Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,973 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Is The Global Financial Crisis A Hoax? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The Global Financial Crisis A Hoax? (2929 Views)

Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Global Financial Crisis A Hoax? by oldie(m): 4:39pm On Oct 09, 2008
I am beginning to think it is
I think some smart people out there are trying to scare everybody.
Methinks some rich cats have withdrawn some huge money from the system,
create the pre-determined situation and make so much money out of the chaos and restore the status quo
Knowing that the present American, British and Japenese governments are almost lameducks

Coming back home, the senate is negotiating a N300bn bail-out!
Bail-out from what?
Who benefit from this bail-out?
Same set of people
And what happens to the average Nigerian?

What do you think?
Re: Is The Global Financial Crisis A Hoax? by Fhemmmy: 6:22pm On Oct 09, 2008
I dont think it is.
The world is going through some kinda of sickness in the economy, and needs some medication from the govts, the G& leader i blv are meeting this week to find a way out.
However, the stimulus packages wont even affect the economy for another months to come.
Re: Is The Global Financial Crisis A Hoax? by texazzpete(m): 6:34pm On Oct 09, 2008
oldie:

create the pre-determined situation and make so much money out of the chaos and restore the status quo
Knowing that the present American, British and Japenese governments are almost lameducks

Bail-out from what?
Same set of people

What do you think?

Markets are going down, economies are crashing. Banks are going bankrupt, hundreds of thousands of jobs are being cut. Oil prices are crashing, heads of State are frantically calling meetings, Wall Street in turmoil. . .in short the whole financial world is going up in flames.
And you think it's all a 'hoax'

I think you aren't bright enough to think for yourself.
Re: Is The Global Financial Crisis A Hoax? by Kobojunkie: 6:42pm On Oct 09, 2008
Yep, it is all a hoax!!! Now we can all sleep soundly.
Re: Is The Global Financial Crisis A Hoax? by doyin13(m): 6:47pm On Oct 09, 2008
Its a hoax insofar as things are not worse than there were when the times were good

All of a sudden, the world seems to realise it is overleveraged and everyone is worried counterparties
will not be able to service their debts regardless of what credit rating they have.

Hogwash.

Anyways nobody panic. . . . .Until one of the lenders to the most indebted entity in the world(namely the United States)
starts to wonder if it will get paid.

Then people, be afraid, be very afraid.  . . . . . .Buhahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Re: Is The Global Financial Crisis A Hoax? by texazzpete(m): 6:55pm On Oct 09, 2008
doyin13:

Its a hoax insofar as things are not worse than there were when the times were good

All of a sudden, the world seems to realise it is overleveraged and everyone is worried counterparties
will not be able to service their debts regardless of what credit rating they have.

Hogwash.

Anyways nobody panic. . . . .Until one of the lenders to the most indebted entity in the world(namely the United States)
starts to wonder if it will get paid.

Then people, be afraid, be very afraid.  . . . . . .Buhahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Brilliant!
In a few short words you have managed to defuse and decipher the global financial crisis, something hundreds of experienced analysts and economists have failed to resolve.
Kindly proceed to Geneva to collect your Nobel Prize.
Re: Is The Global Financial Crisis A Hoax? by debosky(m): 6:58pm On Oct 09, 2008
It is no hoax - things are MUCH worse than when times were 'good' - millions of people have spent more than they can repay, thousands of bankers/lenders have made loans which are not repayable, sold them off to unknowing buyers halfway around the world, and governments have continually relied on more spending to grow economies, not increased productivity per se.

Couple all that with an natural cyclical slowdown in world economies, inflated commodity and energy prices, greedy traders/bankers and a generous dose of fear/paranoia and you have the current mess.

Its not going to be pretty and a heck of a lot of people are still going to be badly affected before this storm dies down - things might never be the same again in the world financial systems.

Note: The senate/government has denied any involvement in a 'bailout' - there is essentially nothing to bail out anyways, Nigerian stocks are simply observing a natural correction cycle after years of bumper growth in share prices not backed by commensurate economic/earnings growth. Speculation and bank loans caused this mess and things have to return to order.

Interestingly enough, there is little/no connection between Nigeria's mini-slump in the stock market and the wider financial crisis rocking the world.
Re: Is The Global Financial Crisis A Hoax? by Fhemmmy: 7:01pm On Oct 09, 2008
No wonder we are in a mess in Nigeria, If this are the future of Nigeria.
Re: Is The Global Financial Crisis A Hoax? by DisGuy: 7:03pm On Oct 09, 2008
what I don't get with the Nigerian 'bail-out' is what/who exactly do they want to bail out?
hope they are not doing it for the sake of doing it
I had the misfortune of watching the senate/house of assembly yesterday
and all the could do was refer to the American bail-out with no real explanations
or understanding of what is happening exactly!

