Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,549 members, 7,816,334 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

6 Reasons Women Watched The World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 6 Reasons Women Watched The World Cup (721 Views)

Breaking News: If You Watched The Nigeria Vs SA Match.. Enter Here ASAP / Who Are Your Best Footballers Of All-time? (the Players You Watched Play) / Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Reasons Women Watched The World Cup by vicadex07(m): 1:33am On Jul 12, 2014
As the 20th 2014 FIFA World Cup draws to an end this Sunday, we look into why women were and still are, glued to TV screens to watch men play with balls.
1. For the love of the game
Despite criticism from male fans that most women are not real supporters, there are millions of ardent female soccer fans out there as equally passionate about the game as their testosteroned counterparts. E.G Mukina2
2. Women play with balls too
Ladies, I don't mean the one in your mans pants. There are thousands of female footballers across the world who are just as soccer obsessed as the male fans and players.
3. The hot guys’ factor
Like Safarigirl's undying love for mikel even though the guy is talentless. Every woman enjoys seeing well built bodies covered in sweat chasing a ball around and scoring too!
4. To be part of the conversation
Social media is abuzz with soccer; the hashtags are flooding Twitter and Facebook; even Nairaland is not left out of the frenzy. As ‘residents’ of the virtual world we are patriotic enough not to want to be left out.
5. It’s a good way to bond
Watching the World Cup is a good way of to spend time with sons, boyfriends, husbands and friends. It’s also a good time to provide emotional support and consolation for the devastated men in your life when the favourite teams go down.
6. Swept up by the World Cup fever
Just like everyone else, we are swept up by the World Cup fever. It is a huge global event not only religiously followed worldwide, but it only happens once every four years. Who would want to miss it?
Have you ever been made to feel like you are not a real soccer fan just because you are a woman?
Please share with us reasons why you watch the World Cup.
Re: 6 Reasons Women Watched The World Cup by Onlinebizexpert(m): 1:43am On Jul 12, 2014
some dey watch am because
Re: 6 Reasons Women Watched The World Cup by fijiano202(m): 2:01am On Jul 12, 2014
Nice though..i love that coca cola advert
Re: 6 Reasons Women Watched The World Cup by daryoor(m): 4:37am On Jul 12, 2014
im a wife beater. left hook, upper cut, left hook again, head boot, life up and slam...

now thats romance
Re: 6 Reasons Women Watched The World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:09am On Jul 12, 2014
vicadex07: As the 20th 2014 FIFA World Cup draws to an end this Sunday, we look into why women were and still are, glued to TV screens to watch men play with balls.
1. For the love of the game
Despite criticism from male fans that most women are not real supporters, there are millions of ardent female soccer fans out there as equally passionate about the game as their testosteroned counterparts. E.G Mukina2
2. Women play with balls too
Ladies, I don't mean the one in your mans pants. There are thousands of female footballers across the world who are just as soccer obsessed as the male fans and players.
3. The hot guys’ factor
Like Safarigirl's undying love for mikel even though the guy is talentless. Every woman enjoys seeing well built bodies covered in sweat chasing a ball around and scoring too!
4. To be part of the conversation
Social media is abuzz with soccer; the hashtags are flooding Twitter and Facebook; even Nairaland is not left out of the frenzy. As ‘residents’ of the virtual world we are patriotic enough not to want to be left out.
5. It’s a good way to bond
Watching the World Cup is a good way of to spend time with sons, boyfriends, husbands and friends. It’s also a good time to provide emotional support and consolation for the devastated men in your life when the favourite teams go down.
6. Swept up by the World Cup fever
Just like everyone else, we are swept up by the World Cup fever. It is a huge global event not only religiously followed worldwide, but it only happens once every four years. Who would want to miss it?
Have you ever been made to feel like you are not a real soccer fan just because you are a woman?
Please share with us reasons why you watch the World Cup.
what a load of cheap crap.

Talentless people don't make it out of street football. The talentless lot will never even see an NPL game. It takes talent to make it to a top European club and be there for 7 years.

And I love Mikel same way I love Emenike and Enyeama. Only reason he's the one I talk about most of the time is because he's the only one you bunch love to attack. Someone has to defend him in the face of all the unnecessary venom being spat his way. Y'all are lucky I haven't opened a thread to counter all the nonsensical bashing. I just dey observe una

I shan't address the rest of the nonsense you used me as an example for. I'm in a good mood this morning. Good morning

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Women Watched The World Cup by vicadex07(m): 10:06am On Jul 12, 2014
^^ grin grin grin This girl has got some temper
Re: 6 Reasons Women Watched The World Cup by Kai5vil: 10:10am On Jul 12, 2014
my taste...

(1) (Reply)

Khedira Agrees Personal Terms With Arsenal Atlast / Is Arsenal FC The Most Hated Football Club? / Bad Losser ? – Mourinho Blames Referee, Criticise Bundesliga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.