Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices (14148 Views)

Sony To Bring Playstation Games To Android And iOS Devices / BBM On Android And Related Issues / BBM Coming To All Android & Ios Devices Not Just Samsung. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 15, 2014
Abrahamweb:
must everthing be come end time tinz. mind yourself oo
yess sir...abrahaweb....lols
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Bawss1(m): 8:09pm On Jul 15, 2014
runzlord:
I noticed something. thats it only shallow minds and computer "managers" that feel windows 8 is bad. Windows 8 and 8.1 are the best thing that happened to Microsoft. gosh wait lemme just imagine my system running win 7. Tufika nw thats not only disgustin but horrible

grin

C'mon Win7 isn't bad at all, it was a very welcome relief for the disaster that was Vista. cheesy It continues to sell well too. Win8 on the other hand is beautiful and easily lends itself to touchbased/tablet systems. I have found that those who slate it are usually
1. Too broke to afford an upgrade
2. Haven't used it for all of 5 minutes and quickly dismiss it as horrible
3. People who believe that it is cool to lash out against MS products because it's a big company.

The haters are mainly from any one of the above categories grin Those with genuine concerns have found 8.1 to address many of their needs but you rarely find them giving to vitriolic reactions like many ignorant folks

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 15, 2014
runzlord:
I noticed something. thats it only shallow minds and computer "managers" that feel windows 8 is bad. Windows 8 and 8.1 are the best thing that happened to Microsoft. gosh wait lemme just imagine my system running win 7. Tufika nw thats not only disgustin but horrible
Yea ryt, y did u fink microsoft immediately roll out an update for win8, if der were no issues wif win8 der wudnt av bn need 4 an update so soon. look at d main reason here;
This update brings back some of what desktop-bound Windows 8 users miss about Windows 7, and frankly, every iteration of the OS before it since Windows 95. Sure, there's plenty of work to be done here. But take solace in that Microsoft has recognized that it attempted to fix something that was never broken in the first place, and that Windows 8's wrongs can be made right again.
M sure u were neva aware of d issues with windows 8 which prompted d release of d 8.1 update which now features d start menu option.
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 15, 2014
prettyboi1989:
Yea ryt, y did u fink microsoft immediately roll out an update for win8, if der were no issues wif win8 der wudnt av bn need 4 an update so soon. look at d main reason here;
This update brings back some of what desktop-bound Windows 8 users miss about Windows 7, and frankly, every iteration of the OS before it since Windows 95. Sure, there's plenty of work to be done here. But take solace in that Microsoft has recognized that it attempted to fix something that was never broken in the first place, and that Windows 8's wrongs can be made right again.
M sure u were neva aware of d issues with windows 8 which prompted d release of d 8.1 update which now features d start menu option.
dude I use 8.1 upgraded last 2 weeks. I only like windows 8.1 performance over win 8 which is over Windows 7. I never had a single problem with its start menu or the button
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2014
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 15, 2014
Bawss1:

grin

C'mon Win7 isn't bad at all, it was a very welcome relief for the disaster that was Vista. cheesy It continues to sell well too. Win8 on the other hand is beautiful and easily lends itself to touchbased/tablet systems. I have found that those who slate it are usually
3. People who believe that it is cool to lash out against MS products because it's a big company.

The haters are mainly from any one of the above categories grin Those with genuine concerns have found 8.1 to address many of their needs but you rarely find them giving to vitriolic reactions like many ignorant folks
When u talk abt windows 8 ur mind goes str8 to win 8.1, u failed to recognise n mention dat dere was an initial windows 8.0 wch ppl around d globe had issues with:

Simply put, the Windows 8.1 Update no longer treats keyboard-and-mouse users as second-class citizens—a first in the new-look Windows 8 era.
A large part of the reason Windows 8 received such fierce backlash was because it simply pushed too far, too hard, be itby intentional designor asheer lack of time. The changes were drastic—no more Start menu, arcane commands for summoning invisible menus, Live Tiles everywhere—and Microsoft all but rubbed your face in them.You will learn.
No more. The original Windows 8.1 update began dialing back Windows 8's heavy finger focus mere months after the operating system's launch, bringing back a Start button and giving users the (deeply buried) option to boot directly to the desktop.

