Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,723 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

Taking Over(a Play) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Taking Over(a Play) (4139 Views)

ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) / Just Wedded...a Play / Story: Taking Chances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taking Over(a Play) by Dorisbest(f): 1:11pm On Jul 10, 2014
After loosing my story,(behold the jewel of my heart) have decided to come up with this play.
Pls ur comment and criticism will be highly welcome. Thanks.
This fiction is strictly the work of Dorisbest so, piracy beware.
++++
CHARACTERS IN THE PLAY
JEFFREY -Stella's son
BABRA -Katerina's foster mother.
STELLA -John's wife
BELINDA-Katerina's best friend
KATERINA-Jeffrey fiancee
AMOS -Doctor
PETER -Manager of Macpherson petroleum group of company
ANTHONIA-Peter's permanent secretary
OSCAR -Belinda's boyfriend
JASPER -The king
HANNAH -The queen
EMERALD - Denis's wife
DENIS -Emerald husband
MICHAEL -Belinda's father
BOSE -Belinda's mother
ERNEST -Hannah's son
BRUNO -Emerald spy
other characters will be added as the story unfold. Stay tune
Re: Taking Over(a Play) by Dorisbest(f): 8:07am On Jul 11, 2014
+++ACT 1 -SCENE 1+++
(In Jeffrey's bedroom, sat mr and mrs John Benson)
JOHN- My son...
JEFFREY- Papa
JOHN- I and your mother came to remind you about our discussion, two months ago.
STELLA- You said you were going to introduce to us your bride to be. Have you found one?
JEFFREY- Yes mama. Have found a good girl from a good background.
STELLA- (sigh) Hmm... That is a relief.
JOHN- Whose daughter is she?
JEFFREY- Papa, she is the daughter of Babra, the wife of late mr Damina.
STELLA- Oh...oh. Now I remember, the welder. He was such a nice man. Everyone likes him. I knew you won't make mistake. Her name is Kate...
JEFFREY- [cut in]Katerina
JOHN- (fuming) so, of all the women in this world, is the daughter of a poor welder that you want to marry?
JEFFREY- papa, that daughter of a poor welder is my heartbeat. Is the one I want to marry. I love her. I love her even more than my own life. I love Katerina Damina.
JOHN- (stand) I will never allow that to happen and that is final.
JEFFREY- (stand) Never papa. Have always been obedient to you but this time, am very sorry, you don't have a say. I won't allow you or anyone to jeopardize my fututre with Katerina
JOHN- What future? Both of you have no future of being together. She isn't your class.
JEFFREY- Then who is my class?
JOHN- Belinda Michael. I promise his father that I will merge the two of you And that will bind our political relationship and further...
STELLA- (Protest) No, I won't sit here and watch you bring that spoilt brat into this family. Is marriage politics?
JOHN- (angry) woman...
Re: Taking Over(a Play) by Dorisbest(f): 10:13am On Jul 11, 2014
+++CONTINUATION+++
STELLA- Don't start it, please. We are talking about till death do us part issue and you are comparing it to a tenure of two to four years. I can't believe you are doing this, John. Is there anything wrong with him marrying Katerina apart from class?
JOHN- No, she is a decent girl but...
STELLA- (But in) There is no but. Let them get marry as soon as possible.
JOHN- Is going to ruin my political relationship with Michael.
JEFFREY-father, if I am your true son and you love me, please grant my heart desire. I love her. It takes two good years before she accepted my proposal. I promise her everything. I can bear to betray. She doesn't deserve any of this. She is an exceptionally woman.
JOHN- She is a wolf in sheep clothing. She is only after your money. You need a woman who can assist you financially and not a woman who keeps demanding. I know her type. Slow poison. She is going to wretch your life.
JEFFREY- papa, don't do this to me.
STELLA- So you marry me because of my money?
JOHN- Honey please don't start it. You know I love you. I have...
STELLA- (weep) when I marry you, you had nothing. I introduced you to my family. They accepted you the way you were. They gave you connection. They make you who you are today. So you were after my money, afterall and you want my son to leave his heart desire and go after money?
JOHN- (try to pat her but stella dodge and hug his son) Is not what want you are thinking. I love you. I really do and...
