Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,757 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times (29768 Views)

Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion / M.i's Top Ten Nigerian Rappers / Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by pcaliphate(m): 12:54pm On Jul 19, 2014
The philosophy and the technicality that surrounds the atmosphere for the best lyricist is of a great paradox and complexity. If care is not put into consideration, we might call the best the #shadow good# and call the #shadow good# the best. As for me! Modenine is my best lyricist. In brevity! Generalisation of the best lyricist is harmful but the individual perception should be given appropriate audience. Thank You.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by berbajiday(m): 3:39pm On Jul 28, 2014
Lmao, u knw I had to google spalding sha to get ur pun, lol nice. R u a lyricist too? U r ryt on phyno tho
truGambit:

Thanks blah'd.....game recognize game......phyno ballin harder than Spalding ryt now.....but he ain't got to d status of top ten Ni
gerian lyricist of all times.....give him a few more joints n couple yrs.....
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by rildwanullahi(m): 10:50am On Jan 09, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
Nonsense! There is hardly any reigning musician in Nigeria that has good lyrics. What you call lyrics can best be described as rhymes. Take one of Timaya's lines, for example,
" leave me make I fill my glass,
me and you no dey the same class,
Holy Ghost dey by my side and him carry big cutlass." In that line, you will notice "s" in glass, class and cutlass. These words don't correlate in the song. In fact they are meaningless.
Remove the names on that list and put: Ebenezer Obey, I. K. Dairo, Osita Osadebe, Rex Lawson, Orlando Owoh, Ayinla Omowura, Bill Friday, Morocco Maduka, etc.
what's the title of the song please, if you have it can you share it
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:08am On Jan 09, 2016
rildwanullahi:
what's the title of the song please, if you have it can you share it
Unfortunately I don't know the name. I've heard people play it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? / "Classic 50 Songs": 9ice Releases 50 Track Album / The Word SHOKI Its Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.