Culled from: http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.pcworld.com/article/2140720/the-windows-8-1-update-finally-makes-microsofts-metro-future-pc-friendly.html&sa=U&ei=DX_FU_2yK-eh0QWDjoDoDg&ved=0CCkQFjAJ&usg=AFQjCNGVRmHqiI-jkvyFt5zRfy0mjRTPRw

U nid to understand dis, b4 u start giving false reasons why people dislike windows 8. Windows 8.1 came 2 cover up for d errors in win 8
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Uzzie: 8:52pm On Jul 15, 2014
just2endowed:

Did you play that game?
Mehn I play am well. I wonder why halo no dey Android

Lol I still play it. I have halo 4
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by tk4rd: 8:53pm On Jul 15, 2014
Can it predict the type of personality that could be the perfect match as someone's spouse.? Or the likely age at which one might die.?
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by oluwashedy: 9:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
Bawss1:

Cortana is not an app, it is a voice assistant like Apple's Siri available to WP8.1 users.
k tanx
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by simdam500(m): 10:03pm On Jul 15, 2014
The religious people see it as another demon tryna lure people to hell but i see it as...

A stepping stone for guys to step up their game*wink*...

Ok, back to the matter... I want sisi, oh siri i mean
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Bawss1(m): 10:27pm On Jul 15, 2014
@prettyboi1989

Why do you leave readers with the impressions that you have no direct experience with using Win8 and merely recycling the hype that it was a flop?

Prior to Win8.1 I didn't have any issues with Win8, certainly nothing in the degree of the heavy adjectives used in hyping what the supposed disappointment Win8 was said to be. I didn't have any issues with the lack of the start button and for your information it's reappearance in 8.1 is certainly different from what it used to be.
8.1 offered more options for customisation of the live tiles, the option to boot directly to desktop on a non touch device and a smattering of other modifications. It is certainly not a backtracking or admission of failure as you would have many believe.

What particular issues did you personally have with Win8. Please share them here, not something you may have read on a website somewhere. Remember, you also haven't explained why you say it's a disgusting OS.
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by LordRahl001: 1:11am On Jul 16, 2014
Its very funny how pple just join d bandwagon of backlashing micorsoft and their products!!! Seriously they av to cut them some slacks!!! I was perfectly ok wit windows 8 and so no reason to migrate to 8.1 yet!! Personally, I can't imagine going back to win7 tho its gud but not as win8!! I so love evrything abt it!!! Haters hate on!! Esp some apple&linux fanboys!!!

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by klensx: 9:32am On Jul 16, 2014
Brand new octa core phones & Tablets running Android 4.4.2 kit Kat from N15000 up and import anything from China etc. O8IO8I3I92O, https://www.nairaland.com/1801065/klens-global-cheapest-pre-order
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by bozoforce: 1:18pm On Jul 16, 2014
they want to put cortana on android. what about Serena and aunty dot? when will master chief and noble 6 join them?
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Tompeters(m): 1:41pm On Jul 16, 2014
Kiggster: Cortana on iOS and android? Good luck with that Microsoft. IMO, cortana sucks. We have Siri for iOS. Robin,Dragon,Google Now,Speaktoit,S-voice etc on Android. Robin is my favorite BTW. y'all should check it out.
Pls can u help shed more light on robin . I'll appreciate ur reply
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Tompeters(m): 1:47pm On Jul 16, 2014
Kiggster: Cortana on iOS and android? Good luck with that Microsoft. IMO, cortana sucks. We have Siri for iOS. Robin,Dragon,Google Now,Speaktoit,S-voice etc on Android. Robin is my favorite BTW. y'all should check it out.
Pls can u enlighten me bout the robin app. I'll appreciate
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 17, 2014
Bawss1:

grin

I used win 8.1 update 1 for two months. My laptop gave up the ghost, and I didn't bother instaling on my replacement. Metro knocks all the win 8 gains. All sorts of wandering whenever I wanted to change a setting. Then the metro apps taking full screen even after installing Metromix or wetinthemcall am.

If you have a tablet (which for all the hype is mostly practical as a entertainment device) you wwill probably enjoy win 8.but if u use a pc for work,you will soon get tired of win 8
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Bawss1(m): 9:35pm On Jul 17, 2014
oyb:

I used win 8.1 update 1 for two months. My laptop gave up the ghost, and I didn't bother instaling on my replacement. Metro knocks all the win 8 gains. All sorts of wandering whenever I wanted to change a setting. Then the metro apps taking full screen even after installing Metromix or wetinthemcall am.