STELLA- (interrupt) Then if you love me as you say and you want me to be happy, make my son happy.
++++CURTAIN FALL++++
Re: Taking Over(a Play) by Dorisbest(f): 10:48am On Jul 11, 2014
(Belinda visit Katerina)
BELINDA- How is your mother's health?
KATERINA- God is taking control.
BELINDA- (cross leg) gist me, babe.
KATERINA- what gist?
BELINDA- You said you have a good news to tell me.
KATERINA- Oh...that. My bad. (she rub her breathtakingly pure golden ring) I'm engage.
BELINDA- Oh my God! (she hug her) who is this lucky dude? You did not even introduce him to me.
KATERINA- I'm sorry, it happen so fast and you know, you were in the state. His name is Jeff
BELINDA- (shock) Is he the Jeff I know?
KATERINA- Do you know J.J. Benson?
BELINDA- (Pretending to be happy for her) offcourse, who doesn't know the son of the minister for science and technology. He was... even my childhood friend.
KATERINA- That is a relieve. I thought you two had something in common.
BELINDA-No, we don't. I don't think he will even remember me again.
KATERINA- Then, let's have a date with him together.
BELINDA- that will be fantastic. (they smile and hug each other)
KATERINA- I'm sweating, let me go and take my bath. (she leave)
BELINDA- (echo) Hurry up, I'm waiting for you.
(As Katerina leaves, she remove Jeffrey's phone number from Katerina's phone)
++++CURTAIN FALL++++
Re: Taking Over(a Play) by uchebest2006(m): 11:00am On Jul 11, 2014
First to comment.Nice one Doris....following!!
Re: Taking Over(a Play) by Dorisbest(f): 12:05pm On Jul 11, 2014
+++ACT 2- SCENE 1+++
(Oscar came back from U.S.A together with Belinda. They had been dating for four years. They sat in Elshadi restaurant licking vanilla ice cream silently)
OSCAR- Belinda (he hold her hand but Belinda remove her hand from the table and frown)
BELINDA- What is it? Why did you bring me here?
OSCAR- Hey calm down. I brought you here to remind you that I love and that, am ready to spend eternity with you.
BELINDA-(gasped) what!
OSCAR- Yes dear, have been trying to reach out to you but you have been ignoring my calls. I don't know what is going on but all I know is that I love you. You are the air that I breath.
BELINDA- you have not arrive at a point yet.
OSCAR- Marry me, Belinda. (he genuflected and bring out a ring)
BELINDA- (stand)This is ridiculous. Please stand. You are embarrassing me. People are watching us.
OSCAR- But I love you.
BELINDA- Stop it. Please sit. Let's talk like mature people.
(they both sit)
BELINDA- Listen to me Oscar, I love you but that doesn't mean I have to end up with someone like you. Whatever we had together was just for fun...
OSCAR- (Surprise)What!
BELINDA- (gather courage) yes, I can't marry you. When I needed you, you were not there for me. You were busy with your so called contract. I need a man who desperately want me not the other way.
OSCAR- I'm sorry, Belinda. The contract was for the benefit of both of us. I want us to live a better life. To build a palace together, where servant will be at our beck and call. You will not suffer. I want you to live a happy life. I want the best for you, Belinda.
BELINDA- (Controlling her emotion) Am sorry, Oscar. You are dreaming. Please wake up and face reality. I will not disgrace my family by marrying you. The fact that the government gave you a scholarship to study abroad doesn't make us to be in the same class. We are world apart.
OSCAR- Belinda, I can't believe you are saying this after everything we share together.
BELINDA- Why are you being so annoying? Which is so hard for you to understand? Is it, I don't want you in my life or we are world apart?
OSCAR- I'm not going to give up on you. I know someone is been advising you.
BELINDA-(Stand) who could that be? I won't sit here and watch you insult me. Excuse me. (she walk out on him)
++++CURTAIN FALL++++
Re: Taking Over(a Play) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 12:27pm On Jul 11, 2014
following...
the story seems to be familiar though .
