Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger (4848 Views)

Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. / Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger / Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by OliliBob: 12:45pm On Jul 10, 2014
I have come across different messenger apps all across the internet, Google playstore and Apple's app store but I must say there is none like Telegram so I decided to write about it to you guys, so you can experience it for your self.

What is Telegram?
Telegram is a messaging app that is easy to use, fast, and also is free for life unlike whatsapp whose free verson has limitations and to have access to the full version you need to pay $0.99.

How does It work?
Telegram is supercool, with alot of Amazing features. With Telegram you can shares videos of up to 1GB with friends, you can also create a group chat with up to 200 friends, That is what I call maximum connectivity. You can also send photos as well as audios in an instant. Since all messages are in the cloud you can easily access your messages from any android or iOS device.

Why Should I Choose Telegram?
I have been using Telegram for 3weeks now and I must confess that the user experience has been awesome. For those of you who like Security and Privacy, then Secret chat is for you. Secret chat features an end-to-end encryption which helps make sure that a message is only read by it's intended recipient. You can set a message to self destruct every 5secs which means that every 5 seconds after you send a message, it self destructs, and no one will have a single clue of prove that such conversation took place between you and the recipient. The message cannot also be retrieved which makes it cooler so If someone wanted to use your Conversation as a prove of something, it won't be possible.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Giuo-eW5x28/U7XMImlFLoI/AAAAAAAAO7I/6cfwM9Gw7YU/s1600/screenshot_2014-07-03_2227.png[/img]

Telegram is also fast and offers unlimited cloud storage for all telegram messages and media so you can easily and securely access your messages from multiple devices.
It works with even the weakest mobile connection, it is very fast even with your 2G network. And your messages are compressed to the best minimum byte possible.

Culled from : http://www.lordbnf.com/2014/07/review-telegram-messenger-app-best.html

1 Like

Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by ekitech: 1:15pm On Jul 10, 2014
wow! I dont know that such a powerfull app exist.

Thanks olili for opening my eyes.

Kudos to you.
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by OliliBob: 1:24pm On Jul 10, 2014
ekitech: wow! I dont know that such a powerfull app exist.

Thanks olili for opening my eyes.

Kudos to you.

The App is nice You will Enjoy it. Ha alot of cool features

2 Likes

Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by vowiski(m): 1:26pm On Jul 10, 2014
Wow, I.have.got to test this baby

2 Likes

Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by eunisam: 1:31pm On Jul 10, 2014
does it work on java phone? I can i link my facebook and 2go friends to it? If no,na rubish. #2go4live.
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by ekitech: 1:34pm On Jul 10, 2014
OliliBob:

oops. On time to get it.
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by OliliBob: 1:38pm On Jul 10, 2014
eunisam: does it work on java phone? I can i link my facebook and 2go friends to it? If no,na rubish. #2go4live.

It does not work on java phones and remember I said it's the best alternative to whatsapp messenger not 2go

1 Like

Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 10, 2014
OliliBob:

It does not work on java phones and remember I said it's the best alternative to whatsapp messenger not 2go
ouch!!
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 10, 2014
OliliBob: I have come across different messenger apps all across the internet, Google playstore and Apple's app store but I must say there is none like Telegram so I decided to write about it to you guys, so you can experience it for your self.

What is Telegram?
Telegram is a messaging app that is easy to use, fast, and also is free for life unlike whatsapp whose free verson has limitations and to have access to the full version you need to pay $0.99.

How does It work?
Telegram is supercool, with alot of Amazing features. With Telegram you can shares videos of up to 1GB with friends, you can also create a group chat with up to 200 friends, That is what I call maximum connectivity. You can also send photos as well as audios in an instant. Since all messages are in the cloud you can easily access your messages from any android or iOS device.

