Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,742 members, 7,862,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:29 PM

My S3 Is Acting Funny - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My S3 Is Acting Funny (1096 Views)

I Wnt To Swap My S3 Plus Some Money For Iphonee 5 Or 5S / Please Can Some Help Me BBM Is Nt Working On My S3 / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My S3 Is Acting Funny by CyrilWhyte(m): 5:43am On Jul 15, 2014
Hello friends, please I need your assistance on this. I got a london used original galaxy s3 internationla version AT&T, but I don't enjoy steady internet services, even mobile network for calls and sms do go off at will and comes back on at will. I don't understand why. Even when my friend enjoys his, I will be there struggling with mine. I can't download or do anything unless I go to an inner city, but my friends with same phone, other androids phones and Rim (BB) who stay in the same area with don't need 2 change any stupid location. What is wrong pls, I need your help. 08146837019 God bless you.
Re: My S3 Is Acting Funny by LordReed(m): 9:34am On Jul 15, 2014
CyrilWhyte: Hello friends, please I need your assistance on this. I got a london used original galaxy s3 internationla version AT&T, but I don't enjoy steady internet services, even mobile network for calls and sms do go off at will and comes back on at will. I don't understand why. Even when my friend enjoys his, I will be there struggling with mine. I can't download or do anything unless I go to an inner city, but my friends with same phone, other androids phones and Rim (BB) who stay in the same area with don't need 2 change any stupid location. What is wrong pls, I need your help. 08146837019 God bless you.

Sorry but your device cannot be UK used and be AT&T and be International all at the same time. Please check device version properly by going here: www.imei.info or boot into factory mode.
Re: My S3 Is Acting Funny by Nsonaso(m): 10:43am On Jul 15, 2014
LordReed:

Sorry but your device cannot be UK used and be AT&T and be International all at the same time. Please check device version properly by going here: www.imei.info or boot into factory mode.
Bro you just solved the whole problem..
Re: My S3 Is Acting Funny by francis247(m): 11:31am On Jul 15, 2014
LordReed:

LOL. I guess he thinks international version is anyone from abroad.
Re: My S3 Is Acting Funny by francis247(m): 11:32am On Jul 15, 2014
CyrilWhyte: Hello friends, please I need your assistance on this. I got a london used original galaxy s3 internationla version AT&T, but I don't enjoy steady internet services, even mobile network for calls and sms do go off at will and comes back on at will. I don't understand why. Even when my friend enjoys his, I will be there struggling with mine. I can't download or do anything unless I go to an inner city, but my friends with same phone, other androids phones and Rim (BB) who stay in the same area with don't need 2 change any stupid location. What is wrong pls, I need your help. 08146837019 God bless you.
I suggest u Find your square root back to
4.1.2 or 4.1.1. So many S3 users including
those with international version that updated
OTA are having similar issues with 4.3 JB.
You can also try flashing a custom ROM. Be
sure to back up if EFS folder before flashing
either stock or custom ROM or better still get
a professional to do it for you.
Re: My S3 Is Acting Funny by CyrilWhyte(m): 11:40am On Jul 15, 2014
Sorry guys the UK used I stated was because I bought it from some one who usually buy and sell uk used phones, but I thought at&t is an international version. Well, my ppl dem, I need your help seriously. Check and see the photos. I was thinking of changing the kernel version as some one advices but I still need a broaderjexexplanation even also thought of rooting too.
Re: My S3 Is Acting Funny by LordReed(m): 1:37pm On Jul 15, 2014
CyrilWhyte: Sorry guys the UK used I stated was because I bought it from some one who usually buy and sell uk used phones, but I thought at&t is an international version. Well, my ppl dem, I need your help seriously. Check and see the photos. I was thinking of changing the kernel version as some one advices but I still need a broaderjexexplanation even also thought of rooting too.

Your version is Samsung Galaxy S III I747 (if it is AT&T). I don't think the phone is the issue per se but rather with the network frequencies.
Re: My S3 Is Acting Funny by Nsonaso(m): 1:53pm On Jul 15, 2014
CyrilWhyte: Sorry guys the UK used I stated was because I bought it from some one who usually buy and sell uk used phones, but I thought at&t is an international version. Well, my ppl dem, I need your help seriously. Check and see the photos. I was thinking of changing the kernel version as some one advices but I still need a broaderjexexplanation even also thought of rooting too.