Re: Taking Over(a Play) by Dorisbest(f): 12:40pm On Jul 11, 2014
uchebest2006: First to comment.Nice one Doris....following!!
tanx 4 d comment. It has really make my day.
Re: Taking Over(a Play) by Dorisbest(f): 12:41pm On Jul 11, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: following...
the story seems to be familiar though .
thanks
Re: Taking Over(a Play) by Dorisbest(f): 6:55pm On Jul 11, 2014
(Katerina login to facebook. Someone request to be her friend. She accept her request and the both start chatting)
ERNEST- (text) what is the meaning of KTA?
KATERINA- (text) Katerina. What about Ernest? Is that your real name?
ERNEST- Yes, Ernest is my real name. I like your name and your profile. You look magnificent.
KATERINA- Thank you.
ERNEST- Check my profile again and see if there is any difference between you and me.
KATERINA- Why?
ERNEST- Please just do it. There is something I saw that makes me request for your friendship.
(katerina check his profile again and try to compare it with herself. Then she sees it. The pot wine mark just her eyebrow. They were both fair in complexion with oblong pretty visage, pink lips, cat-like eyes and a pot wine mark near their eyebrow.)
KATERINA- (confuse) have not seen anything
ERNEST- You are lying. I can feel it. That is why it takes you so long to reply my text.
KATERINA- who are you? What do you want from me?
ERNEST- I am Ernest Jasper. The prince of priceless kingdom.
KATERINA- my mother told me she used to work there.
ERNEST- who is your mother?
KATERINA- her name is Babra Damina.
ERNEST- My mother showed me her picture. She said, she was a nice woman. she was suppose to be our nanny but when my twin sister was kidnapped, she resigned and since then, they never saw her. She kidnapped you. She is not your mother. You are my missing sister. You are princess Agnes.
(After Katerina finish reading the text, tears roll down her face)
KATERINA- (text) this conversation is over. (she sign out)
++++CURTAIN FALL++++

1 Like

Re: Taking Over(a Play) by Dorisbest(f): 2:29pm On Jul 13, 2014
(King Jasper and queen Hannah sat in their court teasing each other)
HANNAH- My king, do you remember one prince charming who fell into stagnant water while pursueing a princess?
JASPER- (chortle) oh... You won but the princess was dying to have the prince. And when the prince stopped chasing her, she wept. She went in searched of the prince and when they found each other, they never leaved each other again.
HANNAH- (smile and give her husband a peck) I love you, my lord.
JASPER- (kiss her lightly) I love you too, my one and only.
(just then, prince Ernest came in)
ERNEST- Sorry to disturb you too. I have something to show you and I believe my guest is as good as yours.
JASPER- (sit up) what is it, son?
ERNEST- (Show them the profile of Katerina) I saw this woman on facebook and we started chatting.
HANNAH- Don't tell you are involve in cyber love.
ERNEST- Hell no, you know how I value our family esteem. Mother, look at this picture again. Is there any difference between us except my masculine figure.
HANNAH- (look again) they first thing I notice when I have birth to the two of you was this birth mark near your eyebrow.
JASPER- Are you sure?
HANNAH- Yes, she is my daughter. How can we find her?
ERNEST- I will figure it out. I saw her number online.
JASPER- Then, invite her to have dinner with us.
HANNAH- No, call her now.
Re: Taking Over(a Play) by noble4d(m): 3:24pm On Jul 13, 2014
hmmm I like it....thumbs up dear.
Re: Taking Over(a Play) by Dorisbest(f): 4:34pm On Jul 13, 2014
ERNEST- (dial Katerina's number) ok mum.
KATERINA- Hello, who is this?
ERNEST- Is me, Ernest. My...
KATERINA- (Cut in) what do you want from me? I'm not your sister. I have a family. People do resemble each other, so leave me alone. (she end the call)
HANNAH- Call her again. Do you know who she is leaving with?
ERNEST- It's Babra, Babra Damina.
JASPER/HANNAH- What!
ERNEST- She kidnapped my only sister and she is going to pay double for her atrocity. (Ernest dail Katerina's phone number again)
HANNAH- (Weep) how could she do such a thing to me? After all have done for her. How could she betray us?