The companies are declaring profit, there is liquidity in the market
Apart from their foreign credit line I don't know what more they need
help with at the moment, tehse companies dont have bad loans tied to mortgages
their loans are tied to stock trading and i'm sure they can restructure without a bail-out!
Re: Is The Global Financial Crisis A Hoax? by Sauron1: 7:03pm On Oct 09, 2008
[
oldie:

Bail-out from what?
Same set of people

What do you think?

Jesus Wept!!! cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Is The Global Financial Crisis A Hoax? by oldie(m): 7:31pm On Oct 09, 2008
texazzpete:

Markets are going down, economies are crashing. Banks are going bankrupt, hundreds of thousands of jobs are being cut. Oil prices are crashing, heads of State are frantically calling meetings, Wall Street in turmoilin short the whole financial world is going up in flames.
And you think it's all a 'hoax'

I think you aren't bright enough to think for yourself.

The recent events have shown that the people managing the economy are not that very bright!
Or they are bloody crooks
Nobody saw this coming?
It is strange.

B T W, you don't have to be too bright to make money from the system
Crooks make quick and more money from the system than the bright ones!
Re: Is The Global Financial Crisis A Hoax? by DisGuy: 7:34pm On Oct 09, 2008
oldie:

between, you don't have to be too bright to make money from the system
Crooks make quick and more money from the system than the bright ones!

True especially the Nigerian one!! some share certificates are still in their office after 12months!!!
Re: Is The Global Financial Crisis A Hoax? by oldie(m): 7:50pm On Oct 09, 2008
I still think this is a global 419
How come only the banks and mortgage houses are hit
Some people are manipulating the system and hitting the vulnerables
to have the desired effect
How come the blue chips are not tumbling?

Can someone educate me more?
Re: Is The Global Financial Crisis A Hoax? by doyin13(m): 7:54pm On Oct 09, 2008
debosky:

It is no hoax - things are MUCH worse than when times were 'good' - millions of people have spent more than they can repay, thousands of bankers/lenders have made loans which are not repayable, sold them off to unknowing buyers halfway around the world, and governments have continually relied on more spending to grow economies, not increased productivity per se.

Couple all that with an natural cyclical slowdown in world economies, inflated commodity and energy prices, greedy traders/bankers and a generous dose of fear/paranoia and you have the current mess.

Its not going to be pretty and a heck of a lot of people are still going to be badly affected before this storm dies down - things might never be the same again in the world financial systems.

Note: The senate/government has denied any involvement in a 'bailout' - there is essentially nothing to bail out anyways, Nigerian stocks are simply observing a natural correction cycle after years of bumper growth in share prices not backed by commensurate economic/earnings growth. Speculation and bank loans caused this mess and things have to return to order.

Interestingly enough, there is little/no connection between Nigeria's mini-slump in the stock market and the wider financial crisis rocking the world.

Things are worse you say Debo. . . . . .

Where countries have national debts running more than 50% of GDP and have been
for ages. Iceland is just unfortunate it happens to be small enough to fail. Who is going to
dare call in the loans made to the likes of France. The world is built on leverage and has been ever since the
glorious years post the second world war.

Productivity is still at an all time high in the United states, and but for the recent collapse of the
construction industry, the jobless rate in the States would still be on the low side. Even at that, there
is no chance there would be wholesale defaults by people on their mortgages or on their credit card debts.

So KINI BIG DEAL.

texazzpete:

Brilliant!
In a few short words you have managed to defuse and decipher the global financial crisis, something hundreds of experienced analysts and economists have failed to resolve.
Kindly proceed to Geneva to collect your Nobel Prize.

hehehehehehe grin grin

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. . . . .

Bloody scrotum sack
Re: Is The Global Financial Crisis A Hoax? by jaybee3(m): 8:33pm On Oct 09, 2008
@oldie
if you don't understand the current tumoil in the financial sector then I'd advice you to ask so u can be enlightened.
Re: Is The Global Financial Crisis A Hoax? by oldie(m): 9:03pm On Oct 09, 2008
jay bee:

@oldie
if you don't understand the current tumoil in the financial sector then I'D advice you to ask so u can be enlightened.

