Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Android Developers;which Service Do U Use For Push Notification? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Android Developers;which Service Do U Use For Push Notification? (952 Views)

What Softwares Are Used To Push Codes To A Live Website / Pls Which Sms Service Do You Recommend To Integrate / Which One Do U Use For Internet Browsing Zoom,multilinks,starcom,mtn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android Developers;which Service Do U Use For Push Notification? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 12, 2014
Please android developers in the house, I want to know the service you use when implementing push notification in your App?

I have heard of Netmera.com, PushWoosh.com, PushNotification.com, parse.com.

I want to known the one you use and why, and also how you teach your clients how to use it.
Re: Android Developers;which Service Do U Use For Push Notification? by skillforce: 9:22am On Jul 13, 2014
I once tried hiring some who has done something with push notification and yet to find one person. Your post now has 28views and zero reply, makes me wonder if there is a mobile dev in Nigeria who has done in-app push. Waiting to meet them too.
Re: Android Developers;which Service Do U Use For Push Notification? by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 13, 2014
I wonder.
Re: Android Developers;which Service Do U Use For Push Notification? by nollyj: 10:32am On Jul 13, 2014
I have only used Parse in a current app that I am working. I don't have experience working with others since I found the whole features (including push notifications) in parse very good.
Re: Android Developers;which Service Do U Use For Push Notification? by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 13, 2014
nollyj: I have only used Parse in a current app that I am working. I don't have experience working with others since I found the whole features (including push notifications) in parse very good.

is it easy to implement,and how would you explain it to a client you made an App for on how to use the service?
Re: Android Developers;which Service Do U Use For Push Notification? by guru01(m): 12:27pm On Jul 13, 2014
Parse.com is they way forward.
Used it And it's very. Easy to integrate.
Re: Android Developers;which Service Do U Use For Push Notification? by nollyj: 1:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
phatjoe50:

is it easy to implement,and how would you explain it to a client you made an App for on how to use the service?

It all depend on the requirement for the push notification

1. Time Based

2. Event based etc.

Also if you what it to be

Automatic

or

Manual through Parse Dashboard

I don't really get your question on how to explain it to a client. I think it should be part of the client's requirement that the app will send out notifications?

May be you need to make me understand it better
Re: Android Developers;which Service Do U Use For Push Notification? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
nollyj:

I don't really get your question on how to explain it to a client. I think it should be part of the client's requirement that the app will send out notifications?

May be you need to make me understand it better

You know not all client knows how to use such technology. I just want to know how u teach them to use it, let's say u developed an Application for a blogger.

Will you be the one to set the push time or will you teach the blogger how to set a push time for their App.

Thanks for your reply, I know my question is confusing.
Re: Android Developers;which Service Do U Use For Push Notification? by nollyj: 3:10pm On Jul 13, 2014
phatjoe50:

You know not all client knows how to use such technology. I just want to know how u teach them to use it, let's say u developed an Application for a blogger.

Will you be the one to set the push time or will you teach the blogger how to set a push time for their App.

Thanks for your reply, I know my question is confusing.

I think I do not have a direct answer to your question since in my understand it all depend on the function(s) that the push notification will serve. Like in your example (Blog), it can be automatic once a new blog post is published or once a day if there is any post that day.

So for me it will depend on system specification and that will determine if it will be automatic or manual.

But in a situation you want it to be manual (IMHO not the best), you can teach your client how to do it in Parse Dashboard for the application.

Hope it helps
Re: Android Developers;which Service Do U Use For Push Notification? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 13, 2014
nollyj:

Like in your example (Blog), it can be automatic once a new blog post is published or once a day if there is any post that day.

Can you implement automatic push notification with parse.com when there is a new blog post.
Re: Android Developers;which Service Do U Use For Push Notification? by 5hyguy: 8:01am On Jul 14, 2014
I use pushwoosh
Re: Android Developers;which Service Do U Use For Push Notification? by guru01(m): 9:56am On Jul 14, 2014
phatjoe50:

Can you implement automatic push notification with parse.com when there is a new blog post.
You can do that manually.

(1) (Reply)

Need Suggestions On Secure Remote Sql Database Access. / 14 Year Old Ahmed Arrested For Bringing A Homemade Clock To School / G3 Mobile Games Developers' Meetup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.