JASPER- (Consoling) we will find her and the able hand of law will judge and put her behind bar.
ERNEST- Mum, is ok. I will do everything in my power to find her. The line is going through.
HANNAH- Let me talk to her.
(Ernest give the phone to her)
KATERINA- Hello, why can't I have peace of mind? why are you haunting me?
HANNAH- Is ok, dear Agnes. Is me, your biological mother.
KATERINA- My what! Why are you people treading on my emotion?
HANNAH- (weeping) please listen to me. Don't end the call.
(the reciever sniff on the other end.
HANNAH- Babra was my best maid. She couldn't have a child of he own because her husband was impotent. When you were kidnapped, she resign and since then, we have not seen her again.
KATERINA- I don't believe any word that you said. Don't even think you can convince me. I love my mother. Whether she kidnapped me or not, I won't allow you people to make her die before her time. She loves me. She care for me. She is...
HANNAH- (Cut in) then, why did she kidnapped you?
KATERINA- she did not kidnapped me, you imposter. (she end the call)
JASPER- (Pat his wife) Is ok, darling. She will come around.
ERNEST- Let's give her something to ruminate about what we have tell her.
HANNAH-(Nod) Is there no way we can trace her?
ERNEST- There is but only if she doesn't stop using the line. Poor sister, may God protect you for us.
++++CURTAIN FALL++++
(Katerina think about everything that was going on in her life. She wasn't ready to give Babra heart attack. All Babra had shown her was love and kindness and she has to reciprocate. Her phone which tingle, jolted her out of her reverie)
KATERINA- Hello Jeff.
JEFFREY- Katerina, I thought we were having a date. Have been waiting for you for the past forty five minute.
KATERINA- Oh... Jeff, am sorry. I was occupied.
JEFFREY- Does that mean you have cancel our date?
KATERINA- NO. Am on my way.
++++CURTAIN FALL++++
Re: Taking Over(a Play) by Dorisbest(f): 4:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
TANZ
noble4d: hmmm I like it....thumbs up dear.
WELCOM ON BOARD.
Re: Taking Over(a Play) by Dorisbest(f): 5:28pm On Jul 13, 2014
+++ACT2 - SCENE II+++
(At Dbest general hospital. Babra is sleeping peaceful as Katerina walk into her ward)
KATERINA- (Thinking) poor woman. I don't know whether what Ernest said is true though have seen the striking resemblance. You will never get to know that have discover the truth about myself. I know you have reason for what you did. And I hope one day you will come up with a tangible reason. (she drop the food flask she came with. As she open the door, Babra open her eyes, her vision blur)
BABRA- Agnes.
KATERINA- (amaze, she perch beside her) Mama.
BABRA- Dear, when did you come?
KATERINA- Few minutes ago. I brought you your favourite food, succotash.
BABRA- Oh my dear, thank you.
(she try to hug her but Katerina bend and give her a warm embrace and a peck)
BABRA- You are welcome.
KATERINA- How is your relationship with Jeff?
KATERINA- Everything is smooth. He introduced me to his parent. His mother really likes me but I saw something on his father's eyes. It seem they force him to accept me. You know how rich people really value class or background.
BABRA- (Touch her cheek) don't worry Agnes. When he knows the kind of lovely angel you are, he will come around. He will accept you into their family and will no longer see you as a gold digger but as a blessing.
KATERINA- (Beam) amen.
BABRA- I wish I could live to see you on the d-day but the doctor said, I have three days to stay alive. This cancer is killing me slowly.
KATERINA- (Tears well-up her face) mama, God knows you are the only one I have . You will not die. You will live to declare the goodness of God.
BABRA- (Wipe the tears off her face) you are not alone, princess Agnes.
KATERINA- Princess Agnes! Mama, you have forgotten my name.
BABRA- No, Katerina. Why should I forget your name. Princess Agnes is your true name. You are not alone, princess. You have a family.
KATERINA-(gasp) what! Mama tell me who am I?
BABRA- It's a long story. When you come back from work, I will brief you. I will give you all the evidence you need to know.