Well bro to clear some facts.....
1. Your Samsung Galaxy S3 is branded AT&T which is a short for "American Telecom & Telegram" and it's a USA Mobile Network Career just like MTN Nigeria.... So it's USA or American used

2. International version of any phone (no matter the brand name) is the ones sold in different countries without being branded by any mobile careers... E.g the ones sold in Nigeria.
Characteristics of such phone is that you can just rip it out of the box and insert any SIM card of your choice and start using it. Not like career branded phone that only works with that particular mobile career SIM card except unlocked like the one you're using.

Solution:
Just like the other brother suggest... It might be a software problems just give it to a professional to flash a very good custom ROM for you...
Re: My S3 Is Acting Funny by kazzonline: 6:49pm On Jul 15, 2014
As someone noted earlier.it is the netwoek frequency.I used to hav s3 branded to at/t as well.it doesn't hav wcdma..either you are on gsm or gsm/4glte.you wud enjoy the phone when you are connected to wifi.
Re: My S3 Is Acting Funny by kazzonline: 6:49pm On Jul 15, 2014
As someone noted earlier.it is the network frequency.I used to hav s3 branded to at/t as well.it doesn't hav wcdma..either you are on gsm or gsm/4glte.you wud enjoy the phone when you are connected to wifi.
Re: My S3 Is Acting Funny by Jammy2012(m): 7:06pm On Jul 15, 2014
help me out guys.....there these 5 files that occupied much portion of my SD card...like these SD card=>DAT Opmov(38.71mb), 0_sound afs(356.56mb), 0_text afs(394.28), e_sound afs(271.97mb), e_text afs (27.68mb).....is it advisable to delete them?
Re: My S3 Is Acting Funny by CyrilWhyte(m): 6:32am On Jul 16, 2014
Nsonaso:

Well bro to clear some facts.....
1. Your Samsung Galaxy S3 is branded AT&T which is a short for "American Telecom & Telegram" and it's a USA Mobile Network Career just like MTN Nigeria.... So it's USA or American used

2. International version of any phone (no matter the brand name) is the ones sold in different countries without being branded by any mobile careers... E.g the ones sold in Nigeria.
Characteristics of such phone is that you can just rip it out of the box and insert any SIM card of your choice and start using it. Not like career branded phone that only works with that particular mobile career SIM card except unlocked like the one you're using.

Solution:
Just like the other brother suggest... It might be a software problems just give it to a professional to flash a very good custom ROM for you...
sorry bro if I may ask, can rooting or flashing to good custome ROM do the job? As inenhance the the phone?
Re: My S3 Is Acting Funny by Nsonaso(m): 9:48am On Jul 16, 2014
CyrilWhyte: sorry bro if I may ask, can rooting or flashing to good custome ROM do the job? As inenhance the the phone?
Yes if it's a software problem...
Re: My S3 Is Acting Funny by CyrilWhyte(m): 8:34am On Jul 19, 2014
Nice one pals. Thank you all for the assistance. Meanwhile, who has an idea of the best custom ROM anywhere that I can flash?
Re: My S3 Is Acting Funny by computerboy: 10:23am On Jul 19, 2014
Resurrection remix is the best and most customizable custom rom for s3. That's what i use after trying cm, omnirom etc... It combines all their best features. Head to xda forum to download it or Google it. The developer's name is westcrip cool
Re: My S3 Is Acting Funny by CyrilWhyte(m): 10:43pm On Jul 21, 2014
computerboy: Resurrection remix is the best and most customizable custom rom for s3. That's what i use after trying cm, omnirom etc... It combines all their best features. Head to xda forum to download it or Google it. The developer's name is westcrip cool
thanks bro
Re: My S3 Is Acting Funny by donlyone(m): 9:00am On Jul 22, 2014
If you really want to find a solution to the problem then you have to state the MODEL NUMBER of the phone.
Preferably go to 'settings-about phone' and post the screen shot.

Make no mistakes about it, if you don't know with certainty the phone you have then you are just a step from BRICKING your phone.

Many have come with similar problems only to find that their phone is a CLONE.

SO DO THE NEEDFUL.
Re: My S3 Is Acting Funny by computerboy: 8:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
CyrilWhyte: thanks bro
Uw

(1) (Reply)

Advice On Phone To Buy / See This Airtel 1+1 Data Plan / The Next Hero Lauch Party!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.