Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,051 members, 7,838,653 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Lessons Learned From Kefee's Burial Ground - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lessons Learned From Kefee's Burial Ground (2918 Views)

Pictures From Kefee’s Service Of Songs / Kefee's Burial Arrangement Announced*so Sad* / Personal Branding Lessons Learned From D'banj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lessons Learned From Kefee's Burial Ground by blowgist: 12:40pm On Jul 14, 2014
Death, forever the bane of humankind, has a stark finality to it that makes reality seem, can I say, er, real. Once again, another shining Nigerian star gets cut in their prime by mysterious causes that only can be dealt with via the study of medicine, but even at that we are still in the dark over the death.

As the first drops of earth touched the lid of the casket that bore the remains of what was once the energetic and creative gospel singer, Kefee, I could not but feel the weight of what was happening. Milling all around, people wailed. Not the hurried tears devoted to the newly-departed, no. There have been time enough for that.

This time, the tears were swift and heavy, and the voices loud, because acceptance finally struck home. Kefee, was going to dust, and we all are left alone, with nothing but memories and a legacy of souvenirs, that time will erode, as usual. Death had happened to Kefee, life is happening to us all.

In my short existence on this planet, I have seen grown men cry a thousand times, perceived firsthand, the anguish of fathers losing daughters, the bitter sadness of mothers screaming the names of their dead children, received the warm brotherly hugs that come with the grief of siblings, and each time it still feels jarring.

I have gotten accustomed to death and all its friends. I have even made peace with the end of all things, even to the point of objective study. But never have I been able to stand the attendant sadness that comes with it all.

At Kefee's burial, the sadness was existent, palpable, and overwhelming. The affair had a ceremonial air, with singing, dancing, bright colours, media fanfare, and the alms seekers. But the sadness hung there, like a cloud, putting a damper on every activity.

Seated right there, in the mix of it all, certain truths began to unravel.

There will always be celebrity deaths. The forces of nature and human existence are too random and disrespectful to give the stars a hall pass from mortality. Always will we have the bright stars cut down. This truth is sad, almost ominous, but its the truth. In the end, take away all their talent, strip everyone of a legacy, education, religion and philosophy, and all we have are humans. Destined to complete life's cycle and taste death.

The next lesson was a bit more hard to understand.Unfortunate deeds and situations will always be fashionable to the celebrity, only as long as they find a way to look good in it or score a profit out of it. The #Bringbackourgirls campaign on social media was one that really flogged. Kefee's passing was used not solely as a way to show support, but also as good PR for certain individuals. It's happening right? Why not get in the thick of it, and into the news.

Finally. We won't remember for long. It seems cruel to say this, but that's the truth. Kefee's immortality will be sustained for a limited passage of time before it becomes just a distant speck in our battle-hardened lives. Her mental souvenirs of songs, will eventually be relegated to Google, and all who remember will just heave a slight sigh, and move on to the next. Only in the hearts of her immediate family, and best friends will her waking moments be savoured for decades to come. The rest of Nigeria will surely move on.

Because in the end, death happened to Kefee, and ended her life. Life is still happening to us all, for now.

http://www..com/index.php/41-blog/blog-articles/427-lessons-learned-from-kefee-s-burial-ground

Re: Lessons Learned From Kefee's Burial Ground by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2014
hmmmmm
Re: Lessons Learned From Kefee's Burial Ground by foyeks2001(f): 3:42pm On Jul 14, 2014
Hmmm....dis life sha
Re: Lessons Learned From Kefee's Burial Ground by bolaino(m): 5:02pm On Jul 14, 2014
Very saddening, this life is one big mystery I tell you, God knows everything. Nothing is hidden from him, that's why we should fear God. Rest In peace kefee, still can't believe she's dead. Smh.
Re: Lessons Learned From Kefee's Burial Ground by priscaoge(f): 6:53pm On Jul 14, 2014
Really really touchyangry Reading this thread with drops of tears,still can't believe she's goneangry Keep Resting in d Lord Kefee where there is no pains,tears or sorrows!
Re: Lessons Learned From Kefee's Burial Ground by dania30(f): 7:02pm On Jul 14, 2014
[/b]Because in the end, death happened to Kefee, and ended her life. Life is still happening to us all, for now.[b]
This line struck me! cry
Re: Lessons Learned From Kefee's Burial Ground by dridowu: 7:35pm On Jul 14, 2014
We will all die, how soon ? How prepared are you ?

(1) (Reply)

America Behind T.B. Joshua Church Collapse – Russian Report / The Most Bootilicious Africal Lady Releases More Sexy Photos / Yvonne Nelson Spotted At Movie Premiere Without Bra(flaunts Small Breast)-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.