₹₹₹CURTAIN FALL₹₹₹
Re: Taking Over(a Play) by Dorisbest(f): 8:27am On Jul 14, 2014
(Jeffrey is driving when suddenly he sees someone, his class mate in secondary school days. He was the best student in their secondary school days. He stop his car and honk. Oscar turn)
OSCAR- J. J.
JEFFREY-(alight) Hi boy. It's been a long time. (they shake hand)
OSCAR- Man I dey. Shebi you no wan me, naw. You no wan show face for my bonk.
JEFFREY- long time no see. How I take no your bonk? (they shake hand again)
OSCAR- you don change big time.
JEFFREY- (Switch to english accent) let's enter that cafeteria and gist.
§§§ CURTAIN FALL §§§
(Belinda and her mother plan on how to take over Katerina's place)
BELINDA- Mother, am tired of all this. Jeff doesn't love me but Oscar does. Even with the false evidence I have against him, he is not tame. He promise to make life miserable for me if he does't have Katerina. And Katerina is my Bff. I can't bear to betray her. This is getting...
BOSE- (cut in) she is the one betraying you. She took Jeff away from you and she deserve to pay for all this.
BELINDA- But she is innocent. She doesn't know I was betroth to jeff from childhood.
BOSE- that is the more reason you have to tell her the truth. I believe she will understand you.
BELINDA- But I love Oscar. Am even carrying his child.
BOSE- What!
BELINDA- Yes mother. Am six weeks pregnant for Oscar.
BOSE- Does he knows?
Re: Taking Over(a Play) by Dorisbest(f): 6:48am On Jul 15, 2014
I guess this story is too boring. 2 many viewers but no comment
Re: Taking Over(a Play) by uchebest2006(m): 5:44pm On Jul 15, 2014
Doris,Am loving ya story...add more suspense!!
Re: Taking Over(a Play) by Dorisbest(f): 8:20am On Jul 17, 2014
Tanz Uche
Re: Taking Over(a Play) by Dorisbest(f): 8:55am On Jul 17, 2014
+++CONTINUATION+++
BOSE- Does he knows?
BELINDA- No, mother.
BOSE- Good thing he doesn't know and he must not know. You can't have a child for that bastard. He doesn't have background. He has no class. No child from the orphanage will be my son in-law.
BELINDA- So what will I do?
BOSE- you will go straight to Jeff and tell him you are pregnant for him.
BELINDA- What!
BOSE- Do you know the risk I took before marrying your father?
BELINDA- What risk, mother?
BOSE- It was the same case you are having. Your father was betroth to Emerald Denis, the daughter of late professor Mark. Your father is a kind of man who likes enjoying life to the fullest. He kept cheating on her until one fateful day, Emerald got the two of us in bed. And that was the end of their relationship. I took over from Emerald.
BELINDA- That was absurd. How could you do a thing like that?
BOSE- That is because, I was smarter than her. My dear, this world is the survival of the fittest.
BOSE- So father is cheating on you and you are not doing anything about it.
BOSE-What do you expect me to do? He is free to do whatever he likes so far he is taking care of me.
BELINDA- But I don't want to be like you. I want to marry a man who loves me and just me alone.
BOSE- That is fairytale. Such love doesn't exist. It is just a mere word that men used to deceive women. All men are cheater.
BELINDA- But Oscar never cheat on me.
BOSE- That is because he is careful. Do you know what he is doing right now? No, you don't. It is only the back that deceive people. Men can never be trusted.
~~~~CURTAIN FALL~~~~
Re: Taking Over(a Play) by Hussynah(f): 11:20am On Jul 17, 2014
Nyc story line pls am waiting 4 d nxt update
Re: Taking Over(a Play) by Dorisbest(f): 3:01pm On Jul 17, 2014
Thanks
Hussynah: Nyc story line pls am waiting 4 d nxt update
welcome on board
Re: Taking Over(a Play) by Joyicy(f): 4:47pm On Jul 17, 2014
Lovely story, anxiously waiting for d next update, kip it up
Re: Taking Over(a Play) by Dorisbest(f): 7:14am On Jul 18, 2014
Tanz, Joy
Joyicy: Lovely story, anxiously waiting for d next update, kip it up
Re: Taking Over(a Play) by Dorisbest(f): 8:04am On Jul 18, 2014
(Anthonia finish arranging everything in her office. Immediately she sat down, her telephone ring. She pick the call)
ANTHONIA- Hello sir
PETER- Tell kate to see me right now.
