Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians - Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adverts / LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians (12224 Views)

Airconditioning Deal / Lg Electronics Trade Fair Promo / Free Ebook: 197 Cash Pumping Opportunities For Average Nigerians. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by tokaiki: 11:06pm On Jul 10, 2014
Korean Technology Company, LG Electronics (LG), says it has released the latest Residential Air Conditioning (RAC) system designed specifically to meet the peculiarities of the Nigerian market. The LG GEN COOL Inverter V AC meets the demands of customers who want to use air conditioners in Nigeria with small capacity generators. It comes with benefits ranging from Affordability: Average of 75 percent generator size reduced with Gen mode; Energy Efficiency: save running cost by maximum of 40 percent through LG advanced inverter V technology as well as Durability: LVS, AVS & PCB up to 450 V (Stronger and wider protection). Unlike the conventional AC (ON/OFF types) which requires big size generator to start AC due to high start-up electric power where 1HP AC needs 1.5 KVA generators, 1.5 HP requires 1.7KVA and 2HP needs 2.2KVA. LG GEN COOL Inverter V AC can be started with smaller generator due to LG inverter technology.

The LG Gen Cool Inverter V Air Conditioner comes with the GEN Mode which allows for the use of small capacity generator in areas where electric supply is insufficient eliminating the need for large generator. Easy and convenient, the GEN Mode works by minimizing startup electric requirements, according to the company. For customers who desire to use AC with lower capacity than above mentioned generator types, they can choose Gen- Mode on remote control (1HP- 0.9KVA; 1.5HP- 1.1KVA; 2.0HP- 1.5KVA); but in the case of Gen-Mode, the power performance goes down by around 30 percent. Speaking at the event, at the weekend, Deog Jun Kim, managing director, LG Electronics West Africa operations, said: “Going with our notion of Africa at heart we introduced products with local relevance. Starting with Plasma, Titan AVS, Mosquito Away air-conditioners and our latest energy-efficient solution, the GEN COOL Inverter V AC, which allows 1HP AC to run on small capacity generators of 0.9 KVA with Gen Mode.

This air conditioner comes with Eco-friendly refrigerant -R410A”. LG’s innovative product performs reliably regardless of electricity supply issues or extreme outdoor temperatures. Incredibly durable, the air conditioner features an upgraded power circuit board (PCB) and corrosion-resistant technologies that ensure greater operational longevity. Importantly, the GEN COOL Inverter V provides the strong and dependable cooling needed to keep Nigerian consumers comfortable year-around. LG will continue to meet the needs of the African RAC market with a comprehensive range of residential solutions.” 

Unlike many other residential air conditioners, the GEN COOL Inverter V works well when powered by a small capacity generator. The GEN Mode, which utilizes LG’s inverter Hz control technology, reduces the voltage necessary for startup and reliable operation. As a result, the GEN COOL Inverter V is able to run on 60 to 70 percent less electricity than most conventional models. LG’s new RAC solution for Nigeria combines excellent functionality with dependability and rugged durability. An upgraded power circuit board (PCB) is responsible for the air conditioners wide 145V to 350V operational range. It also enables the GEN COOL to cope with power surges of up to 500V. Meanwhile, the double powder coating and Platinum Fin protect the compressor from wear and corrosion, which in turn contributes to greater operational longevity. 

Also speaking at the event, Mohammed Fouani, managing director, Fouani Nigeria Limited, said: “Customers who value durability, stability and powerful performance will find the LG GEN COOL Inverter V as the perfect addition to their apartments. The air conditioner reduces indoor temperatures fast; sending out a large volume of 18 degrees Celsius airflow for 30 minutes. 

“The GEN Mode allows the air conditioner to operate effectively when powered by a small capacity generator, even at a capacity as low as 2KVA. Effective at combating the relentless Nigerian heat, the tremendous cooling capabilities of the GEN COOL Inverter V deliver supreme comfort.  “With the Jet Cool function activated LG’s RAC sends out a cool blast of 18 degrees Celsius airflow for a period of 30 minutes; drastically reducing the indoor temperature in almost no time at all"

Culled from Business Day

Life is Good indeed!!!

2 Likes

Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by Flexskillz(m): 12:30am On Jul 11, 2014
How much does it cost?

5 Likes

Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by itsik(m): 2:40am On Jul 11, 2014
Nice one there
Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by Nobody: 3:58am On Jul 11, 2014
This is a poor writeup. I get the basic premise, but did the writer have to keep repeating the same thing over and over? It's not by force to have long copy.

Nice innovation though. Also, I'm not sure a normal 2.2 kva generator can carry a 1 hp ac without causing long term problems to the generator, not to talk of the 1.5 kva mentioned here.