Thats what I just did
Can you explain the "global" financial crisis is all about?
In a layman's language
And when you are at it, answer my previous questions
Re: Is The Global Financial Crisis A Hoax? by texazzpete(m): 10:32pm On Oct 09, 2008
oldie:

Thats what I just did
Can you explain the "global" financial crisis is all about?
In a layman's language
And when you are at it, answer my previous questions

Your initial post was more about insinuating that the crisis is a hoax, despite the overwhelming evidence the contrary.
Hopefully someone more well versed in financial matters explains this to you so you see the gravity of the situation.

If no one else steps up, i'll try and dig up a good answer. it'll benefit me too.
doyin13:

Things are worse you say Debo. . . . . .

Where countries have national debts running more than 50% of GDP and have been
for ages. Iceland is just unfortunate it happens to be small enough to fail. Who is going to
dare call in the loans made to the likes of France. The world is built on leverage and has been ever since the
glorious years post the second world war.

No one is saying France will collapse, or the US will collapse. What is happening is that banks in the US, UK and many EU countries are going under. The Markets are taking big hits and many companies are going bust. Along with the demise of the banks, many depositors lose money, many shares portfolios and pension funds lose lots of value. Panic sets in and people are selling and divesting as quick as they can. That is where the crisis comes from. Jobs are being lost like wildfire.
No one is talking about calling in loans made to countries. People are talking about the Global markets taking hit after hit, about people losing life savings, about reduced demand for goods and a spreading fear of the banking sector collapse.

doyin13:

Bloody scrotum sack

Had i not been informed that you reserve this line for close family members, i might have been offended.
Re: Is The Global Financial Crisis A Hoax? by doyin13(m): 11:26pm On Oct 09, 2008
texazzpete:

No one is saying France will collapse, or the US will collapse. What is happening is that banks in the US, UK and many EU countries are going under. The Markets are taking big hits and many companies are going bust. Along with the demise of the banks, many depositors lose money, many shares portfolios and pension funds lose lots of value. Panic sets in and people are selling and divesting as quick as they can. That is where the crisis comes from. Jobs are being lost like wildfire.
No one is talking about calling in loans made to countries. People are talking about the Global markets taking hit after hit, about people losing life savings, about reduced demand for goods and a spreading fear of the banking sector collapse.

The only institutions that are collapsing are banks. . . . .companies from other sectors of the economy aren't

The point I have been trying to make is. . . . . .the world is no more leveraged than it was two to three years ago
when banks and even hedge funds were lending at close to zero percent.
Re: Is The Global Financial Crisis A Hoax? by texazzpete(m): 11:55pm On Oct 09, 2008
doyin13:

The only institutions that are collapsing are banks. . . . .companies from other sectors of the economy aren't

The point I have been trying to make is. . . . . .the world is no more leveraged than it was two to three years ago
when banks and even hedge funds were lending at close to zero percent.

And who do banks lend money to?
Who do banks give money to?
Whose money do banks store?

Ans: Everyone out there. Other companies in other sectors. It's a domino effect.
One bank goes down, thousands of small businesses are threatened. Market declines sharply, stock portfolio drops like a rock.
Shares of companies like Toyota and Nintendo are down in Japan. Not because these companies are threatened, but for fear that since this financial woes started, consumers will hold off buying new cars. As banks become unwilling or unable to hand out loans, sales of cars, plasma TVs and other luxury good will be threatened.

It doesn't stop at the banks alone. You have to consider what the effect is on the financial market in it's entirety. Why do u think the US government could not let AIG fail?
Re: Is The Global Financial Crisis A Hoax? by doyin13(m): 6:03am On Oct 10, 2008
texazzpete:

And who do banks lend money to?
Who do banks give money to?
Whose money do banks store?

Ans: Everyone out there. Other companies in other sectors. It's a domino effect.
One bank goes down, thousands of small businesses are threatened. Market declines sharply, stock portfolio drops like a rock.
Shares of companies like Toyota and Nintendo are down in Japan. Not because these companies are threatened, but for fear that since this financial woes started, consumers will hold off buying new cars. As banks become unwilling or unable to hand out loans, sales of cars, plasma TVs and other luxury good will be threatened.

It doesn't stop at the banks alone. You have to consider what the effect is on the financial market in it's entirety. Why do u think the US government could not let AIG fail?

Well if one looked at the equity markets alone, one would think the roof is about to cave in.

But it has become obvious no bank will be allowed to fail anymore so the falls in stock prices
are largely irrational.