ANTHONIA- she has not yet arrive.
(the call ended. Just then Katerina walk into the office she share with Anthonia)
KATERINA- Good morning Anthonia.
ANTHONIA-what time is this?
KATERINA- 8:30
ANTHONIA- So you think because you are sleeping with the boss, means you can do whatever you like.
KATERINA- Mind what you are saying.
ANTHONIA- (Stand) what do you think you can do? Beat me up? Hell no. Who do you think you are?
KATERINA- I am Katerina Damina and the best I can be is being Katerina Damina.
KATERINA- (furious) You won't get away with this insult, prostitute.
KATERINA- (Raise her two hands up ward) thank God you have tell me who you are. I knew you were sleeping from one boss office to another but I never knew you could foolishly admit it before me, looser.
ANTHONIA- You will pay for this insult. I will make sure you loose this job.
KATERINA- And who care about this damn job. Do you think I worship money like you. I know you Tonia, if money were to be pluck off on trees, you couldn't mind marrying a monkey. (she hiss)
(Anthonia walk menacingly toward her. As she want to slap her, Katerina grap her hand. Anthonia's phone ring)
KATERINA- Don't ever dare me. (she let go of her)
(Anthonia stare at her with indignation and then walk to the table and pick the call)
ANTHONIA- Hello sir
PETER- Didn't you want to pick my call.
ANTHONIA- Am sorry sir, I was in the lavatory.
PETER- Has Kate arrive?
ANTHONIA- Yes sir. She is right here.
PETER- Give the phone to her.
(she gives the phone to Katerina but she ignore her and barge into Peter's office)
KATERINA- Sir, you sent for me.
PETER- Oh, take a pew. (katerina sit) Katerina, I heard what happen. Accept my sympathy.
KATERINA- What happen?
PETER- I mean what Belinda and Jeff are up to.
KATERINA-What are they up to?
PETER- (give her picture of Belinda and Jeffrey kissing each other) I told you, I know who Jeff is. He is going to use and dumb you.
KATERINA- Sir, Is this the reason why you call me? You of all people know that this picture is not authentic. It has been computerize. And why are you even venturing into my private life?
PETER- That is because I love you.
KATERINA- But I don't love you and you should try to understand that.
PETER- I understand that you will come to see the truth and love me one day. Please Katerina, marry me (he genuflected) and I will give you this world.
KATERINA- My love is not for sale, peter. You will always be my friend. Have been thinking, if I keep on working here, you will keep on loving me, so have decided to tender my resignation. (she brought out an envelop)
PETER- you can't do this, Katerina. I promise I won't bring up this topic anymore.
KATERINA- Am sorry Peter. Have already made up my mind. (she drop the resignation letter on his table and leaves. As she comes out, Anthonia is busy typing)
KATERINA- (hiss) you can shove this job for all I care, looser. (Anthonia become dumbfounded)
¤¤¤¤CURTAIN FALL¤¤¤¤

1 Like

Re: Taking Over(a Play) by Dorisbest(f): 7:30pm On Jul 27, 2014
(Jeffrey and Oscar in the cafeteria)
JEFFREY- When did you come back from the state?
OSCAR- Two months ago.
JEFFREY- And you don't even care to visit me.
OSCAR- Man is not like that. Have been very busy. You know am an engineer. I won a contract worth millions of naira to rebuild the bridge at Destiny Island street. It collapse three months ago.
JEFFREY- (Toast their wine) you are a lucky dude. Your woman will be proud of you.
OSCAR- I pray so. I guess you are married with kids.
JEFFREY- No, my wedding is coming in two months. Thank goodness I meet you. You are going to be my best man.
OSCAR- Am honour.
JEFFREY- (Sigh) But there is a problem. There is a girl my parent said we were betroth to each other. She is the only obstacle to my marriage to the woman I love. I went out on a date with her and the next thing I remember is that I woke up on the same bed with her.
OSCAR- What!
