Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,528 members, 7,843,628 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

.:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. (22633 Views)

Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 13, 2014
wayne4loan: Weeping for the lost souls in nairaland " father forgive them for they know not what they are doing"

And we weep at your stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by back2sender: 11:50am On Jul 13, 2014
I don't pay tithe and same God has been faithful to me because am not lazy. Pastors work should be voluntarily and they should not be paid salary. They should have an occupation just like other people simple.

6 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 13, 2014
back2sender: I don't pay tithe and same God has been faithful to me because am not lazy. Pastors work should be voluntarily and they should not be paid salary. They should have an occupation just like other people simple.

Thanks Brother.

Imagine me working hard with all the stress etc and then to dash a Pastor who rides in a limo 10% of my income, for what ?? What has he done to deserve it. I even have to bypass the needs of my own family to please a charlatan.

Never, not now , not ever !!!

6 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 13, 2014
Jesusculture: Nigeria the most religious country in Africa and perhaps in the world, where poverty, unemployment ,corruption is rife. That said,Tithes n offering must be from a willing heart n not forced or compelled as written in the bible. Besides the salvation of lost souls must be the priority of the church n not tithes or offering.

pastors are not interested in your soul, all that matters to them is church attendance, the more the attendance, the bigger the tithe and offering. even if you don't want to come to church, just put your tithe in envelop and give someone to pay for you, and thy lord shall bless thee .....halleluyah!!! grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Rawar: 11:56am On Jul 13, 2014
Pls mind your self jareeh...... Na health mata I carry com oo..........www.africapple..com .......... Check every every here.... Both penis food ,vagina food, big and small breast naturally etc...... Tuawale dee

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 13, 2014
I don't give tithe and am prospering bec grin s am the righteous in Christ.

4 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by dorox(m): 12:01pm On Jul 13, 2014
winner01: you are helpless mate, I help people even more than you do, I doubt if u do except to mock on nairaland,....and I also keep paying tithes and last time I checked, I don't pay your money....my hope for you is that you don't head into destruction.
Is this your best defence? I will not be drawn into a boastful match of who has more money or help others more than the other. suffice it to say that I am self sufficient in my needs, and even if I wasn't, tithing would only make things worse.

3 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by winner01(m): 12:04pm On Jul 13, 2014
dorox:
Is this your best defence? I will not be drawn into a boastful match of who has more money or help others more than the other. suffice it to say that I am self sufficient in my needs, and even if I wasn't, tithing would only make things worse.
like I said, you need help.
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 13, 2014
There is a natural phenomenon in setting aside 10%, investing it or using it to help the needy. Its doesn't matter how you choose to go about yours, it will keep multiplying. My granddad taught me this, I give mine out depending on what comes up. I don't know why some church call themselves christians yet they still live according to laws that favour only their pockets, cos they can't tell me its only tithing they saw in the old testament.

2 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Demainman1: 12:15pm On Jul 13, 2014
Pentecostal Christianity in Nigeria is a Natural Disaster.

TITHE ko, LOOSE ni.

6 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by ibedun: 12:18pm On Jul 13, 2014
Useless, Yeye God. Tell the lazy Skydaddy and his agents (pastors) to get a job!

Heaven and Hell my foot!

3 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by ibedun: 12:24pm On Jul 13, 2014
wayne4loan: Weeping for the lost souls in nairaland " father forgive them for they know not what they are doing"

Which father? The one who born you or the imaginary skydaddy?

Sorry dude, the in-existent m'f..ker aint doing nothing as usual.

3 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by nora544: 12:25pm On Jul 13, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1584031/how-pastors-get-rich

I live in an country in europa and the first time I hear about tithing was from a friend in nigeria, I never hear this in my country because we didnot have this, we have a churchtax like it is in many here in europa.

I will pay about 1,1% of my income (when I belong to one of the recognized churches in my country) i had in the last year but when my income is under 1000 Euro per month I have to pay no and I say no churchtax. I have a income of about 24000 euro last year so i pay this year a churchtax of Euro 264,-- and this reduce my tax which I have to pay to the goverment so i get this money back from the goverment and it works until you pay more than 400 euro per year on churchtax.

the church in my country pay with this the pastors and the priest and they have to show what they are doing with the money.

