Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

FIFA Should Scrap 3rd Place And 4th Place Game In The World Cup? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Should Scrap 3rd Place And 4th Place Game In The World Cup? (682 Views)

Brazil Vs Netherlands 3rd Place Match In Pictures / Brazil Vs Netherlands: World Cup 3rd Place (0 - 3) On 12th July 2014 / Mali Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 3rd Place (3 - 1) On 9th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA Should Scrap 3rd Place And 4th Place Game In The World Cup? by Wolison(m): 9:05am On Jul 13, 2014
Should FIFA scrap the third and fourth place games in the world cup?.....I totally concur to the scrapping!!!!........what do you think?
Re: FIFA Should Scrap 3rd Place And 4th Place Game In The World Cup? by Tolexander: 9:29am On Jul 13, 2014
Wolison: Should FIFA scrap the third and fourth place games in the world cup?.....I totally concur to the scrapping!!!!........what do you think?
give us reasons why you concur to it!

1 Like

Re: FIFA Should Scrap 3rd Place And 4th Place Game In The World Cup? by Tattooboy: 9:49am On Jul 13, 2014
no it shudnt be scrapped. This is world cup not Champions League.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Should Scrap 3rd Place And 4th Place Game In The World Cup? by Wolison(m): 9:53am On Jul 13, 2014
Tolexander: give us reasons why you concur to it!
it reduces the cost and will help to enhance the prize money for the winner and it will also depends more competitiveness in the game...I guess that's some of my candid reasons
Re: FIFA Should Scrap 3rd Place And 4th Place Game In The World Cup? by Wolison(m): 9:56am On Jul 13, 2014
Tattooboy: no it shudnt be scrapped. This is world cup not Champions League.
won't it make the semis and the quarter finals more interesting?.....teams giving their all, like the champions league
Re: FIFA Should Scrap 3rd Place And 4th Place Game In The World Cup? by Tattooboy: 10:06am On Jul 13, 2014
Wolison: won't it make the semis and the quarter finals more interesting?.....teams giving their all, like the champions league
it's a 'World tin' u know, like d olympics. Bronze cud be consolatory.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Should Scrap 3rd Place And 4th Place Game In The World Cup? by Wolison(m): 10:15am On Jul 13, 2014
Tattooboy: it's a 'World tin' u know, like d olympics. Bronze cud be consolatory.
u re right in ur own sense likewise I.....to me, I will say let them scrap the position
Re: FIFA Should Scrap 3rd Place And 4th Place Game In The World Cup? by Tolexander: 10:43am On Jul 13, 2014
Wolison: it reduces the cost
what cost? These matches are the ones generating the money.
Think about the money that will be generated by Fifa from sponsoring and airing the third place match and ticket sold for it.

and will help to enhance the prize money for the winner
the 'prize money for the winner' is already fixed and the inclusion of third place team won't affect it by reducing it

and it will also depends more competitiveness in the game...I guess that's some of my candid reasons
presence of the third place match brings about additional competition. Normally, the 2 losers in the 2 semi final matches are meant to leave the tournaments but the presence of third place creates another competition where the two teams will want and fight for trophy for the 3rd and more money than the loser in the match.

3rd position is also a glory to some teams most especially country like Portugal that made their debut and came 3rd at the Fifa world cup held in 1966 in England.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Should Scrap 3rd Place And 4th Place Game In The World Cup? by khattab02: 11:09am On Jul 13, 2014
Tolexander: what cost? These matches are the ones generating the money.
Think about the money that will be generated by Fifa for sponsoring and airing the third place match and ticket sold for it.

the 'prize money for the winner' is already fixed and the inclusion of third place team won't affect it by reducing it

presence of the third place match brings about additional competition. Normally, the 2 losers in the 2 semi final matches are meant to leave the tournaments but the presence of third place creates another competition where the two teams will want and fight for trophy for the 3rd and more money than the loser in the match.

3rd position is also a glory to some teams most especially country like Portugal that made their debut and came 3rd at the Fifa world cup held in 1966 in England.
gbam! Nice reasons!

Topic defeated, full stop .
Re: FIFA Should Scrap 3rd Place And 4th Place Game In The World Cup? by Tolexander: 11:22am On Jul 13, 2014
khattab02: gbam! Nice reasons!

Topic defeated, full stop .
no bro!
Topic hasn't been defeated. There may still be very many reasons o.
Re: FIFA Should Scrap 3rd Place And 4th Place Game In The World Cup? by Wolison(m): 1:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
Tolexander: what cost? These matches are the ones generating the money.
Think about the money that will be generated by Fifa from sponsoring and airing the third place match and ticket sold for it.

u win......but that was what I was thinking....if it could be fashioned to the likes of champions league and FA cup....but all the same, you re on point though many will still think otherwise!!

(1) (Reply)

Khedira Lowers Wage Demands / NFF Wants Me To Replace Keshi- German Coach / Keshi :No Shaking If I Am Asked To Leave!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.