Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,899 members, 7,824,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) (4247 Views)

Yellow Light Of Death (ylod) On Ps3 / Where Can I Repair A PS4 Console In Abuja Or Lagos / Yellow Light Of Death (YLOD) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) by IyfeNamikaze(m): 11:03pm On Jul 12, 2014
Please guys i need your help urgently! please!

My playstation three console just developed the YLOD (yellow light of death) probem and i dont know what my chances are of repairing it or if it can be repaired at all.

I have read in some other forums about how to repair the problem but none of those forums were talking in naira because they are all foreign forums mostly USA, and the repair centres they were mentioning were also located in the US.

So fellow nairalanders can anyone PLEASE help me with tips on how to solve this problem or someone who knows how to repair the problem for me please.

MODS you can help me take this to the front page where it will get some attention . PLEASE PLEASE

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
Re: How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) by Dubby6(m): 11:54pm On Jul 12, 2014
Yellow light of death!! d p3 don die ni abi u wan raise dead tin? E get y dem name dat light ylod...btw i dnt av d answer to ur question, sorry
Re: How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) by IyfeNamikaze(m): 3:00pm On Jul 13, 2014
because its called yellow light of death doesn't mean that the ps3 can't be repaired again.
i have seen some demonstrations on youtue on how to on how to repair it permanently but i'm scared to open my game i might mess up somthing or lose some screws so thats why i need someone who knows his way around a ps3 mother board.
Re: How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) by purpinkx(m): 3:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
Sell it
Re: How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) by chukkynet(m): 9:11am On Jul 16, 2014
Sell it
Re: How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) by chukkynet(m): 9:13am On Jul 16, 2014
Do u wanna sell it? 08035267867
Re: How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) by IyfeNamikaze(m): 10:13am On Jul 16, 2014
i just repaired it already.
thanks for your advice

1 Like

Re: How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) by XVIER(m): 7:23pm On Jul 16, 2014
Pls how did you fix it
Re: How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) by IyfeNamikaze(m): 1:09pm On Aug 22, 2014
XVIER: Pls how did you fix it

xavier is that you?
Re: How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) by frankmoney(m): 12:47pm On Sep 26, 2014
Bros how did u fix it
Re: How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) by ebuksama(m): 11:13pm On Sep 26, 2014
IyfeNamikaze: i just repaired it already.
thanks for your advice
guy how pls share it
Re: How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) by kannymoore(m): 3:07am On Sep 28, 2014
Even if you've "fixed" it, that ps3 of yours wont last up to 4months before it finally packs up for good!
Id advise you use these next few months to save up for another console.

Cheers.
thanks for your advice
Re: How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) by IyfeNamikaze(m): 12:01pm On Sep 28, 2014
kannymoore: Even if you've "fixed" it, that ps3 of yours wont last up to 4months before it finally packs up for good!
Id advise you use these next few months to save up for another console.

Cheers.

that is if you didn't do it right
Re: How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) by kannymoore(m): 1:43pm On Sep 28, 2014
IyfeNamikaze:

Dude.. Take it from me. I've owned like 3. So I know what I'm talking about. I've done the hairdryer thingy.. Even done the thermal paste stuff too.
Oh well.. whatever rocks your boat though.

Goodluck with yur Gameplay. Cheers.
Re: How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) by frankmoney(m): 1:59pm On Sep 28, 2014
IyfeNamikaze:

bros how did u do it
Re: How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) by IyfeNamikaze(m): 3:44pm On Sep 28, 2014
kannymoore:

Dude.. Take it from me. I've owned like 3. So I know what I'm talking about. I've done the hairdryer thingy.. Even done the thermal paste stuff too.
Oh well.. whatever rocks your boat though.

Goodluck with yur Gameplay. Cheers.

have you tried lead? I knw someone who repaired his, and the game is still rocking since February.
Re: How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) by kannymoore(m): 4:22pm On Sep 28, 2014
IyfeNamikaze:

have you tried lead? I knw someone who repaired his, and the game is still rocking since February.

Since February??

Gee! Then he's one very lucky dude I must admit.
You say lead works?? How is it done? I've never heard of lead being used to resurrect dead Ps3's though.
I still have one YLOD ps3 with me.. In fact, its actually Red Light of Death right now due to its frequent "resurrections"
;-D I dunno if it'll work on mine sha..(The Lead technique I mean)
Re: How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) by Fresh85(m): 6:28pm On Sep 28, 2014
chukkynet: Do u wanna sell it? 08035267867

I have a busted ps3 slim for sale if u interested (had 3beeps n blinking red light)
Re: How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) by IyfeNamikaze(m): 6:32pm On Sep 28, 2014
kannymoore:

Since February??

Gee! Then he's one very lucky dude I must admit.
You say lead works?? How is it done? I've never heard of lead being used to resurrect dead Ps3's though.
I still have one YLOD ps3 with me.. In fact, its actually Red Light of Death right now due to its frequent "resurrections"
;-D I dunno if it'll work on mine sha..(The Lead technique I mean)

solder the defective chip with lead. the YLOD is mostly caused by over heating, so if you use anything that can easily melt to repair it, the problem will likely happen again. so thats why lead is the best method.
Re: How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) by swankylay(m): 9:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
Pls . mine just started tonight. Pls how did u fix it or who helped u fix it

thanks for your advice
Re: How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) by swankylay(m): 9:26pm On Sep 29, 2014
Hello guys, my ps3 just rlod / ylod. I played fifa14 on it for hours bfr switching off d console n now am ant to continue after like 2hrs+. It came up was loading n all of a sudden the rlod. Still got my disc inside sef. Pls how can i fix it and sell or even sell wtout fixing n how much will it goes for?
Re: How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) by nwakendo(m): 8:12am On Jul 04, 2015
plz help o....my ps3 just developed the yellow light of death problem.........I am in anambra state....if u know where I can repair it,plz tell me......07061946250
Re: How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 20, 2020
IyfeNamikaze:
i just repaired it already.
thanks for your advice

How did you do it bro. Kindly help me
Re: How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) by abiodunbright(m): 11:24am On Dec 25, 2020
ayobamiJR:

How did you do it bro. Kindly help me

I can fix it for you at a cheap rate 09023117488
Re: How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) by Abmoore1: 6:32pm On Jul 01, 2021
Wow
Re: How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) by Abmoore1: 6:34pm On Jul 01, 2021
abiodunbright:

I can fix it for you at a cheap rate 09023117488
where are you located?
Re: How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) by Abmoore1: 6:43pm On Jul 01, 2021
Pls guys I turned on my ps3 fat but it didn't turn on only blinking red light.. I unplugged it and plugged it back tried turning it on again but it did same thing turning on red light but this time it started making sound... what can I do? And will I be able to resell it?
Re: How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) by Emeka71(m): 4:45am On Jul 02, 2021
^Remove the cartridge and re-insert the thing repeatedly until the thing starts.
Re: How To Repair A Ps3 That Has The Yellow Light Of Death( YLOD) by abiodunbright(m): 2:52pm On Jul 02, 2021
Abmoore1:
where are you located?

Alaba international market, ojo Lagos state. Contact me on phone

(1) (Reply)

Pes 2020 Patch For XBOX 360 / Gaming Laptops Series (updated) / Games That Made My Java Phone Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.