Governmental collection of religious offerings and taxes
Austria

In Austria a colloquially called church tax (Kirchensteuer, officially called Kirchenbeitrag, i.e. church contribution) has to be paid by members of the Catholic and Protestant Church. It is levied by the churches themselves and not by the government. The obligation to pay church tax can just be evaded by an official declaration to cease church membership. The tax is calculated on the basis of personal income. It amounts to about 1.1% (Catholic church) and 1.5% (Protestant church).[citation needed]
Denmark

All members of the Church of Denmark pay a church tax, which varies between municipalities. The tax is generally around 1% of the taxable income.[citation needed]

Finland

Members of state churches pay a church tax of between 1% and 2% of income, depending on the municipality. In addition, 2.55% of corporate taxes are distributed to the state churches. Church taxes are integrated into the common national taxation system.[16]
Germany

Germany levies a church tax, on all persons declaring themselves to be Christians, of roughly 8–9% of their income tax, which is effectively (very much depending on the social and financial situation) typically between 0.2% and 1.5% of the total income. The proceeds are shared amongst Catholic, Lutheran, and other Protestant Churches.[17]

The church tax (Kirchensteuer) actually traces its roots back as far as the Reichsdeputationshauptschluss of 1803. It was reaffirmed in the Concordat of 1933 between Nazi Germany and the Catholic Church. Today its legal basis is article 140 of the Grundgesetz (the German "constitution"wink in connection with article 137 of the Weimar constitution. These laws originally merely allowed the churches themselves to tax their members, but in Nazi Germany, collection of church taxes was transferred to the German government. As a result, both the German government and the employer are notified of the religious affiliation of every tax payer. This system is still in effect today. Mandatory disclosure of religious affiliation to government agencies or employers constituted a violation of the original European data protection directives but is now permitted after the German government obtained an exemption.[17]

Church tax (Kirchensteuer) is compulsory in Germany for those confessing members of a particular religious group. It is deducted at the PAYE level. The duty to pay this tax theoretically starts on the day one is christened. Anyone who wants to stop paying it has to declare in writing, at their local court of law (Amtsgericht) or registry office, that they are leaving the Church. They are then crossed off the Church registers and can no longer receive the sacraments, confession and certain services; Roman Catholic church may deny such as person a burial plot.[17] In addition to the government, the tax payer also must notify his employer of his religious affiliation (or lack thereof) in order to ensure proper tax withholding.[18]

This opt-out is also used by members of "free churches" (e.g. Baptists) (non-affiliated to the scheme) to stop paying the church tax, from which the free churches do not benefit, in order to support their own church directly.

Sweden

Until the year 2000, Sweden had a mandatory church tax, to be paid if one did belong to the Church of Sweden, which had been funneling about $500 million annually to the church. Because of change in legislation, the tax was withdrawn in year 2000. However, the Swedish government has agreed to continue collecting from individual taxpayers the annual payment that has always gone to the church. But now the tax will be an optional checkoff box on the tax return. The government will allocate the money collected to Catholic, Muslim, Jewish and other faiths as well as the Lutherans, with each taxpayer directing where his or her taxes should go.[citation needed]

Switzerland

There is no official state church in Switzerland; however, all the 26 cantons (states) financially support at least one of the three traditional denominations--Roman Catholic, Old Catholic, or Protestant—with funds collected through taxation. Each canton has its own regulations regarding the relationship between church and state. In some cantons, the church tax (up to 2.3%) is voluntary but in others an individual who chooses not to contribute to church tax may formally have to leave the church. In some cantons private companies are unable to avoid payment of the church tax.[[/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tithe

1 Like

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by khemisty(f): 12:26pm On Jul 13, 2014
Its not a must to pay our tithe in the church, we can give our tithe to the needy.

1 Like

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by omenkishk(m): 12:35pm On Jul 13, 2014
"There is a way which seems right to men but in the end leads to destruction". Our tithes and offerings are important but no one is forcing us,the World has really taken a bad turn that people no longer believe in the existence of their Creator. Ever asked urselves where this money u hold so dear comes from? No wonder the Word of God said "it is easier for a camel to pass thru d eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven".. We are not even rich yet n we are having problems paying tithes. Pay ur tithes n forget about what any pastor does with it,it is between him and God
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by nora544: 12:48pm On Jul 13, 2014
omenkishk: "There is a way which seems right to men but in the end leads to destruction". Our tithes and offerings are important but no one is forcing us,the World has really taken a bad turn that people no longer believe in the existence of their Creator. Ever asked urselves where this money u hold so dear comes from? No wonder the Word of God said "it is easier for a camel to pass thru d eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven".. We are not even rich yet n we are having problems paying tithes. Pay ur tithes n forget about what any pastor does with it,it is between him and God

sorry you are a poor brainwashed christian because you can ask what a pastor make with the money you give to him!!!!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by spartan50(m): 12:51pm On Jul 13, 2014
EvilBrain1: If god wants money, he should get a job just like everybody else.
Watch ur tongue... Don't speak calamity on urself... God is nt beggar..
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Vivipop(f): 12:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
I think I'll have to hijack this post for my brainwashed friend.I'm not very good with bible quotes and she has always told me if I can't quote the bible,then she'll keep giving her money to her thief pastor. Maybe if I show her this,she'll repent, nice one
charlsecy: @Kenny4lyfe, I would love it if you respond to my comment after reading it.