JEFFREY- She set me up. I guess she slip something on my drink. I don't take alcohol. The wine I took was none alcoholic.
OSCAR- Are you sure you have not touch her. If not, she will use it against you.
JEFFREY- I don't know. I was unconscious. Have been celibating for more than five years now. If I did anything with Belinda, I could...
OSCAR- (wine choke him. He cough) Be...lin...da...
JEFFREY- Do you know her?
OSCAR- (stammer) Yes...no...the name sound familiar.
§§§ CURTAIN FALL §§§

1 Like

Re: Taking Over(a Play) by Dorisbest(f): 10:21am On Jul 28, 2014
ACT 2- SCENE 3
~
(katerina at Dbest general hospital)
KATERINA- Mama how are you today?
BABRA- (wheeze) God is taking control. Are you not going to work today?
KATERINA- Ah! I forgot to tell you that I resign.
BABRA- Why?
KATERINA- It's peter again. You know my story with Peter. I make a huge mistake by accepting his job offer.
BABRA- What has he done this time?
KATERINA- He is asking for my hand in marriage when he knows am engage to Jeff and our wedding is around the corner. I had to resign to avoid complication.
BARRA- (pat her back) you have taken a good step of faith by resigning. You will have another job again. After all, you are royalty and a princess always have everything at her beck and call.
KATERINA- (beam and touch her hand) you have not tell me the story of Princess Agnes.
BABRA- That is the more reason I needed you her. You need to know the truth so that when I die, you won't be lonely.
KATERINA- Am listening mother.
BABRA- Your problem started the day you were born into this world. Your father, King Jasper Eunuch of Priceless kingdom had an affair with one miss Emerald but when your mother came into the picture, he changes his mind and married Hannah. Emerald threatened fire and brimstone. She said she could revenge. And that day, you and Ernest were born, I overheard Nora, one of the maids talking to someone on the phone. I manage to eavesdropped. When I heard what they were planning to do, I had to change your brother's cloth to your and vice versa.
<<<<CURTAIN FALL>>>>

1 Like

Re: Taking Over(a Play) by uchebest2006(m): 10:50am On Jul 28, 2014
Nice one doris.....!!
So the kingdom hv started using fone then?
Re: Taking Over(a Play) by Dorisbest(f): 1:11pm On Jul 28, 2014
It been a while I hear from you
uchebest2006: Nice one doris.....!!
So the kingdom hv started using fone then?
yep.
Re: Taking Over(a Play) by Dorisbest(f): 10:35am On Jul 29, 2014
(Belinda and Jeffrey at Bose's restaurant)
BELINDA- Why did you keep me waiting?
JEFFREY- (adjust the chair and sit) say what you want to say or I walk out.
BELINDA- Waiter.
WAITER-(approach them) Madam
BELINDA- Give my fiance whatever he want and...
JEFFREY- (cut in) And then drug me. It won't work for you this time.
BELINDA- (blush) Excuse us, Mr man. (The waiter leaves) I'm sorry for what happen that day. Believe me Jeff, I did not drugged you. Why should I do a thing like that to you. The wine you took that day was alcoholic.
JEFFREY- Are you through? (Belinda nodded) Tell me what a desperate woman cannot do?
BELINDA- I beg your pardon.
JEFFREY- You are very good at confabulating story. Why didn't you read mass communication, so you can lie to your readers instead of studying medicine and surgery. You are such a waste.
BELINDA- What type of monster are you? Don't you have any dignity left in you?
JEFFREY- Am a monster who hate you to the core. And you asking me about dignity left in me. What right do you have to ask me such silly question? What dignity is there in seducing a gentleman who has been celibating for more than five years. (Belinda gasped) you are such a cheap girl. After flirting to your satisfaction, now you are looking for a husband. Am not cheap. Am for Katerina and only Katerina will I give my heart to and not someone who had tour the whole U.S.A.
(Belinda slap him)
CURTAIN FALL

1 Like

Re: Taking Over(a Play) by Dorisbest(f): 11:28am On Aug 02, 2014
(At Dbest general)
KATERINA- Why did you do that?