Even more irrational is the reticence of the banks to lend to each other despite the assurances by
the Fed and other central banks in the world that it would do everything in its power to ensure liquidity
in the system as well as  the rescue plan which would buy all the toxic assets on the banks books that has given
them the jitters.

I maintain, the worse case scenario isn't even close. Sovereign wealth funds all over the world
have trillions of dollars and there is no bed in the world under which that amount of dough will be kept. These monies
have to be invested and very soon, people will start to look at equities again when they realise the yields on Fed Treasuries
are piss poor relative to other securities.
Re: Is The Global Financial Crisis A Hoax? by jaybee3(m): 10:02am On Oct 10, 2008
The crisis is now spilling over to other sectors.
Dow's 600+ point fall yesterday was largely due to a downgrade by standard and poors on GM (General Motors owner of ford, hummer, land rover). Just imagine that their shares is currently at the same level it was @ in the 1950's meaning if you bought their shares in the 50's the value will be zero @ that moment.

You really need to pay close attention to the world economies as the governments have actually started forward planning in terms of mass unemployment. In the Uk, they are training job centre staffs on how to handle the influx of unemployed people. They are even willing to pay for unemployed people's mortgage of up to £175k after being on the dole for 13 or so weeks.

I really do feel though that the market does need this massive correction as the era of massive bonuses and wage inflation ought to be eradicated.
Look @ petrol prices, they have suddenly dropped from the highs seen not to long ago to barely the lowest levels seen over a year ago (brent crude is currently trading below $80 per barrel)
The major currencies are currently free falling and you still think it's an hoax. The relationship with major currencies and the market is for example;
if the value of dollar v yen is "98.01" meaning the yen has risen considerably higher to levels not seen in ages. It will affect the japanese economy because a high currency will make export fees considerably higher to america as most of their manufacturing companies export their goods to the number 1 consumer (USA)

Another big implication of this crisis is banks unwilling to lower the "LIBOR" rate (interest rate at which banks lend each other money) cause of lack in trust (no bank would want to lend its competitor money when the bank seeking for loan might actually be exposed to the sub-prime mortgage crises which could eventually lead to collapse of the bank cos of dried up funds)
Banks need to borrow each oothermoney so the economy can function properly in terms of people getting mortgages, being able to get deserved credits, small business being able to function properly. All these are the main component of growth in employment which in turns feeds into the annual growth of any economy)

All is not lost though. My advice for people in america is to buy GM shares as i strongly believe the FED/government will not let it go bankrupt as they employ quite a lot of people and if its ever allowed to happen will send shiver down through the already tense market.

As per Nigeria, all markets are related one way or the other. Nigerian banks might not be exposed to the financial crises but slow down in other key factors like (crude oil, some soft commodities will definitely affect the emerging markest like Nigeria)

I hope you can understand my rambles. Please do feel free to come back with any other questions if still unclear
Re: Is The Global Financial Crisis A Hoax? by doyin13(m): 10:40am On Oct 10, 2008
The problem in the automotive industry is not GM's alone.
Even the rampaging Toyota has suffered steep losses in market shares
and its stock price as well as those of the other big auto makers in Japan
are at the vanguard of the freefalling Nikkei

Oil coming down should be seen as a good thing cause it was largely responsible
for the higher headline inflation numbers that particularly held the unbelievably hawkish
and irrational ECB president in check.

You do have a point, the excesses of the recent credit bubble need to be extinguished from
the system, that said, not at the alarming irrational rate at which the process is going at the moment.

All it would take is for some contrarians to take bullish bets on select equities and we might be going up
almost as fast as we have come down.
Re: Is The Global Financial Crisis A Hoax? by jaybee3(m): 11:59am On Oct 10, 2008
doyin13:

The problem in the automotive industry is not GM's alone.
Even the rampaging Toyota has suffered steep losses in market shares
and its stock price as well as those of the other big auto makers in Japan
are at the vanguard of the freefalling Nikkei

Any bad news on GM (number 1 automaker) will surely bring down stocks. Do you know the weighting of GM in DOW jones index? Japanese automakers will fall because of the slowdown in the US market (remember their number 1 export destination)

Oil coming down should be seen as a good thing cause it was largely responsible
for the higher headline inflation numbers that particularly held the unbelievably hawkish
and irrational ECB president in check.