Why Should I Choose Telegram?
I have been using Telegram for 3weeks now and I must confess that the user experience has been awesome. For those of you who like Security and Privacy, then Secret chat is for you. Secret chat features an end-to-end encryption which helps make sure that a message is only read by it's intended recipient. You can set a message to self destruct every 5secs which means that every 5 seconds after you send a message, it self destructs, and no one will have a single clue of prove that such conversation took place between you and the recipient. The message cannot also be retrieved which makes it cooler so If someone wanted to use your Conversation as a prove of something, it won't be possible.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Giuo-eW5x28/U7XMImlFLoI/AAAAAAAAO7I/6cfwM9Gw7YU/s1600/screenshot_2014-07-03_2227.png[/img]

Telegram is also fast and offers unlimited cloud storage for all telegram messages and media so you can easily and securely access your messages from multiple devices.
It works with even the weakest mobile connection, it is very fast even with your 2G network. And your messages are compressed to the best minimum byte possible.

Culled from : http://www.lordbnf.com/2014/07/review-telegram-messenger-app-best.html
does it work with data?especially the Airtel whatsapp bundle
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by blueheart(m): 5:24pm On Jul 10, 2014
Coded tinz cool
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 10, 2014
hw much data does it take to download it? *my airtel megabite is running down fast lyk AMERICAN J5* angry
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by gingger(m): 6:06pm On Jul 10, 2014
#teamwhatsapp
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by Koolmexxi(m): 9:06pm On Jul 10, 2014
If no b whatsapp, e no fit b whatsapp.
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by DaBozz(m): 9:28pm On Jul 10, 2014
Hearing this App for the first time.

1 Like

Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by Blackchampion(m): 9:42pm On Jul 10, 2014
DaBozz: Hearing this App for the first time.
Me too. Though everything has its 1st time
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by Badmushazan: 10:56pm On Jul 10, 2014
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by Psalmpy(m): 11:20pm On Jul 10, 2014
make I quickly. go download am jare hope say hot babes go they there sha
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by coolest01(m): 11:36pm On Jul 10, 2014
Nice features
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by biz2get(m): 11:46pm On Jul 10, 2014
I cant really remember payin whatapps $0.99 all my years of using it...
or have yuu
Whatsapp is free if yuu ask mev angry grin

1 Like

Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by alotofgrace(m): 12:35am On Jul 11, 2014
and also is free for life unlike whatsapp whose free verson has limitations and to have access to the full version you need to pay $0.99.

Have u ever paid for whatsapp b4?
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by Aizebioje(m): 12:46am On Jul 11, 2014
eunisam: does it work on java phone? I can i link my facebook and 2go friends to it? If no,na rubish. #2go4live.
I take it you're still in secondary school. 2go is great for your type. I know because my lil bro has a lotta 2go accounts

4 Likes

Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by Aizebioje(m): 12:47am On Jul 11, 2014
mrvocalprowess: ouch!!
You can say that again!!! 2go... Pffffft
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by simdam500(m): 3:41am On Jul 11, 2014
Psalmpy: make I quickly. go download am jare hope say hot babes go they there sha

See his head wink
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 11, 2014
Is it cross platform like the Whatsapp? As in not restricted kind of?
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by Mrguru(m): 7:46am On Jul 11, 2014
Wow... That would be a great app... smiley
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 11, 2014
Yomieluv: Is it cross platform like the Whatsapp? As in not restricted kind of?
dunno why the Op is comparing this android app with whatsapp. Whatsapp works on almost all devices, from BB to Android& even Nokia, and its FREE.
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by Kk4(m): 8:13am On Jul 11, 2014
Does it work on BB and Iphone? If no, then it is still a learner tunu.
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by Psalmpy(m): 8:25am On Jul 11, 2014
simdam500:

See his head wink
weytin do ur conical head
u beta go reshape....
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by ctrlunlimited: 8:53am On Jul 11, 2014
OliliBob:

OP is it on bb??cos av searchd app world n can't seem 2 find it o.
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 11, 2014
It looks exactly like whatsapp but have more features. But all in all its a very great app
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by washburn(m): 10:46am On Jul 11, 2014
looks much like whatsapp.... some of these cool features might be incorporated into whatsapp+ soon
Re: Telegram Messenger App, The Best Alternative To Whatsapp Messenger by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 11, 2014
Brother, whatsapp yaf do me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Transsion Phones Are Cursed / How To Change Your Game/application Screen Size With Your Symbian Phone / Is MTN Family And Friends Prepaid Plan Still Effective In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.