for Yorubas  and Igbo to have their own movies, is that right? Why am I even asking, knowing you. . . that’s probably what you are thinking. I bet you almost had a heart attack when you found out the Abokis gbon pa e enough to make movies. Did it offend your tribalistic sensibility? Awww, you poor thing. . . that’s what happens when you refuse to broaden your horizon and burying your head in the sand.

Finally, Aunty wa, off the top of your head. . . can you name 3 Hausa Actors who have been in Yoruba movies and another 3 who have been Igbo movies. This I will patiently wait for.

Do you see why I asked if you take time to reason out your thoughts before putting them out there? It’s was not an easy thing to do but I’ve managed to talk myself into believing that if you sit down, think outside the umbrella of tribalism, there is a chance something logical can come from you. . . it might not be up to 30% but at least enough to start a dialogue where the other person isn’t wondering how it all went so wrong.

Have to go to bed now. . . but here’s  li’l sumin’ sumin’ for you to sink your teeth into.

Omotola dazzles in Hamza, her first Hausa film

PS
NO! NO! That is not a cardboard cutout of Omotola nor is it a hologram. . . it is really her and NO she isn’t part Hausa.

Re: Tribalism In Kannywood by doyin13(m): 9:24pm On Oct 09, 2008
Sisikill:

Sigh

I see DeepZone is not coming back with her “gotcha” evidence. Honestly, I need to work on my self-control isssues. See after reading a dozen of your threads where you fly off the cuff making the most ridiculous statements without proof or anything, I promised myself I would ignore you and just go my merry way but sometimes. . . celebrated ignorance is hard to ignore.

First, without any type of supporting evidence, you say Kannywood is Tribalist, as if that wasn’t enough. . . you say they can coach someone over and over and over again to nail the part. Tell me, do you live in the same reality as the rest of us? Critics of Nigerian movies are still complaining that they take very little time to make their movies. . . and these are the same people you expect to take time and coach someone  to speak the language because God forbid they hire an actor who does not need coaching because he can. . . you know speak the language, they run the risk of being at the receiving end of a tribalism seeking ninny's ire.

Secondly, most of these movies are shot in the North but no . . . don’t put that into consideration, Let them fly someone from the south or east to play the part because fear of being labeled “tribalistic” Moviemakers keeps them from using someone who is right there. Oh don’t forget they are also going to include the “Learning the Language” time period in the shooting schedule.

Third, the way you carry on. . . one would think Hausa homevidoes are the only homevideos targeted at a particular tribe. Oh wait a sec, I think I may have misread this thread. . . what you are really saying is it’s okay for Yorubas  and Igbo to have their own movies, is that right? Why am I even asking, knowing you. . . that’s probably what you are thinking. I bet you almost had a heart attack when you found out the Abokis gbon pa e enough to make movies. Did it offend your tribalistic sensibility? Awww, you poor thing. . . that’s what happens when you refuse to broaden your horizon and burying your head in the sand.

Finally, Aunty wa, off the top of your head. . . can you name 3 Hausa Actors who have been in Yoruba movies and another 3 who have been Igbo movies. This I will patiently wait for.

Do you see why I asked if you take time to reason out your thoughts before putting them out there? It’s was not an easy thing to do but I’ve managed to talk myself into believing that if you sit down, think outside the umbrella of tribalism, there is a chance something logical can come from you. . . it might not be up to 30% but at least enough to start a dialogue where the other person isn’t wondering how it all went so wrong.

Have to go to bed now. . . but here’s  li’l sumin’ sumin’ for you to sink your teeth into.

PS
NO! NO! That is not a cardboard cutout of Omotola nor is it a hologram. . . it is really her and NO she isn’t part Hausa.

O boy. . . .

This is THE treatise on tribalism.

It must be bound in termite resisting leather. . . .

Placed in the hallowed halls of Nairaland Parliament with any amendments subjected
to the rigours of the American Capitol
Re: Tribalism In Kannywood by Sisikill: 11:59pm On Oct 09, 2008
Rotflmao! Doyin. . . I don't know what to say to you!! grin grin grin
Re: Tribalism In Kannywood by spikedcylinder: 11:45am On Oct 10, 2008
Sisikill:

Sigh

PS

Deepzone, where art thou? grin grin

In other news, you two should get a room will ya? tongue

(1) (Reply)

National Film And Video Censors Board Bans Dangerous Men / Nollywood Talent Hunt Show 2012 / Best Site To Download Tv Series *no Ads*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.