BABRA- I did it for the kingdom. Too many chieves were secretly aspiring for your father's throne. Without the heir apparent to the throne, there could have been chaos. I hid your brother and then planted a survilliance camera. After they might have kidnapped you. I followed them until I reached their meeting point. That was when I saw Emerald, the master mind behind the crime. She told Nora to kill you and left. You were so beautiful and innocent. She couldn't bring herself to kill you. She dropped you at Blessed Trinity Orphanage gate. I picked you up and raised you.
KATERINA- (weep into Babra's arm) Oh mother. Thank you for giving me a second chance in life. I can't imagine life in the orphanage.
BABRA- I was supposed to return you to your parent when all the problems were over but due to the fact that my late husband could not put me in the family way, I had to keep you. I hope you understand and forgive us. You were like a prayer answer to us.
KATERINA-Mother, you did the right thing. Who knows, I couldn't have become the woman I am today if I had grown up with my family. Considering how arrogant royalties are. You discipline me. You raise me up with the fear of the lord and am very grateful.
BABRA- (hug Katerina) Thank you for your understanding. Go to my room. Under my bed, you will see a box. It content the video of everything that happened that fateful day. The address of your parent and that of Emerald is in the box.
KATERINA- Mother, what happen to Nora? Is she still serving my parent?
BABRA- God revenge for you. She died after giving birth to her first child, Alberta.
KATERINA- poor girl. Where is she now?
BABRA- Your father adopted her. No one knows who her father is.
CURTAIN FALL
Re: Taking Over(a Play) by Dorisbest(f): 10:20pm On Aug 22, 2014
(Belinda and Jeffrey at Boses restaurant)
JEFFREY- (hold his cheek) Don't you ever dare me again. Am not a woman beater, if not, only God knows what I could have done to you. (he squeeze her hand)
BELINDA- (groan in pain) Stop it Jeff. You are hurting me.
JEFFREY- (let go of her hand) That is for underestimating me. Now drop the bomb. Am getting out of here.
BELINDA- (angry) Fine, if that is how you want it. Am pregnant Jeff. Am carrying your child.
(Jeffrey slap her. Costumers turn and watch the scene in amusement)
JEFFREY- I knew it. I knew this was your plan, to ruin my relationship. I will never, ever have anything to do with a prostitute like you. (he walk out)
(Tears roll down Belinda's face as she watch him exit the restaurant. As she left, waitress and waiter gather and gossip)
CURTAIN FALL
ACT 3- SCENE 1
(At Emerald home. Denis barge into the sitting room and startle Emerald who had slept off while waiting for him last night)
EMERALD- (rub her blurry eyes with the back of her hand) Oh Denis! You are back.
DENIS- (growl) let me have my breakfast
EMERALD- Oh! Give me few minutes. The table will be set.
DENIS- What! Have you lost your senses? (Emerald tremble) Of what use are you to me? You cannot give me an offspring yet you cannot prepare my breakfast. You are so useless. Barren woman.(he hiss. As he walk toward Emerald, she slap him)
EMERALD- (sob) How dare you say that to me? Am not barren. Am I? Are you not the one who asked me to do family planning because you weren't ready to have a child yet. And how many babies have I aborted because of you. Just to prove that I love you. And now you want to me to bear the burden alone by neglecting me. You are such an ingrate.
(hold his cheek) you slap me, Emerald. You are leaving this house right now.
EMERALD- You rather leave because I own this house.
DENIS- So be it. Am leaving this God forsaking house for you. Am sick and tired of your presence. (he try to leave but Emerald grab his shirt)
EMERALD- (sob) you cannot leave me like this. You did this to me. How do you expect me to survive alone? You are my only family.
DENIS- (growl) I don't care.
EMERALD- How are you going to do without me?
DENIS- What do you mean?
EMERALD- Have frozen your account and rewrite my will. Everything I have now will belong to the orphanage except have seen the son of my Youth.
DENIS- (gasp) What!
EMERALD- Yes Denis, I know you are planning to steal from me.
CURTAIN FALL

(1) (2) (Reply)

Humans / Impregnate Me Or I Die (episode 8) / S*x As She Taught Me…..(18+)…..part 1 Completed Story.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.