Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

Senate To NNPC: Refund $218M To Federation Account - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To NNPC: Refund $218M To Federation Account (780 Views)

Nnpc’s Unremitted Funds To Federation Account Are N4.9trn – RMAFC / Nigerian Twitter Reacts To NNPC Workers' Protest Of Unbundling Of NNPC / Refineries To Pay Into Federation Account From 2016 – Kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate To NNPC: Refund $218M To Federation Account by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 11, 2014
Below is the extract of Senate approval of rejecting subsidy removal for now and ordering NNPC to refund $218,069,354.32, being the balance of the gross lifting under the third party financing to Federation Account. Read the full news from the below link

http://www.punchng.com/news/senate-rejects-fuel-subsidy-removal/

The senators however approved the committee’s recommendation that the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation should refund to the Federation Account, the total sum of $218,069,354.32, being the balance of the gross lifting under the third party financing.

They also directed that inter-agencies reconciliation meetings between government institutions, including the Ministry of Finance, NNPC, CBN and the Federal Inland Revenue Service should be done on a regular basis.

It said such regular meetings among those sensitive economic institutions would prevent a recurrence of the situation and ensure that all revenues were properly and legally accounted for.

The Senate rejected the committee proposal to accept the N813.8bn subsidy deductions by the NNPC from January 2012 to July 2013, since it was certified by the Petroleum Products Pricing and Regulatory Agency and appropriated by the National Assembly.

It however accepted the subsidy deducted by the NNPC in the sum of N180bn for the fourth quarter of 2011, which was also certified by the PPPRA and appropriated by the National Assembly.

It advised the NNPC not pay its operational expenditures directly from the Federation Fund without appropriation by the National Assembly, saying the government oil corporation should strictly adhere to international best practises in keeping records.

It also cautioned that the NNPC should not control the revenue account of the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company so as not to undermine its separate legal status and make accountability more difficult.

Re: Senate To NNPC: Refund $218M To Federation Account by Onlinebizexpert(m): 5:02pm On Jul 11, 2014
Re: Senate To NNPC: Refund $218M To Federation Account by Chasicolis(f): 5:12pm On Jul 11, 2014
at last i made front page..nxt z ftc..i am a moving train.
Re: Senate To NNPC: Refund $218M To Federation Account by Curlieweed: 5:16pm On Jul 11, 2014
thegreatman4ww: Below is the extract of Senate approval of rejecting subsidy removal for now and ordering NNPC to refund $218,069,354.32, being the balance of the gross lifting under the third party financing to Federation Account. Read the full news from the below link

http://www.punchng.com/news/senate-rejects-fuel-subsidy-removal/

Misleading headline. That is $218 Million not Billion.
Re: Senate To NNPC: Refund $218M To Federation Account by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 11, 2014
Curlieweed:

Misleading headline. That is $218 Million not Billion.

Ok Thanks, just check again (I believe the kobo part deceived me). I dont know how to modify thread topic to effect the correction.
Re: Senate To NNPC: Refund $218M To Federation Account by Mogidi: 7:24pm On Jul 11, 2014
thegreatman4ww:

Ok Thanks, just check again (I believe the kobo part deceived me). I dont know how to modify thread topic to effect the correction.

But you know how to falsify thread topic?
Re: Senate To NNPC: Refund $218M To Federation Account by otokx(m): 7:56pm On Jul 11, 2014
Will NNPC listen to them?
Re: Senate To NNPC: Refund $218M To Federation Account by suwailad(f): 7:58pm On Jul 11, 2014
The Topic should have been like : Senate To GEJ: Refund $218M To Federation Account
Re: Senate To NNPC: Refund $218M To Federation Account by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 11, 2014
Mogidi:

But you know how to falsify thread topic?
Ur type are those ones ppl call e-(whatsoever) because the post u quoted clearly indicates no initial motive of misleading ppl with genuine intention to make correction but unable to do so because I do know how to go about it.
Instead of u proferring solutions, u come here to display of level of defecive logical reason.

Mind u errors/mistake can not equal falsification in a real sense of English because motive comes first before the action.

(1) (Reply)

EXPOSED: How Senator Ndume Funds Boko Haram, Buys 400 Golf Cars / Nobel Winning Writer Nadine Gordimer Dies / Why We Will Continue To Rule Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.