Yes oil prices coming down is a good thing looking @ it from consumer's point of view. But looking @ the other end it might lead to deep and troubling political, economic and environmental consequences
Cheap oil will probably bankrupt the small oil producers and oil equipment companies (I know we had be talking about an alarming cheap rate somewhere in the region of $30 - $40 per barrel)
Cheap oil will further increased the dependence of the West, on foreign oil imports, resulting in larger trade deficits. Do you know that several studies have indicated that there is a negative correlation between the fluctuations in the oil price and the gross national product of Western countries. From 1982 to 1986, when oil prices were high, the economies of the U.S, Japan and Western Europe were expanding, whereas the second half of '80s, when prices collapsed, it was marked by recession.

Development of oil reserves is tied to the global economy. Oil-producing countries must maintain a high level of revenue from oil sales if they are to continue developing their infrastructures and industrial basis, and at the same time invest in their oil industries to maintain and develop their resources to meet worldwide demand. All of this means more jobs in the West, since the oil producers rely on the West for the necessary technology.
Finally, consider the environmental effects of cheap oil. The main culprit of air pollution is fossil fuels, mainly oil, which in the U.S. accounts for 85% of fuel use. There are hidden costs of cheap oil, which we pay for through air and water pollution, global warming and acid rain.
Cheap oil induces people to overuse it and thus discourages development of alternative sources of energy that are environmentally friendly. It affects the economy negatively. It costs us huge sums in health care. It causes social and political instability abroad.

You do have a point, the excesses of the recent credit bubble need to be extinguished from
the system, that said, not at the alarming irrational rate at which the process is going at the moment.
I actually told my friends when dow was close to 14000 that we were due a big correction because everything didn't just add up (all the fundamentals were wrong (high inflation & slowing growth)
Funny thing is i was bearish in dow and had about 10 stakes in it which if i was to cash out would have given me a whopping profit of over £50k (not bad for a side job as i am a casual trader)

All it would take is for some contrarians to take bullish bets on select equities and we might be going up
almost as fast as we have come down.
I won't be 2 confident on that front as the undermining fundamentals of the markets will still remain:

Ongoing part nationalisation of banks (Icelandic banks are being nationalised and it was quoted that some government departments in the UK have exposure of close to 1billion pounds in the iceland bank debargo)

Growth forecast in the good old US of A is not going to change overnight. In fact the current forecast is the next 3 quarters is somewhere in the region of 0 to negative growth

Companies will continue to struggle to meet quarterly forcasts of the financial reports.
Can you just imagine yahoo's shares are currently @ 13 or so dollars when microsoft actually wanted to buy it for $33 per share about 3 or so months ago.

House prices will continue to fall as people will continue to default on their mortgage payment cos of loss of employment/income.

Re: Is The Global Financial Crisis A Hoax? by Gekko(m): 1:43pm On Oct 10, 2008
Ripped directly from RonPaul.com, this may answer some of questions about the US financial crisis
wink

Henry Ford once said, “It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.”

Are you confused by all the talk about monetary policy, fiat money and inflation? You’re not alone. Bankers and politicians have worked hand in hand for many decades to obscure their activities from the public. They hide behind elaborate structures designed to inflate the money supply while creating the false impression that they are looking out for our best interests.

Inflation is a very simple concept to understand: More money = less value. It seem contradictory but it’s very straightforward.

For illustration purposes, join me on a brief journey of the imagination. One beautiful morning, you wake up and realize that you own twice as much cash as you had just last night. Magic money elves entered your home and bank account and simply doubled your entire cash assets. You’re now twice as wealthy (or half as poor as the case may be).

But you soon realize that the same thing happened to everyone else in the country. The money supply (total amount of money) has doubled! It’s just a one-time event and your regular income remains the same… you just got lucky this one time. It’s okay to dream, so stay with me.

What happens next? If you’re like most people, you probably start spending. You buy things you always wanted to buy but couldn’t afford. You pay back some debts. You buy stocks. In other words, you put the new money into circulation. So do most other people in the country.

Demand for many products increases because a lot more people can afford them now. Consumers are buying so much stuff that some shortages occur. To protect themselves against these shortages, shops and businesses decide to increase their prices. They know that once prices go up, fewer people will be competing to buy the same products, and the situation will be back to normal.

As a side effect of these higher prices, shop owners start earning higher profits than usual. They have more money in their bank accounts, which allows them to increase their spending. They will invest in new stock or expand their business. They might pay out dividends to their investors and bonuses to their employees, allowing these people to buy more products as well. This additional demand puts even more pressure on other shops to increase their prices.

A few weeks later, prices of almost everything have gone up. Suppliers and manufacturers are faced with the same threat of too much sudden demand from their clients so they too decide to start charging more.

