Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Is John The Beloved( One Of The Apostles Of Jesus Christ) Still Alive - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is John The Beloved( One Of The Apostles Of Jesus Christ) Still Alive (1902 Views)

How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died / PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Did John The Beloved Ever Taste Of Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is John The Beloved( One Of The Apostles Of Jesus Christ) Still Alive by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 15, 2014
But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God. (Luke 9:27.)
Here jesus was talking about john

And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, that there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power (Mark 9:1.)

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom. (Matt. 16:27-28.)

Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?

Another verse
Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?
Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.
Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?
This is the disciple [meaning himself; i.e., John] which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true. (John 21:20-24.)

According to this bible verses above, it seems John the beloved is not dead,

Please any opinion?
Re: Is John The Beloved( One Of The Apostles Of Jesus Christ) Still Alive by Onlinebizexpert(m): 2:40pm On Jul 15, 2014
I have never thought of that, nice analysis tho
Re: Is John The Beloved( One Of The Apostles Of Jesus Christ) Still Alive by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 15, 2014
John is dead bt he was the last man to die. He saw heaven and the things in it when he was writting the last book of the bible THE REVELATION. Read revelation 4 more undastanding. Tanks
Re: Is John The Beloved( One Of The Apostles Of Jesus Christ) Still Alive by Weah96: 3:03pm On Jul 15, 2014
nwekesimon68: John is dead bt he was the last man to die. He saw heaven and the things in it when he was writting the last book of the bible THE REVELATION. Read revelation 4 more undastanding. Tanks

So basically Jesus was only predicting John's psychedelic vision on the island of Patmos not making a statement about his return per se? Btw, there is no evidence that the author of the book of revelations and the author of the gospel of John are the same person. It is only assumed because it feels better that way.
Re: Is John The Beloved( One Of The Apostles Of Jesus Christ) Still Alive by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 15, 2014
For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Apparently here, Jesus was talking about his second coming,
Weah96:
So basically Jesus was only predicting John's psychedelic vision on the island of Patmos not making a statement about his return per se? Btw, there is no evidence that the author of the book of revelations and the author of the gospel of John are the same person. It is only assumed because it feels better that way.
[quote author=Weah96]
Re: Is John The Beloved( One Of The Apostles Of Jesus Christ) Still Alive by ayobase(m): 6:51pm On Jul 15, 2014
op, what about if John is still alive.
anything is possible u know.

people ehn.

answer this question, "how many go dey alive when Jesus comes back"?
Re: Is John The Beloved( One Of The Apostles Of Jesus Christ) Still Alive by tpia1: 6:53pm On Jul 15, 2014
Weah96:

So basically Jesus was only predicting John's psychedelic vision on the island of Patmos not making a statement about his return per se? .

Romans 4:17

For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit

not sure you understand the meaning of "the kingdom of God"?
Re: Is John The Beloved( One Of The Apostles Of Jesus Christ) Still Alive by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 17, 2014
tpia1:

Romans 4:17

not sure you understand the meaning of "the kingdom of God"?

Please kindly tell us more about your knowledge of the kingdom of God

(1) (Reply)

Christ's Death Did Not Wash Away Your Sins! It Is A Wicked Delusion! / Old Earth Vs. Young Earth—What Are The Core Issues In The Debate? / Deafness Instant Healing At Cec Srilanka India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.