Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,596 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

An Attacking Mildfielder And A Winger - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / An Attacking Mildfielder And A Winger (786 Views)

Eden Hazard Vs Neymar – Who Is The Best Young Winger In The World? / Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? / Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Attacking Mildfielder And A Winger by jayyungg(m): 3:53pm On Jul 15, 2014
Soccer fans, who is suppose to score more goals between a winger and an attacking mildfielder.(like that of Messi)
Re: An Attacking Mildfielder And A Winger by abatically(m): 4:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
jayyungg: Soccer fans, who is suppose to score more goals between a winger and an attacking mildfielder.(like that of Messi)

It depends on the players, the formation and tactics. In a 4-3-3 or 4-2-1-2-1 formation, the wide mean are no longer called wingers, rather they are called Left or Right forward. That is the case with Ronaldo, he plays as left forward and he is very good in front of goals, that is why he scores more goals. Messi plays free role, he can be an attacking midfilder and next minuted he's a centre forward. Wingers are more accustomed to a 4-4-2 formation, they don't score much because they are required to track back and help the wing backs due to 2 man midfield. In a 4-3-3 formation however, there are 3 man midfield so the wide men don't need to track back much like wingers in a 4-4-2. The main work of wingers is to cross the ball, but wing forwards seldom cross the ball.

I think a wing forward normally scores more goals than an attacking midfielder (unless in rare cases like messi who plays free role and very talented), while attacking midfielders generally score more goals than wingers.
Re: An Attacking Mildfielder And A Winger by jayyungg(m): 5:49pm On Jul 15, 2014
abatically:

It depends on the players, the formation and tactics. In a 4-3-3 or 4-2-1-2-1 formation, the wide mean are no longer called wingers, rather they are called Left or Right forward. That is the case with Ronaldo, he plays as left forward and he is very good in front of goals, that is why he scores more goals. Messi plays free role, he can be an attacking midfilder and next minuted he's a centre forward. Wingers are more accustomed to a 4-4-2 formation, they don't score much because they are required to track back and help the wing backs due to 2 man midfield. In a 4-3-3 formation however, there are 3 man midfield so the wide men don't need to track back much like wingers in a 4-4-2. The main work of wingers is to cross the ball, but wing forwards seldom cross the ball.

I think a wing forward normally scores more goals than an attacking midfielder (unless in rare cases like messi who plays free role and very talented), while attacking midfielders generally score more goals than wingers.
Thanks alot big Bro. That was the argument between me and my friend. Without sentiment Bro, as you have rightly stated that Messi plays a free role. Now between him and Ronaldo who is suppose to score more goals base on their role(Ronaldo-wing&Messi-centre forward, attacking mildfield, infact everywhere except the defence). In a nutshell Bro, who is suppose to score more goals? Anticipating your response. Thanks
Re: An Attacking Mildfielder And A Winger by abatically(m): 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2014
jayyungg: Thanks alot big Bro. That was the argument between me and my friend. Without sentiment Bro, as you have rightly stated that Messi plays a free role. Now between him and Ronaldo who is suppose to score more goals base on their role(Ronaldo-wing&Messi-centre forward, attacking mildfield, infact everywhere except the defence). In a nutshell Bro, who is suppose to score more goals? Anticipating your response. Thanks

This is a tough one really. On paper Messi is supposed to score more goals. For Barcelona he plays cf, cam, right forward.. in fact everywhere. Barcelona don't play with a natural CF because of Messi. Ronaldo on the other hand plays alongside benzema who is a natural CF.
Re: An Attacking Mildfielder And A Winger by jayyungg(m): 6:18pm On Jul 15, 2014
abatically:

This is a tough one really. On paper Messi is supposed to score more goals. For Barcelona he plays cf, cam, right forward.. in fact everywhere. Barcelona don't play with a natural CF because of Messi. Ronaldo on the other hand plays alongside benzema who is a natural CF.
[quote author=abatically]
May God bless U mightily for me. I hope he 'll be convinced with your "so on point" explanation so far. Once again I'm grateful.
Re: An Attacking Mildfielder And A Winger by jayyungg(m): 6:25pm On Jul 15, 2014
@Abatically.........May God bless U mightily for me. I hope he 'll be convinced with your "so on point" explanation so far. Once again I'm grateful.

(1) (Reply)

Week 7 2014: Become A Millionaire Like In Week6 When 4,7,27,39,41 Drew!!! / South Africa 4 - Nigeria 0 / EL CLASSICO: Real Madrid 3-1 Barcelona: Ronaldo & Co Bite Back To Ruin Suarez De

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.