Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Bonus Row Affected Super Eagles---arsene Wenger - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bonus Row Affected Super Eagles---arsene Wenger (874 Views)

Nigerian Ambassador To South Africa Hosts Super Eagles Team At His House. Pics / Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bonus Row Affected Super Eagles---arsene Wenger by sokarsenal(m): 2:21pm On Jul 13, 2014
Speaking to British media, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has
opined that Nigeria failed to progress to the last eight of the World
Cup, which comes to a climax on Sunday evening, because of
administrative lapses.
Though this has been played down by team officials, the Super
Eagles were involved in a bonus row with the Nigeria Federation
before they took on France in the second round, with the players
refusing to train four days before the clash in Brasilia.
'I don’t think it’s purely down to quality. I think it comes down to
organisational problems before the World Cup and during the World
Cup,'' the Frenchman told the online edition of Daily Mirror.
He added : ''I think what hurt football fans both in Cameroon and
Nigeria–two big footballing nations – was not that their countries did
not reach the quarter-finals, it was the fact that both teams had no
solidarity and they had problems that were exposed all over the
world before the competition and that’s the main reason.
''Football is difficult enough when you are united but if you are not
united at that stage then you have no chance.''
It has been reported that the players were awake till 2.30am on the
day of the meeting with France, sharing funds that had been flown
in from Nigeria by the Federal Government the previous day.

1 Like

Re: Bonus Row Affected Super Eagles---arsene Wenger by ClintonNzedimma(m): 2:25pm On Jul 13, 2014
Just watching
Re: Bonus Row Affected Super Eagles---arsene Wenger by experimentist: 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2014
Wenger no be only you waka come
Re: Bonus Row Affected Super Eagles---arsene Wenger by sokarsenal(m): 2:58pm On Jul 13, 2014
But he's saying the truth.....imagine having meetings till 2am of a matchday just because of money......its ridiculous

2 Likes

Re: Bonus Row Affected Super Eagles---arsene Wenger by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 13, 2014
I completely agree with Wenger

I honestly believe that if possible players representing Nigeria should made to sign an undertaken in future that if they create a crisis it will be treated as criminal offence

The only thing that gives us happiness should not be taken away from us because of greed!

There are footballers out there willing to play for Nigeria and wait until after the tournament to talk about bonuses!

This is why sometimes I am disappointed in Oliseh for defending the players
Re: Bonus Row Affected Super Eagles---arsene Wenger by morhsuud22(m): 3:45pm On Jul 13, 2014
Most of those players didn't even fight for the shirt
Re: Bonus Row Affected Super Eagles---arsene Wenger by sokarsenal(m): 4:26pm On Jul 13, 2014
mikeansy: I completely agree with Wenger

I honestly believe that if possible players representing Nigeria should made to sign an undertaken in future that if they create a crisis it will be treated as criminal offence

The only thing that gives us happiness should not be taken away from us because of greed!

There are footballers out there willing to play for Nigeria and wait until after the tournament to talk about bonuses!

This is why sometimes I am disappointed in Oliseh for defending the players
. Seriously it is disheartening....but those players willing to play for Nigeria and wait for bonus...would get corrupt when they enter this system....the problem is in the mentality of the system currently

(1) (Reply)

10 Memorable Moments Of Brazil's 2014 World Cup / How Fifa Messed The World Cup Finale / Glasgow 2014: Commowealth Games (starts today 23-07-2014)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.