Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,696 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

The Americans Fan Thread - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Americans Fan Thread (2271 Views)

Windeck Fan Thread. / [SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Keeping Up With The Kardashians (Fan Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Americans Fan Thread by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 13, 2014
I doubt you've ever heard about this show not to talk about watching it. But it's a TV series I first saw on Mnet last year right about that time when Mnet Series was split into three different Channels. It happens to be about two soviet union 'illegals' living as a wedded couple with kids in the US. And it was set in the 1980s during the cold war period when Ronald Reagan was still president. I'm a Tom Clancy fan, and when I saw this show... I didn't even care if it had a truly thrilling story line, if the characters were strong or if the dialogues were absolute nonsense. I just got spell bounded! Because it was just a very different kind of show, and just the kind I had always wanted to see. But..... I have never ever seen any other Nigerian who watches this show, even on Nairaland. And that's really surprising.. to a very large extent.
Re: The Americans Fan Thread by ennyboss(m): 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2014
Well you shouldn't conclude like that, have people that watched it, and I have even finished the second season, and I follow news on the series too.
Re: The Americans Fan Thread by khanivorous(f): 2:58pm On Jul 13, 2014
One of my best tv shows...

Waiting for season 3.....
Re: The Americans Fan Thread by chromatic: 5:50pm On Jul 13, 2014
Underrated show....I thought season 1 was good but damn..season 2 killed it!
Re: The Americans Fan Thread by RayMcBlue(m): 7:11pm On Jul 13, 2014
chromatic: Underrated show....I thought season 1 was good but damn..season 2 killed it!

You took the word right out of my mind. The American is one of those shows that flies under the radar, not because it ain't good - it's darn good - but because mostly the showrunners failed to market it properly to the audience. Most often than not, the season trailer advertising what to expect from the show, ends up blowing cold and the subsequently season premiere mediocre at best.

Sons Of Anarchy, Gang Related and The Americans are probably 3 of the hottest show on TV right now that not a lot of people are watching.
Re: The Americans Fan Thread by khanivorous(f): 10:42pm On Jul 13, 2014
RayMcBlue:

You took the word right out of my mind. The American is one of those shows that flies under the radar, not because it ain't good - it's darn good - but because mostly the showrunners failed to market it properly to the audience. Most often than not, the season trailer advertising what to expect from the show, ends up blowing cold and the subsequently season premiere mediocre at best.

Sons Of Anarchy, Gang Related and The Americans are probably 3 of the hottest show on TV right now that not a lot of people are watching.

Exactly
Sons of anarchy: av been following that tv show like flies of stool..can't wait for JAX TELLER next season

Gang related: javier acosta and his fish scale..pure GANG related

The americans: in a class of its own. The end of season one had a beautiful OST by legendary peter gabriel. AWESOME

1 Like

Re: The Americans Fan Thread by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 21, 2014
"Oh Clark, I love the way you love me. You don’t have to hide anything from me. I
even love your toupee."

Re: The Americans Fan Thread by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 21, 2014
I'll start watching this when I finish fargo. My sister recommended this show to me.

So many shows to watch. angry
Re: The Americans Fan Thread by Fourcade(m): 8:51am On Aug 22, 2014
SirChotas: "Oh Clark, I love the way you love me. You don’t have to hide anything from me. I
even love your toupee."
I was suprised she knew about the wig.I gave her one point there.They are certain types of sh1t an FBI Supervisor's Secretary is suppposed to take. . .but she takes them all.She believes everything Clark tells her.She may put on that 'i can't do this face' but still does it later. undecided
Re: The Americans Fan Thread by Fourcade(m): 8:57am On Aug 22, 2014
My best additions to Season 2 was Oleg and Agent Larrick.
Oleg cuz he looked innocent didnt know he was an intelligent guy.I like when he raps their language with Nina. smiley
Agent Larrick cuz immediately he was the real antagonist in Season 2,Our Lover Boy FBI agent was just beating around the bush. angry
As for Page and her 'pastor'. . .I'm pretty sure they are keeping their suprise for Season 3.
Re: The Americans Fan Thread by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 22, 2014
Fourcade:
I was suprised she knew about the wig.I gave her one point there.They are certain types of sh1t an FBI Supervisor's Secretary is suppposed to take. . .but she takes them all.She believes everything Clark tells her.She may put on that 'i can't do this face' but still does it later. :\

I was too o. And Her taking every bullshit Clark spins is love o, you know how they say it's blind shey?
Re: The Americans Fan Thread by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 22, 2014
adaobi123: I'll start watching this when I finish fargo. My sister recommended this show to me.