Let me quote Hebrews 7:5 CEB:

"The descendants of Levi who receive the office of priest HAVE A COMMANDMENT UNDER THE LAW to collect a tenth of everything from the people who are their brothers and sisters, though they also are descended from Abraham."

It is important we ask ourselves if Believers are UNDER THE LAW? Galatians 5:4 [NIV] says, "You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace."

If a Christian willingly decides to be giving 10% or more of his income for the Gospel, no problem. However, I must stress that the concept of tithe, as taught and understood by many Christians today, is a big lie.

Leviticus 27:30-33 shows there was a penalty for wanting to pay tithe in form of money. You paid extra. It's discouraged and even not permitted for animal rearers, who wanted to make substitutions. Perhaps, paying with money defeated one of the purposes of tithing. How could the poor feed from the tithes? How could one eat money? (Deut.14:22-26; Deut. 12:5-7). Or, have you been lied to that beggars and the needy cannot share in your tithe, that it's all for your "pastors?"

Before I continue, let me state that Abraham tithed from spoils of war. He went to war and paid tithe on the spoils he recovered. There is no where in the Bible where Abraham tithed on his personal property.

1. Tithes consisted of food and animals ONLY. "Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, THAT THERE MAY BE FOOD in my house..." Malachi 3:10 ESV. Only natural produce was given as tithe, NEVER money. If you read Deuteronomy 14:22-29, you will discover money was in circulation, so it's not a question of money didn't exist at that time. It was SPECIFICALLY UNDERSTOOD that you couldn't give money as tithe, ESPECIALLY FOR ANIMAL REARERS. Please read Deuteronomy 14:22-29 and Leviticus 27:30-33.

2. If you study Leviticus 27:30-32, it seems only the owners of farms and flocks tithed.

3. There was an annual tithe for the maintenance of the Levites (Lev. 27:30; Num. 18:21).

4. People ate from their tithes. A second tithe brought to Jerusalem for the Lord’s feasts (Deut. 14:22-26; Deut. 12:5-7). This tithe must be consumed before the Lord. ALL ATE portions of this tithe. [How does one eat money?]

5. Tithes could be given out to the needy. Every third year, the second tithe was kept at home for the Levites, the poor and the needy (Deut. 14:27-29). Have you ever heard pastors saying you cannot share your tithe with the beggarly?

Food for thought >>>>

A. WHY DO MODERN-DAY CHURCHES EMPHASIZE ONLY ONE TYPE OF TITHE, AND EVEN CORRUPTED IT, LEAVING OUT THE OTHERS? FOR EXAMPLE, THERE IS A TYPE OF TITHE DONE ONCE EVERY 3 YEARS WHICH CAN BE FOUND IN DEUTERONOMY 26:12. THIS FORM INVOLVES GIVING ALSO TO "FOREIGNERS, ORPHANS, AND WIDOWS..." WHY ARE MODERN-DAY PREACHERS NOT IMPLEMENTING THIS ONE?

B. WHY IS MODERN-DAY TITHE IN FORM OF MONEY, WHILE IT'S CLEAR FROM THE SCRIPTURES THE ISRAELITES TITHED OF THEIR CROPS AND ANIMALS ONLY, EVEN THOUGH MONEY WAS IN CIRCULATION AT THAT TIME? Leviticus 27:30-33 shows there is a penalty for wanting to pay tithe in form of money. It's discouraged.

C. How many Christians are aware of the above Biblical facts?

D. Why is the practice of modern-day tithing different from what the Lord instructed?

If you decide to tithe, then you should tithe the Way GOD instructed. The current, so-called modern-day Christian tithing is false based on Biblical evidence. What is happening tithe-wise is different from what the People of Israel did in the Bible. That's all I want you to know.

Come to think of it; did you know that even the modern Jews do not tithe because the Temple and genealogical records were destroyed in 70 AD by the Romans? There is no Temple now to take the tithes to; there are no known Levites, because of the destruction of the records. Does it mean that tithe preachers know better than real Jews about the law of tithing? We believers are even now priests; 1 Peter 2:9, Hebrews 4:16. Is your pastor a Levite? Hebrews 7:5.

