Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,151 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

7 Simple Steps To Achieve A First Class Degree – What Are Your Tips? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Simple Steps To Achieve A First Class Degree – What Are Your Tips? (1757 Views)

Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree / For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! / 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Simple Steps To Achieve A First Class Degree – What Are Your Tips? by goodgaga: 3:29pm On Jul 12, 2014
http://arewadaily.com/7-simple-steps-achieve-first-class-degree-tips/

There is no doubt that a first class degree is difficult to achieve but not impossible. These tips provide a good guide in achieving a first class degree. What are your tips?

1. The very first semester is the most important: The first semester of any higher institution is the most important and lay the required foundation for subsequent success. Some people take the view that they will coast through the first couple of years and then really turn it on in the final year when it matters most. This is not the path to success as it is easier to build on a strong foundation early on.

2. Read a course in a subject area you are interested in: This is one of the trickiest but most important tip to getting a high CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average). This is because changing economic situations make certain courses especially in science and technology more valuable in the job market. Whatever course you end up studying, give it your 100% and you never know the possibilities that might arise from it.

3. Go the extra mile: Most Lecturers and Professors only provide basic guidance for topics/assignments. As the master of your own destiny it is your responsibility to book time with your lecturers and make sure you have interpreted the question correctly and are on track with your research/school work. This extra effort is viewed favourably by lecturers and will be rewarded.

4. Find a study buddy: The reason is that you could be the smartest person in the world but chances are someone else is going to think of an idea that you wouldn’t have. Be careful though in choosing your buddies especially in avoiding the problems associated with peer pressure such as drugs and crime. Team/study groups are also valuable. However, beware of group work and plagiarism as lecturers can easily spot original work and usually reward accordingly.

5. Attend all lectures: Treat all your courses as important and give each course your 100% by attending lectures regularly. If you are continuously missing lectures because you are hung over or not working on assignments so you can hang out with your friends then things are probably not going to turn out well for you. Remember no-one with a first class degree ever wished they had partied more, but most people with a lower class degree wished they had studied more.

6. Time Management: There is no right time management method. However, find the right balance for yourself and schedule. You have to work hard, but you also have to find time to play/relax. Deadlines are extremely important in many parts of life but they are crucial if you want to achieve a first class degree. Penalties could exist for late work which could lead to a reduction in your grade. Call in favours, burn the midnight oil whatever it takes but make sure you get it in on time.

7. Limit social media : With the current popularity of social medias, students who spend much of their time online have a harder time concentrating in class, are usually distracted and have shorter attention spans, researchers found. Most of us are guilty of spending hours a day on social media. Imagine all the productive school work that can be done with that time.

Arewa Daily

3 Likes

Re: 7 Simple Steps To Achieve A First Class Degree – What Are Your Tips? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 12, 2014
Don't give up....no matter how hard ....never give up!

1 Like

Re: 7 Simple Steps To Achieve A First Class Degree – What Are Your Tips? by emmyw(m): 4:24pm On Jul 12, 2014
Nice tips
Re: 7 Simple Steps To Achieve A First Class Degree – What Are Your Tips? by Neroanna(f): 4:50pm On Jul 12, 2014
Interesting.....
Re: 7 Simple Steps To Achieve A First Class Degree – What Are Your Tips? by makkitush: 5:14pm On Jul 12, 2014
Front page pls.
Re: 7 Simple Steps To Achieve A First Class Degree – What Are Your Tips? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 12, 2014
With so many distractions,if one can still make a distinction,then he/she is a genius..I almost made 2:1,but.........................................................
Re: 7 Simple Steps To Achieve A First Class Degree – What Are Your Tips? by Hermanie(m): 6:16pm On Jul 12, 2014
Yomieluv: With so many distractions,if one can still make a distinction,then he/she is a genius..I almost made 2:1,but.........................................................

But you no make am
Re: 7 Simple Steps To Achieve A First Class Degree – What Are Your Tips? by G12(m): 10:03pm On Jul 12, 2014
the classroom is not enough abeg. students should expose themselves to the real world and learn to recognize and seize them. that ios more important than graduating with first class and at the end of the day competing for job space.

by the way, i must make you laff whether you like it or not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z8XZLqIMmw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vdC0i9uqRw
Re: 7 Simple Steps To Achieve A First Class Degree – What Are Your Tips? by walex2bad(m): 2:49am On Jul 13, 2014
Following thread.. #passionate for graduating with a first class#
Re: 7 Simple Steps To Achieve A First Class Degree – What Are Your Tips? by olupentane(m): 3:04am On Jul 13, 2014
nice....it's not always as easy as portrayed, the best is to graduate with what you can defend.

1 Like

Re: 7 Simple Steps To Achieve A First Class Degree – What Are Your Tips? by bhaliz44(m): 8:27am On Jul 13, 2014
i love this
Re: 7 Simple Steps To Achieve A First Class Degree – What Are Your Tips? by bhaliz44(m): 8:28am On Jul 13, 2014
i love this. thumbs up @op

Re: 7 Simple Steps To Achieve A First Class Degree – What Are Your Tips? by ITbomb(m): 12:01pm On Jul 13, 2014
Study past questions and join a fellowship especially one with good tutorials program

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The Result On My Transcript And On My Statement Of Result Clash..what Do I Do / Jigawa State School Of Nursing/ And Midwifery/ Form 2015/2016 Is Still On. / Breaking: A Snake Was Killed At Unilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.