So many shows to watch. angry

You must have a lot of time on your hands though. Or mayhaps you get paid to watch tv shows? tongue
Re: The Americans Fan Thread by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 22, 2014
Fourcade: My best additions to Season 2 was Oleg and Agent Larrick.
Oleg cuz he looked innocent didnt know he was an intelligent guy.I like when he raps their language with Nina. smiley
Agent Larrick cuz immediately he was the real antagonist in Season 2,Our Lover Boy FBI agent was just beating around the bush. angry
As for Page and her 'pastor'. . .I'm pretty sure they are keeping their suprise for Season 3.

Emmett and Leanne's son nko? And I'm wondering about what will happen if Paige learns about what the center wants of her.
Re: The Americans Fan Thread by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 22, 2014
That time when Phillip lost it, tore Paige's bible and went to the church...
Re: The Americans Fan Thread by Fourcde: 6:29pm On Aug 22, 2014
Re: The Americans Fan Thread by Fourcde: 6:33pm On Aug 22, 2014
SirChotas:

I was too o. And Her taking every bullshit Clark spins is love o, you know how they say it's blind shey?

Too blind for my liking.Same goes for my FBI agent.

My other account was banned. angry
Re: The Americans Fan Thread by Fourcde: 6:38pm On Aug 22, 2014
SirChotas:

Emmett and Leanne's son nko? And I'm wondering about what will happen if Paige learns about what the center wants of her.
Their son was too dull for my liking. . .he really didnt do anything except for that final act!

I consider the rest of your post Spoilers! grin
Well she wants a cause,she will get one.She will get what she has been searching for! grin
Re: The Americans Fan Thread by Nobody: 4:12am On Nov 22, 2014
Yeah. Me too.

1 Like

Re: The Americans Fan Thread by Nobody: 12:04am On Jan 07, 2015
Philip: It would destroy her.
Elizabeth: To be like us?

Via: Facebook.com/theamericans

Re: The Americans Fan Thread by Fourcade(m): 7:17am On Jan 29, 2015
. . .and it's back! Fantastic January! grin

Banshee,Suits and now The Americans! smileyMy weekly shows are beginning to pile up.
Re: The Americans Fan Thread by Sultan5(m): 8:33pm On Jan 29, 2015
Abeg wer can i download season 1 i don find am tire
Re: The Americans Fan Thread by phantom(m): 9:09am On Feb 01, 2015
Sultan5:
Abeg wer can i download season 1 i don find am tire
movie4k.to
Re: The Americans Fan Thread by Sultan5(m): 12:59pm On Feb 02, 2015
phantom:
movie4k.to
Tanks a million bro

1 Like

Re: The Americans Fan Thread by Fourcade(m): 6:25pm On Mar 12, 2015
. . .You are more like me than you know. . .
Re: The Americans Fan Thread by Fourcade(m): 7:17pm On Mar 26, 2015
Nina is the perfect spy and has definitely found something that can save her äss. . .
Martha is still suspicious and i suspect Stan's colleague will break her. . . sad
Re: The Americans Fan Thread by Odkboy23(m): 4:43am On Apr 01, 2015
The Americans has been renewed for a fourth season.......
Re: The Americans Fan Thread by Fourcade(m): 8:27am On Apr 05, 2015
Odkboy23:
The Americans has been renewed for a fourth season.......
I have been waiting for this.It's good that it was renewed,i'm tired of the crap churned out this last year.

1 Like

Re: The Americans Fan Thread by Fourcade(m): 8:31am On Apr 05, 2015
Paige is halfway in. . .she would be a great asset to Elizabeth and Phillip.
Stan has beem dull this season,the only thing he's got right so far is the Russian spy.He should look into Martha,we will be guararanteed some action there. smiley
Re: The Americans Fan Thread by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 30, 2015
FX is shifting Season 4 to March for some OJ Simpson show. I'm mad!!!
Re: The Americans Fan Thread by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 30, 2015
Paige is going to get her parents in big trouble. Of course they won't die since the story is supposedly primarily about their marriage.

It's what happens when you think you're stronger than you really are tho. Paige is a pretty foolish girl. She falls too easily for the pseudo- big, bold and brave claptrap. Why are teenagers {who think of themselves as smarter than others} always like this?
Re: The Americans Fan Thread by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 05, 2016
Returns, 16th March.
Re: The Americans Fan Thread by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 14, 2018
This show probably means a lot more to me than it does to most people. It was my first genuine introduction to the TV art form which I have come to love these recent years. I had always watched TV before The Americans. But it was almost always the usual fluffy stuff on Broadcast Networks. The Americans was my introduction to the amazing world of cable TV. Watched it on an actual physical TV too, back in the day when people watched TV Shows on physical TV sets, before the proliferation of mobile screens, and then the shortening of our collective attention spans. Last year when I saw S05, I imagined that eventually when this show ended this year, I would have a fitting ode to write. Instead, this was me a few hours ago watching the series finale:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Behind The Scenes Photos From "Star Wars," , And Other Classics / Spring Anime 2017: Hinako Note. / Toy Story 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.