5 Likes

Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by 175(m): 5:36am On Jul 11, 2014
My ipass my neighbor gen fit carry am so?

If yes, then my neighbor don enter anoda one chance!

Secondly, gf is in for a nyc time!

4 Likes

Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by Denn(m): 6:43am On Jul 11, 2014
freedomlast: This is a poor writeup. I get the basic premise, but did the writer have to keep repeating the same thing over and over? It's not by force to have long copy.

Nice innovation though. Also, I'm not sure a normal 2.2 kva generator can carry a 1 hp ac without causing long term problems to the generator, not to talk of the 1.5 kva mentioned here.

You are right. It's a shoddy write up.

But I think the basis of the new AC is that gen mode allows for low power source not causing issues.
Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by LagosBoi2(m): 7:49am On Jul 11, 2014
I don't understand the story, my question is will i be able to use it with '' I pass my neighbor gen?''

2 Likes

Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by Chukyjunior(m): 7:54am On Jul 11, 2014
In my opinion, this write-up is incomplete...you tell us all the things the AC can/cannot do and yet you fail to inform us of the cost of this unit. Even if you didn't have that info at the time you were writing this piece, you should have at least stated same because this is a naturally nagging question that will be in the minds of all readers.

Secondly, you got this information from somewhere, unless you are the brands distribution manager of LG. Why not quote the source so we can follow up with more research if we are interested. This is meant to be "actionable news" but your mode of informing us has successfully converted it to "waka pass news"... Nice attempt ultimately though.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by Kk4(m): 8:00am On Jul 11, 2014
Baba haba. Can't you just categorically state the AC capabilities and the kind of gen that can power the AC. An average Nigerian don't have time for celsius and numbers tunu. Biko how much is it!?

2 Likes

Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by tokaiki: 8:16am On Jul 11, 2014
freedomlast: This is a poor writeup. I get the basic premise, but did the writer have to keep repeating the same thing over and over? It's not by force to have long copy.

It was culled from business day. I have done some editing and made some corrections. Thanks.
Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by dridowu: 9:41am On Jul 11, 2014
Flexskillz: How much does it cost?
$1
Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by tokaiki: 11:38am On Jul 11, 2014
Chukyjunior: In my opinion, this write-up is incomplete...you tell us all the things the AC can/cannot do and yet you fail to inform us of the cost of this unit. Even if you didn't have that info at the time you were writing this piece, you should have at least stated same because this is a naturally nagging question that will be in the minds of all readers.

Secondly, you got this information from somewhere, unless you are the brands distribution manager of LG. Why not quote the source so we can follow up with more research if we are interested. This is meant to be "actionable news" but your mode of informing us has successfully converted it to "waka pass news"... Nice attempt ultimately though.

Cheers.

The price was not stated. I'll advice anyone interested to visit any of LG showrooms nationwide.
Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by laivwire(m): 1:21pm On Jul 11, 2014
Get me an ac that runs when theres no light and I'll buy sharperly. Nice invention tho
Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by EnterPRO: 2:21pm On Jul 11, 2014
laivwire: Get me an ac that runs when theres no light and I'll buy sharperly. Nice invention tho

interestingly, solar powered ACs actually exist !
Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by chimexdnice1(m): 1:49am On Aug 09, 2014
Am so getting mine!
Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by Nobody: 5:50am On Aug 09, 2014
EnterPRO:

interestingly, solar powered ACs actually exist !

Tell us more...
Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by gbodimowo(m): 2:03am On Sep 26, 2014
The price is not online you can only get it by going to the shop
Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by all4gud(m): 4:49am On Sep 26, 2014
The AC is non sense. I bought it a month ago; N82k with installation cost. It is not as good as the conventional one. The gas leaks all the times. Don't go there! kiss
Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by lilmonnie(m): 7:52am On Oct 10, 2014
all4gud:
The AC is non sense. I bought it a month ago; N82k with installation cost. It is not as good as the conventional one. The gas leaks all the times. Don't go there! kiss

I think i have the same issue, the first month after i bought and installed mine, i noticed it was cooling fine and fast but recently it takes extremely long to cool, that is if its even cooling at all...
please did u get a permanent solution to the issue and how did u go about it... thanks
Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by obua: 8:56am On Oct 10, 2014
If it leaks its probably due to poor installation. I always believed that split ac are not user friendly due to bad experiences I had. I had an experienced technician install some for me since 2009 and I have not had reason to regas them since them. Look for well recommended installers.
Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by all4gud(m): 2:56am On Oct 25, 2014
lilmonnie:

I think i have the same issue, the first month after i bought and installed mine, i noticed it was cooling fine and fast but recently it takes extremely long to cool, that is if its even cooling at all...
please did u get a permanent solution to the issue and how did u go about it... thanks