3 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by decepticos(m): 12:55pm On Jul 13, 2014
Kenny4lyfe: Nσω, вєƒσrє уσυ ∂rαω тнαт є-dαggєr яєα∂ ωнaт тнє ωσя∂ σƒ God ѕαуѕ αвσυт тнιѕ ¢αrєƒυℓℓу:
Malachi 3:8
Wιℓℓ α мαη rσвв Gσ∂?
уєт ує нανє rσввє∂ мє!
вυт ує ѕαу, "ωнєrєιη нανє ωє rσввє∂ тнєє?"
ιη тιтнєѕ αη∂ ιη σƒƒєяιηgѕ!"

The hand writing is clearly written on the wall as you can see!
How can a Non-Tither/Anti-Tither possibly justify him/herself before God with this declaration? #TeamAnti_Tithers over to you!
Op y do dis, y have u given every1 a chance to talk sihyt, it u who knows dat I hold responsible, be prepared cos it'll find u.
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Howmanage: 12:56pm On Jul 13, 2014
frosbel: To Preach the Tithe while using the money for purposes which are unknown and not under the control of the tithers is FRAUD and Day Light Robbery.

In fact , Tithing should be criminalised and those who break the law should be locked up until they repent.
preach it

1 Like

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Gofwane(m): 1:19pm On Jul 13, 2014
MarkMiwerds: Contrary to the OP's claim, you will not be robbing God if you do not tithe.

However, if you are bypassing a poor person while on your way to a well-to-do Church so you can drop Naira in the offering plate, you are robbing God.

Inasmuch as ye did it not unto the least of these my brethren, ye did it not unto me -- words of Jesus
exactly wot i intend doing.

2 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by omenkishk(m): 1:26pm On Jul 13, 2014
nora544:

sorry you are a poor brainwashed christian because you can ask what a pastor make with the money you give to him!!!!!!!!
. If you are a christian you will know better than this,you will know you pay tithes to the house of God and not to any pastor...why is it that none of you complain about offerings?
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 13, 2014
omenkishk: . If you are a christian you will know better than this,you will know you pay tithes to the house of God and not to any pastor...why is it that none of you complain about offerings?

does God eat MONEY ?

Who spends the Tithe Money and why don't the church members have a say in how it is spent

3 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by seunoni34(m): 1:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
Scyllapatron:

it is intellectual poverty that makes you think that if you pay 10% of your hard earned salary to another man, you will get rich.
Intellectual poverty? Aite like the saying goes : "what you believe only works for you"

1 Like

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by nora544: 1:31pm On Jul 13, 2014
omenkishk: . If you are a christian you will know better than this,you will know you pay tithes to the house of God and not to any pastor...why is it that none of you complain about offerings?

I know what I have to do is helping the poor.

I give my money to two kids in kenya that they can go to school and they they have food that is what it means to be a real christian not to enrich this money loving jetflying pastors.

Why a country like nigeria has so many pastors who have a private jet!!!!!!!!! and there are still so many people who didnot have food 3 times a day.

christianity is a business in nigeria and not more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 13, 2014
You can't make heaven by paying tithe and you can't go to hell for not paying tithe.
The simplicity of the gospel is that Christ was crucified for our redemption.
I preach Christ crucified: to the Jews a stumbling block, to the Gentiles foolishness (1Cor 1:23).
Jesus saves that I know and preach. Praise God!

3 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by WiseElectrical: 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2014
May God forgive u all
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by summy4ever(m): 1:56pm On Jul 13, 2014
MarkMiwerds: Thank you.

Many here on Nairaland Forums know me. They know that I am physically blind. I walk with a cane, read and write braille, listen to web pages, etc..

But I thank God that He, in His infinite wisdom, chose to save me and to reveal to me these truths that I post. I may walk in shadows here, but Jesus' Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.
even though you are physically blind, your inner eyes are widely open. Even some of us with both eyes are still mentally blind

4 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Imoy(m): 1:57pm On Jul 13, 2014
dorox:
Your willful blindness to the overwhelming evidence given on this thread against the payment of tithe by christians from the bible suggests to me that you are a tithe recipient. I find it hard to understand how vultures like you could say with a straight face that people should show their love for God whom they have not seen by tithing while they pass their fellow neighbour or family member with real needs without lifting a finger.
So stop kidding us that your support for tithing is in obedience to God's word when we all know that you fight to propagate this falsehood in order to protect your filthy source of income. You are a modern day pharisee. Stop being a parasite and get a real job.

GBAM!

Bros u are so on point, if u be babe I for kiss u.

These so called tithers hardly help their neighbor.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is The Village Witches And Wizards Story True? Will They Attack Me If.. / Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity / 27 Minutes To Midnight 2012 Edition/elisha Goodman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.