You went on a one-time buying spree and look what happened! Your income stayed the same, but after a few weeks you can suddenly no longer afford the products you used to buy all the time because all prices in the economy have gone up.

Naturally, you demand a higher salary from your employer. If you’re self-employed or in business, you have to charge your customers more money just so that you can maintain your standard of living. Everyone else is in the same situation. Higher prices keep spreading throughout the entire economy, and it’s getting more and more difficult to make a living.

Can you see how this lucky one-time incident which at first seemed so exciting was extremely harmful not just for you but for the entire country? You briefly had a good time but now you’re worse off than before. In our story there are now twice as many dollars in circulation, but your income remains the same and each dollar you earn is worth only about half as much as it used to be. You’re really hoping for those money elves to come back.

Let’s stop dreaming and look at the reality of things. What if I told you that these “money elves” do exist and that they spring into action not just once in a lifetime, but every couple of weeks? And that they repeatedly give money to their closest friends, but not to you? That prices are going up because the total amount of money in circulation increases, but that you’re missing out on all the fun?

Well, that’s inflation at work. Who benefits from inflation? Only those who are at the top of the pyramid and receive all that new money directly from the source. As you might have guessed by now, the source is the Federal Reserve, and its recipients include the government which “borrows” a lot of new money each year, without any intention of ever paying it back. Another beneficiary these days are failed banks that are being “bailed out” for the good of the “economy”, or defense contractors that receive money to build up our military so we can have a constant presence all over the world and fight never-ending and unnecessary wars.

What, then, is fiat money? It’s exactly what we just talked about: money that can be inflated or increased at the push of a button at the say-so of a powerful person or organization. Nowadays most dollars are just blimps on a computer screen and it’s extremely easy for the Federal Reserve to create money out of thin air whenever they want to.

If our money were backed by gold and silver, people couldn’t just sit in some fancy building and push a button to create new money. They would have to risk their lives and assets to find a suitable spot to build a gold mine, then get dirty and sweaty and actually dig up the gold. Not something I can imagine our “money elves” at the Fed getting down to whenever they feel like playing God with the economy.

As you can see, inflation and fiat money are very seductive and beneficial to those at the top, and very dangerous to everyone else and the nation as a whole. That’s exactly what Henry Ford was talking about. He knew that every country that relies too much on fiat money is ruined sooner rather than later.

There is only one possible solution to the inflation problem: Stop creating money out of thin air. But we’re already in such a mess that the only way to have a real impact on the money supply is to increase interest rates so that people pay back their loans and borrow less money from the banks, which decreases the amount of money in circulation. However, higher interest rates might very well crash the economy. So the Fed’s current “solution” to overcoming inflation is… creating even more of it.

Fiat money is a dangerous addiction. Even if the Fed found a way to stop inflation, as long as the current system persists the temptation will always be there to resume pushing the easy money button. That’s why we need to get back on the gold standard and eliminate the Federal Reserve altogether.

But that won’t happen “before tomorrow morning” or even this year. Ron Paul believes that the first step towards monetary freedom is to allow open competition in currencies. Once gold and silver are allowed as legal tender and can be sold without sales tax, everyone can use them to store their wealth and to pay for the things they want to buy. The Federal Reserve will finally have a very compelling motivation to stay honest and maintain the value of the dollar because if they don’t, they will simply lose all their customers.

Ron Paul has been an advocate of the gold standard and open competition in currencies for many years. He is the Federal Reserve’s most outspoken opponent in Congress and has frequently questioned Alan Greenspan and Ben Bernanke about the Fed’s actions.

Join the Ron Paul Revolution and help us put the Fed where it belongs: into the history books and out of our financial lives.
Re: Is The Global Financial Crisis A Hoax? by oldie(m): 3:20pm On Oct 10, 2008
Great post Gekko
That was what I was alluding to!
People at the financial pyramid are colluding to manipulate the global financial system!
I think they have one/two objectives
One, to change the fat cows at the helm of the pyramid and replace them with themselves or others
Two, change the global financial power base (US)!

It is getting obvious from all these that US, has seized to become the apex of the financial world
There are other emerging power houses - China and Russia and to some lesser extent, Germany, India and Brazil
The sooner we realised this, the better for all

I am not a financial expert o!

(1) (Reply)

How James Ibori Bankrupted Intercontinental And Oceanic Banks / School Fees In Federal And State Universities In Nigeria / The Unity And Oneness Of The Old Eastern Region

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.