I reported to them. They sent their technician. But, there is no significant change my brother . There are just deceiving people
Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by seyema(m): 10:40pm On Jan 23, 2015
Pls, which air conditioner brand can u recommend any day anytime and why?
Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by nylawal(m): 8:56pm On Mar 26, 2015
If u used the LG technicians for installation, you ate covered with warranty. 1 year I think. I. Got mine and didn't use their technician and I had d leakage of gas issue that's wen I knew d gas has leaked. The ac tools are a bit different because d gas is different. I had to go n take at their Wuse 2 office where I bought, initially they were adamant to refill d gas but later bulged.

This inverter V ac needs not be advertised, it would advertise itself from the users like me. I bought a 1HP type about four months ago and my 2.5KVa Gen powers it just like a tv set. Its unbelievable in d speed of cooling. I bought it for 65k or thereabout just like about 15k above their normal ac but I can tell u it has already offset d bill.it doesn't really tell on my power consumption. Energy conservation at its best.
Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
@nylawal I bought this AC 2weeks ago, It doesnt cool properly, did u get a lasting solution to yours, how is the perfomance?
Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by nylawal(m): 11:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
theodoreelisha:
@nylawal I bought this AC 2weeks ago, It doesnt cool properly, did u get a lasting solution to yours, how is the perfomance?

Yes after d refill it has been working well. But like I said the installer matters, even some of d LG guys maybe careless because d tools for fitting this ac are very different from d normal one.

If u av used paid for installation by d LG people then you shd call them to lay your comaint. They were quite courteous and when they dis mine. They sent me their toll free line 08098115454 (never called d line sha, never called a toll free line in Naija).u can also just walk into the shop wia it was purchased wit ur receipt RO complain.

Let's av ur feedback

Cheers
Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by martyns303(m): 7:28am On Jun 20, 2015
nylawal:

Yes after d refill it has been working well. But like I said the installer matters, even some of d LG guys maybe careless because d tools for fitting this ac are very different from d normal one.

If u av used paid for installation by d LG people then you shd call them to lay your comaint. They were quite courteous and when they dis mine. They sent me their toll free line 08098115454 (never called d line sha, never called a toll free line in Naija).u can also just walk into the shop wia it was purchased wit ur receipt RO complain.

Let's av ur feedback

Cheers

Please I have been using my 2.5kva to power LG 1.5HP AC, it says low voltage starter on the AC, is it advisable?
Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by nylawal(m): 10:22am On Jun 30, 2015
martyns303:

Please I have been using my 2.5kva to power LG 1.5HP AC, it says low voltage starter on the AC, is it advisable?

It should be ok since Lg specifies min of 1.7kva gen for 1.5 hp read from the op. You can also turn on gen mode for a smoother operation.

Read more here

http://www.zabadne.com.ng/air-condtitioners/lg-spl-15-hp-gencool-split-air-conditioner-7198.html?content_only=1

Cheers!
Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by meetchandus(m): 6:31pm On Jul 16, 2015
seyema:
Pls, which air conditioner brand can u recommend any day anytime and why?

Would recommend Panasonic anyday and anytime.It has a better cooling performance just that it consumes more power.It will be better to get a panasonic brand where there is a moderate power supply if not will be better to go for the LG brand
Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by seyema(m): 11:21pm On Jul 16, 2015
meetchandus:

Would recommend Panasonic anyday and anytime.It has a better cooling performance just that it consumes more power.It will be better to get a panasonic brand where there is a moderate power supply if not will be better to go for the LG brand

pls what did u mean by moderate power supply because I think power supply is the same thing every where
Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by meetchandus(m): 8:06pm On Jul 19, 2015
seyema:

pls what did u mean by moderate power supply because I think power supply is the same thing every where

I mean where you have a good supply of electricity from PHCN or a big Generator,It will be better to get Panasonic but if you dont have power supply for long in your area for most of the day, and your Generator is a small one,it will be better to stick with LG as they can be operated with small Generators.I have a good supply of light in my area and I have used both LG and Panasonic..Panasonic is better and more durable..
Re: LG Electronics Unveil Residential Airconditioning System For Average Nigerians by datigbogirl: 1:57am On Mar 03, 2016
nylawal:

Let's av ur feedback

Cheers

I see they said its cooling function will reduce when switched to gen mode... Does dat mean it will start working like fan?

(1) (Reply)

Mug, Cup, T-shirt, Cap & Plate Printing Machines For sale At Good Rate(pix) / Plastic ID Card Printers Repair, Sale, Maintenance,consumables & Software SUPPLY / Quality Sheabutter Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.