Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results (26160 Views)

Powering Earth With Mini Black-holes / Free 6 Week Online Course On Gravity, The Big Bang To Black Holes / Portals Netweb Community [IT Network Entrepreneurial And Development Hub] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Superstar007(m): 7:42am On Jul 13, 2014
Physics
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by ElNur1: 7:44am On Jul 13, 2014
Anybody dat believe everytin dat those stupid white American scientists tell him, is a biig fool...

D first lie NASA told was landin on d moon...
how can d American flag fly wen thier is no air on d moon...

stupid American scientists

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by ceejay80s(m): 7:45am On Jul 13, 2014
Too much
voltron
G-force
tera hawk
megar xlr

2 Likes

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 13, 2014
I saw d topic, got interestd. i tot 'black hole' was 'pussy'.. . now its getin bored and am disapointed. yawn! off fone
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Pain(m): 7:50am On Jul 13, 2014
Mynd44: Blackholes are the results of huge stars running out of juice which leave a huge gracvitational core and sucks everything in. How the heck can that be portal to another universe?

Except by universe they meant underworld or Hades.

Best answer. You went to a good school
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by adekayo1234(m): 7:50am On Jul 13, 2014
I know of only one black hole sha and that is where poo descends into the underworld. All other black holes are counterfeit. Happy sunday
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by henryobinna(m): 7:50am On Jul 13, 2014
tosingcfr: Maybe, I'm not well grounded in Physics
maybe metaphysics
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Idrismusty97(m): 7:51am On Jul 13, 2014
Nobody knows, unless you jump inside.
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Damyion(m): 7:54am On Jul 13, 2014
OkikiOluwa1: The scientists that formulated this piece of s hit are sick!
They need blood transfussion.
The only real black hole is in the v agina of a black woman!
Last Bullet
If you fall into a black hole which these confused scientists talked about, you ll surely reach a ground where you ll crash.
It's your spirit that ll wake up in another universe, that's hell or heaven!
*looks up to heaven in tears* Oh Lord, save him! Save him from phussy!

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Onlinebizexpert(m): 7:54am On Jul 13, 2014
D only black hole i know is that which is found in women, it has be scientifically proven that when u enta it, u just find urself in heaven,.......so it is a pathway to another dimension dat is from ur bed or floor or bush or toilet to paradise

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Pain(m): 7:55am On Jul 13, 2014
This black hole thread is being derailed by azz holes

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:00am On Jul 13, 2014
Damyion: *looks up to heaven in tears* Oh Lord, save him! Save him from phussy!
Wa, ori e buru ni?
Shey na only me like toto!
Go to sexuality section.
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by BotherMleeper(m): 8:01am On Jul 13, 2014
Dunno about portals to other universe, but the only black hole I know of is in my pocket, and its a portal straight to the ground. It has sucked into oblivion countless naira notes and keys.

Darn those nasty black holes.

2 Likes

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by caesaraba(m): 8:03am On Jul 13, 2014
Pain: This black hole thread is being derailed by azz holes

Honestly.
Wish the mod could do his job.

Or create a different thread where the motor park touts can converge and leave space enthusiasts to discuss freely.

Oh! A simpler option: click on the link to the original article and follow the obviously more intelligent discuss therein.

Thanks OP.

3 Likes

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by fanficgirl(f): 8:06am On Jul 13, 2014
ElNur1: Anybody dat believe everytin dat those stupid white American scientists tell him, is a biig fool...

D first lie NASA told was landin on d moon...
how can d American flag fly wen thier is no air on d moon...

stupid American scientists
LOL thanks for the laugh.
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by seunoni34(m): 8:07am On Jul 13, 2014
talk2davoo: .
U guys should grow up & stop this sh*t. If you don't know What to comment then stay off the post. It's not funny anymore
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 13, 2014
Blackholes are gravitational field of galaxies whose total mass has been converted to energy. Energy remnant of planets/space/time. Although every galaxy is a portal to other universes, there is need to take away the mystic and just explain simple terms. Black holes are really not holes, because there is no hole, just in nomenclature. Just the energy remnants of planets that have run out of steam. In billions of years, our galaxy will become blackhole too. Everything has an end.

Thank me later.

3 Likes

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by davidif: 8:16am On Jul 13, 2014
Wow! An intelligent post on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by publicenemy(m): 8:17am On Jul 13, 2014
Apatheist:
Source : www.mnn.com/earth-matters/space/stories/black-holes-are-portals-to-other-universes-according-to-new-quantum

Stephen hawkings: Black Holes dont exist.

You can google it.
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by henryobinna(m): 8:19am On Jul 13, 2014
caesaraba:

Honestly.

Or create a different thread where the motor park touts can converge and leave space enthusiasts to discuss freely.

Oh! A simpler option: click on the link to the original article and follow the obviously more intelligent discuss therein.