If you have a tablet (which for all the hype is mostly practical as a entertainment device) you wwill probably enjoy win 8.but if u use a pc for work,you will soon get tired of win 8

This is what I don't understand. Most people do most of their work in Desktop why bother with Metro if it's a distraction? 8.1 even makes it easier by allowing the system to boot directly to desktop.

No way I'm getting tired of Win8/8.1, heck I want more of it. Simple tasks like copying files are faster than they were back on win7 and honestly with the stronger Windows Defender one doesn't really need a third party antivirus software.

Hey Microsoft if you are reading this, you know I will make an excellent addition to your PR team. cool
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by just2endowed: 6:13pm On Jul 21, 2014
Uzzie:

Lol I still play it. I have halo 4

Is it on pc
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by AndroidCare(m): 12:32pm On Jul 18, 2015
Cortana, a Microsoft artificial intelligent personal assistance that has been around the Microsoft windows mobile 8.0 for a while now is here for we the android users.

Cortana has been leading in the world of mobile AI personal assistance and has been promised to be released with the upcoming windows 10.

http://www.androidcare.net/2015/07/cortana-is-here-on-android-os-up-for.html

Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Craven: 2:08pm On Jul 18, 2015
oluwanoni:
@op ur topic is misleading....the ios has siri already...you don expect a McLaren engine in a jaguar just bcus they both make cars...remember each COY as a brand....

So how do you explain Skype (a Microsoft product) being available to Android and iOS devices? How do you explain BBM (a BlackBerry product) being available to Android and iOS devices? How do you explain Google services being available on iOS?

The OP's topic is not misleading. But you obviously have been.

Google, Microsoft and the likes are not automobile companies. They are technology giants. And you cannot limit technology.

Companies like Google and Microsoft make their software available to other platforms to make their services known to other users.

Cortana is going to be available on Android soon. It will also be available on iOS later this year. Whether anyone likes it or not.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/17/8993015/microsoft-cortana-android-app-leak
Re: Microsoft Considering Bringing Cortana To Android And iOS Devices by Craven: 2:28pm On Jul 18, 2015
Bawss1:
@prettyboi1989

Why do you leave readers with the impressions that you have no direct experience with using Win8 and merely recycling the hype that it was a flop?

Prior to Win8.1 I didn't have any issues with Win8, certainly nothing in the degree of the heavy adjectives used in hyping what the supposed disappointment Win8 was said to be. I didn't have any issues with the lack of the start button and for your information it's reappearance in 8.1 is certainly different from what it used to be.
8.1 offered more options for customisation of the live tiles, the option to boot directly to desktop on a non touch device and a smattering of other modifications. It is certainly not a backtracking or admission of failure as you would have many believe.

What particular issues did you personally have with Win8. Please share them here, not something you may have read on a website somewhere. Remember, you also haven't explained why you say it's a disgusting OS.

I currently use a Windows Phone. And I feel it is disgusting. It doesn't meet my needs. Yes, it provides all the basic things, but it lacks so much more.

Initially when I bought my Lumia, I loved it. But as time passed, it got monotonous. The boring live tiles, the boring UI, the boring background that could only be changed to either black or white. And then there was the issue of the insufficient apps on the store. Yes, the Windows Phone had all the basic apps, but it lacked all the cool ones. And even when they become available, they come much later, when the excitement over the apps have died. BBM is an example. QuizUp. Duolingo. Flipboard. These apps didn't come on Windows Phone until months or years after they had been available on other platforms. And even then, they lacked key features. BBM on Windows Phone still lacks BBM voice and video calls. Basically I would watch my friends enjoy cool new apps in agony.

The Windows Phone 8.1 update offers more customization of the live tiles, but I got bored with that too. I don't feel it's lively or playful. The UI feels strict. What can you do other than putting a picture up as a background for your start tiles and change the size and number of the tiles?

The Windows 10 might rejuvenate the depressing interface, but I've seen pictures and I'm not impressed.

Windows Phone might have been perfect for you, but it can't be the same for everyone else. It was horrible for me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Get 50MB/3GB On Etisalat With #100.. / Honda Creates Airbag For Smartphones / [ROM][4.4.2] Xtremevanilla V3 For Infinix Hot Note Pro X551 By YomiTech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.