Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Is Confab uniting Or dividing Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Confab uniting Or dividing Nigeria? (797 Views)

For Those Blaming Nnadi Kanu And IPOB For Dividing Nigeria / APC Dividing Nigeria, Says PDP / Do You Think Dividing Nigeria Will Solve Our Problems? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Confab uniting Or dividing Nigeria? by bilms(m): 12:26pm On Jul 15, 2014
CONFAB
DIVIDING OR UNITING NIGERIA?

According to open motives behind the national conference, the conference
is said to be conveyed to help address sources of division in the
country. however, close motives playing out at the conference seems to
point to the contrary. In an interview granted by governor of Kano, Musa
Kwankwaso, he said, Confab is dividing,rather than uniting Nigeria.
According to the governor, he said rather than discussing on unity and
ways to improve Nigeria and unite, confab which is stage managed is
rather dividing the country as it was planned by the president to aid
his selfish agenda, causing divide and rule. The only thing being
discussed is division, i.e., north on one side, south on the other,
Christian on one side, Islam on the other, Oil producing state on one
side, non oil producing at the other and again, ethnicity and further
division. Do you agree with Governor kwankwaso? Is Confab dividing or
uniting Nigeria?
Re: Is Confab uniting Or dividing Nigeria? by eluquenson(m): 12:54pm On Jul 15, 2014
My candid opinion is this confab is a joke & another way to divert our attention till next year election.
Re: Is Confab uniting Or dividing Nigeria? by mikolo80: 1:19pm On Jul 15, 2014
Nope. Its just revealing our innermost desires as a ppl

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Confab uniting Or dividing Nigeria? by bilms(m): 3:43pm On Jul 15, 2014

1 Like

Re: Is Confab uniting Or dividing Nigeria? by khadaffi(m): 5:08pm On Jul 15, 2014
At this juncture, the best and only thing the legislatures(Senate and House of Reps) can do for Nigerians is to throw the confab report to the thrash can where it belongs.
Re: Is Confab uniting Or dividing Nigeria? by bilms(m): 7:01am On Jul 16, 2014
why?
Re: Is Confab uniting Or dividing Nigeria? by khadaffi(m): 3:54pm On Jul 18, 2014
What really have they achieved? I mean what did they deliberate on. Before the confab I was hoping it was to negotiate the reason for our existence as a country until "they" started saying there were some no-go areas. Alright I kept my hope up thinking resource control would even be the main and center of the discussion.

As it stands now, I ask again what have they deliberated on? That governors and president should possess bachelor degrees, on the issue of police- the recommendation of the legislatures is even better than the rubbish they came up with there. I personally think our legislatures were heading somewhere before this conference of a thing.
Many Nigerians who were even in support of the conference were expecting two major issues: Resource Control and Renegotiating Nigeria as a geographical entity. With the latter thrown out one was left.

What is the business of the conference with who becomes IGs and DG of govt parastatals? At a time some of them were even trying to compare themselves with the legislatures. Smh
Re: Is Confab uniting Or dividing Nigeria? by bilms(m): 10:06am On Jul 20, 2014
hum
Re: Is Confab uniting Or dividing Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 20, 2014
Confab cannot divide Nigeria!
Nigeria was never bonded. He that is down fears no fall.

Confab cannot unite Nigeria!
Nigeria can never be unied!
A normal person and a Jihardist can never live together in the same house.

Somebody should tell the brutish British that their expetiment had failed.

1 Like

Re: Is Confab uniting Or dividing Nigeria? by cjrane: 2:12pm On Jul 20, 2014
[size=14pt]WAS NIGERIA EVER UNITED?
How can you divide what is already divided?[/size]
Re: Is Confab uniting Or dividing Nigeria? by bilms(m): 9:40pm On Jul 20, 2014
wink

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Governor Murtala Nyako Impeached / Nyanya Bombing Mastermind Extradited To Nigeria (against Sanusi's Wishes) / Ukraine Crisis: US And EU Boost Sanctions On Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.