Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,842 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Better Player: Christian Obodo or Wilson Oruma? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Better Player: Christian Obodo or Wilson Oruma? (4680 Views)

Wilson Oruma Duped By A Pastor Of N1.2billion. / How Wilson Oruma Battled With Insanity After Being Duped Of N1.2 Billion Naira / How Fraudsters Duped Wilson Oruma Of N1.2billion Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Better Player: Christian Obodo or Wilson Oruma? by fataiiyo(m): 8:43am On Sep 16, 2005
Who is the best among these players: Christian Obodo and Wilson Oruma?'
Re: Better Player: Christian Obodo or Wilson Oruma? by drbigdaddyg(m): 11:45am On Sep 16, 2005
In one of the comments made by Eguavon after Sunday's match against Algeria in Oran, he (Eguavon) condemned Oruma with his own point of view. I know this will coerce some people into condemning Oruma.

On the contrary, I want to say that Oruma to me, is better than Obodo. Using obodo as his comparison will mean "over-underating" this soccer god of his former club, Socheaux.

You can agree with me by going through their performance in their different clubs.
Re: Better Player: Christian Obodo or Wilson Oruma? by c0dec(m): 2:54pm On Sep 16, 2005
leagues differ as much as clubs differ.

obodo is playing the best league in europe which is more competitive than the french ligue 1.

they are different types of players (to me anyway). oruma is more of an offensive midfielder (like say deco) while obodo plays the central role (like say xavi).

cool
Re: Better Player: Christian Obodo or Wilson Oruma? by fataiiyo(m): 4:10pm On Sep 16, 2005
thanks alot my brother drbigdaddyg.................that's what make one of my friend say that Obodo is better than Oruma,cos of the last mach against Algeria
Re: Better Player: Christian Obodo or Wilson Oruma? by Chxta(m): 10:39pm On Sep 16, 2005
While it is arguable that they are playing roughly the same role, there are certain things that have to first be understood:
1) Oruma is an AM, while Obodo is a CM.
2) Oruma is at least 5 years older than Obodo
3) Oruma plays in France while Obodo plays in Italy
4) Oruma was never (really) given a chance to flourish in the Super Eagles, while Obodo still has his career ahead of him

Having said all that, I want you guys to observe something, ever since Japan 93, Oruma has shown a stunning inability to rise to the big occasion, and that is the simple reason that he failed to bench Okocha on a number of opportunities that he had, and if we are to be honest, he has had a lot of opportunities.
The point is this, the Algeria game was an example of a chance he had to put away any doubts as to his ability, but he once again failed to rise to the occasion. Obodo on the other hand rose briliantly to the occasion even scoring a goal in the process.

In Sochaux, Oruma was a darling of the fans, but ask this question, why was it that he played only 20 out of 38 league games last season (not due to injury or suspension) if not for the fact that the coach didn't have too much faith in him?
Obodo on the other hand was consigned to the bench initially, because of Maresca (and let's not mince words here, Maresca's very good!), but as the season wore on, he broke into Fiorentina's first team playing alongside Maresca in the midfield...

Some people will point to his new season at L'OM, and yes, he has started every game for them thus far, but then look at their start to the season... it is Marseille's worst start in 23 years!
Comparatively, Obodo has started every game for Udinese this season thus far, and currently (16/9/2005), they are joint top of Serie A and began their first ever Champions League with a 3-0 win!

My point is this: Oruma is a player of udoubted ability IMO, but as compared to Obodo... first there is something missing from Oruma's game. When he meets more combative midfielders he surrenders the midfield to them without a fight, something that Okocha would never do which is the reason Oruma failed to bench him, and something that Obodo doesn't do...

Obodo!
Re: Better Player: Christian Obodo or Wilson Oruma? by tosinadeda: 4:11pm On Nov 12, 2006
Obodo
Re: Better Player: Christian Obodo or Wilson Oruma? by IroroRoyal(f): 6:35am On Nov 13, 2006
Better player i wil give it to Wilson Oruma a.k.a husby Sandra, lol,grin ; grin grin
Re: Better Player: Christian Obodo or Wilson Oruma? by fataiiyo(m): 7:49am On Nov 13, 2006
Ya, to say the fact my syster, Oruma is the best
more love cool
Re: Better Player: Christian Obodo or Wilson Oruma? by IroroRoyal(f): 1:33pm On Nov 13, 2006
I 'll say it again,Again,agian and again!Wilson Oruma play better than Christian Obo lipsrsealed

Abi  na lie my peolpe  tongue ;

@Poster more LOVE cheesy cheesy
Re: Better Player: Christian Obodo or Wilson Oruma? by Prince22(m): 2:45pm On Jan 31, 2008
Let the one with fortune be

No matter how great and powerful a player may be, if he fail to win a matches, it is as good as he is not fit or carrying misfortune.

Okocha played very well all his time for national team but never get African footballer of the year
Kanu who we know to be trickish in playing, achieve result all the time never score a goal in any nations cup tornament
Liberian(, )played to win African footballer of the year in his active playing life, he never being to wold cup

All we need is who will bring fortune all the time. age should not be a barrier nor any other thing. Nigeria will always replacement for any player at any point in time.
Re: Better Player: Christian Obodo or Wilson Oruma? by fataiiyo(m): 2:53pm On Jan 31, 2008
Thanks so much Royal, na better person,shaby better thing, u shaby good thing jare
@ IROROROYAL one love
Re: Better Player: Christian Obodo or Wilson Oruma? by metodman(m): 8:17am On Feb 02, 2008
ORUMA IS A BETTER PLAYER, EMA FIKU WE ORUN
Re: Better Player: Christian Obodo or Wilson Oruma? by Iman3(m): 9:43am On Feb 02, 2008
Oruma and Obodo don't even play in the same position.Its like comparing Flamini to Fabregas.Having said that,Obodo seems a far better player than Oruma.Not only is he playing in a better league,he has always been a regular whenever fit unlike Oruma who keeps drifting in and out.

(1) (Reply)

20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. / DCUBE SKATING RINK : First Skating Rink In Nigeria / 25,000 Runners Expected For Lagos Women Run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.