Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:01 AM

Retreiving Files From A Crashed Hard Disk - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Retreiving Files From A Crashed Hard Disk (803 Views)

How Do I Revive A Crashed External Hard Drive? / Recover All Your Data From That Crashed Hard Drive: / How To Repair A Spoilt/crashed Hard Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Retreiving Files From A Crashed Hard Disk by ade9ja(m): 12:27am On Oct 09, 2008
Hello house, with due respest and in response to the complain i got from a client as a computer/networking engineer, i decided to post this piece of information to the house.
The client complained of important files on his crashed hard disk that has no back up elsewhere and if there is any possible way(s) of him getting back the files.
Yes vividly i reply to him, outlined below are the necessary steps to follow;
Firstly get another hard disk, installed it. NB:The version of the operating system on it should not be lower than the one on the crashed one.
secondly pair the two hard drive together on the same system setting the jumper of the new disk to primary master and the jumper of the crashed disk to slave.
Boot the system, by default the system boot to the new disk drive, from my computer environment navigate to the crashed drive, open it and copy the necessary files needed.
Re: Retreiving Files From A Crashed Hard Disk by swintec: 6:36am On Oct 10, 2008
Man, I was the one that sent the post you are referred to. Thanks for your suggestion. But wait, you seem not to have understood me. I have already tried what you suggested before I sent my post. The problem is that the Hard disk was disassembled and fixed back after which the hard disk could nolonger be dictated by my operating system even when it is slaved. That is why I wrote that I feel that the hard disk platter is still ok. What I want to know is, is there any external device on which I can mount the platter from the damaged disk to read it. I have tried buying another disk of the same make so that I can disassemble that one and swap the platters, but I have not seen any to buy.

Thank you for your efforts.
Re: Retreiving Files From A Crashed Hard Disk by kinharold(m): 11:55am On Oct 22, 2008
the closest company i know that can handle that kind of task/retrieval is in south africa and there are lots of security measure u will undergo.

(1) (Reply)

Wifi Technology Ebook. / Sm Bus Controller And Vga Controller / Help: On How To Use P990i 'sony Ericsson' As A Modem With Mtn Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.