Thanks OP.:
eeerm... you are indirectly insinuating that you're a space enthusiast right? so tell me what are your space feat you've achieved? or your 'medal of honors' huh?
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by dhtml(m): 8:22am On Jul 13, 2014
[size=18pt]THE BLACK HOLE IS A SHORTEST ROUTE TO HELL FIRE[/size]

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by darthv: 8:25am On Jul 13, 2014
kbshow100: How does that affect The price of garri and kuli-kuli @ the market. Next
BORiNG zzzz
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 13, 2014
The attitude of d blackkk niggerr..no wonder why we will never go to space or the moon
WackyJ1: See as God just dey take this people dey play.

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by henryobinna(m): 8:30am On Jul 13, 2014
Billyonaire: Blackholes are gravitational field of galaxies whose total mass has been converted to energy. Energy remnant of planets/space/time. Although every galaxy is a portal to other universes, there is need to take away the mystic and just explain simple terms. Black holes are really not holes, because there is no hole, just in nomenclature. Just the energy remnants of planets that have run out of steam. In billions of years, our galaxy will become blackhole too. Everything has an end.

Thank me later.
eerm... Billyonaire can you give me a little proof for this your hypothesis?
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Infomizer(m): 8:31am On Jul 13, 2014
caesaraba:

Honestly.

Thanks OP.
I feel you buddy. It's really disturbing to see what people type here, advertising ignorance. I pity the future of this country. Hope dey sha!

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 13, 2014
henryobinna: eerm... Billyonaire can you give me a little proof for this your hypothesis?
Your question is wrong. There is no hypothesis there.

1 Like

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Atmmachine(m): 8:49am On Jul 13, 2014
Hole is hole, except you have gold in yours grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Sombrerogalaxy: 8:51am On Jul 13, 2014
Exciting to see interest in astronomy on nairaland. I'll try to explain the concept without too much resort to technical terms :-) Imagine you have a region in space where gravitational force is infinitely strong such that nothing can escape, not even light, yes that is a black hole. So, in principle, if you sufficiently compress mass till its physical size is small enough, you should end up with a black hole. When we study astronomical bodies, much of the information we get is from absorption or emission of photons, but in the case of blackholes, we usually infer their presence from dynamics around them or through high energy processes. Imagine if all the mass of the Sun were sufficiently compressed to a region of the order of a few kms, crazy physics start to happen. As a matter of fact, laws of physics start to break down!
So do blackholes exist? Yes, they do exist, usually at the centers of very large galaxies and some star clusters etc
Do they exist forever, once formed through gravitational collapse? This is an interesting question, since classically, they do not lose energy by radiation. In an earlier post, someone said Stephen Hawkings proposed that they do not even exist, whereas he posited that under that quantum mechanics, they slowly lose material by radiating Hawking radiation! So smaller blackholes 'die' faster via evaporation.
It should be noted, however, that they are very difficult to study!

7 Likes

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by ojoawo(m): 8:56am On Jul 13, 2014
publicenemy:

Stephen hawkings: Black Holes dont exist.

You can google it.

Stephen Hawkings theory is as valid as a mad dog on expired cocaine

While Hawking radiation solved one problem with black holes, it created another problem known as the firewall paradox. When quantum particles appear in pairs, they are entangled, meaning that they are connected in a quantum way. If one particle is captured by the black hole, and the other escapes, then the entangled nature of the pair is broken. In quantum mechanics, we would say that the particle pair appears in a pure state, and the event horizon would seem to break that state.

there’s no paradox. Black holes can radiate in a way that agrees with thermodynamics, and the region near the event horizon doesn’t have a firewall, just as general relativity requires. So Hawking’s proposal is a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist.

4 Likes

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by Sombrerogalaxy: 9:01am On Jul 13, 2014
I forgot to add that at the center of our Galaxy, Milky Way, there is a supermassive blackhole (Sagittarius A) that is ~ 4 million times more massive than the Sun.

2 Likes

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by caesaraba(m): 9:10am On Jul 13, 2014
henryobinna: eeerm... you are indirectly insinuating that you're a space enthusiast right? so tell me what are your space feat you've achieved? or your 'medal of honors' huh?

Enthusiasm

—noun

absorbing or controlling possession of the mind by any interest or pursuit; lively interest: He shows marked enthusiasm for his studies.

Enthusiast
en-thoo-zee-ast

—noun

a person who is filled with enthusiasm for some principle, pursuit, etc.; a person of ardent zeal: a sports enthusiast.
a religious visionary or fanatic.

Ogbeni where you from see Astronaut, Astrophysicist, or Astro-Scientific-Anything?

3 Likes

Re: Black Holes Are 'portals To Other universes,' According To New Quantum results by lilpervert(m): 9:10am On Jul 13, 2014
I thought blackholes were holes with so much gravity nothing can escape once captured (not even light). It may be possible that they are portals, but what do I know, that's none of my business

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Damilare King-David Akano Is Youngest Microsoft Expert At 6 Years Old / 10 Things About The Atmosphere That You Don't Know / Solar Inverter Installation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.