Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Breaking News : Diego Costa Completes His Move To Chelsea (Photo) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Breaking News : Diego Costa Completes His Move To Chelsea (Photo) (1741 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Diego Costa Breaks Nose In Preparation Ahead Of Newcastle Clash / Olusegun Obasanjo Letter To Morinhno Nd Chelsea ( Photo) / Kenyan Champions Get Tired Of Winning Titles And Challenge Chelsea(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News : Diego Costa Completes His Move To Chelsea (Photo) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:12pm On Jul 15, 2014
Chelsea's official twitter handle just tweeted the news minutes ago ! A part of the statement from Chelsea's official website read:

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce Diego Costa has today completed his transfer from Atletico Madrid by signing a five-year contract.He will join up with the first team for our pre-season European training camp next week.Since becoming a first-choice selection at Atletico, Costa has been one of the most consistent strikers in European football, with his goals and performances over the course of 2013/14 propelling his former club to a first La Liga title in 18 years and a place in the Champions League final.

Read what the player said on his signing below :

Costa said: ‘I am very happy to sign for Chelsea. Everybody knows it is a big club in a very competitive league, and I am very excited to get started in England with a fantastic coach and team-mates. Having played against Chelsea last season I know the high quality of the squad I am joining.I would like to thank everybody at Atletico who made me into the player I am, it was an incredible time for me, but now I am starting a new adventure and I hope to win many trophies with Chelsea.’

A short description of the kind of nightmare defenders could dream of :

Costa is a powerful and direct, the 25-year-old built a strong reputation in Spain as a fine finisher, particularly in one-on-one situations, and is capable of scoring goals with both his left and right foot while his physical nature also makes him a real threat in the air. His favoured position is as the central striker, with his ability to run in behind opposition defenders making him difficult to pick up.

Welcome to Chelsea , Diego Costa

SOURCE : http://www.kingebuka.com/2014/07/breaking-news-diego-costa-completes-his.html
SOURCE : http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/07/costa-deal-completed.html?WT.mc_id=social_20140715_27869646

Re: Breaking News : Diego Costa Completes His Move To Chelsea (Photo) by VIPERVENOM(m): 5:30pm On Jul 15, 2014
He's not going to be any different from Torres.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News : Diego Costa Completes His Move To Chelsea (Photo) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 15, 2014
VIPERVENOM: He's not going to be any different from Torres.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking News : Diego Costa Completes His Move To Chelsea (Photo) by hensben(m): 5:46pm On Jul 15, 2014
i cant wait for costa to score at least 26 goals in his first season for chelsea

up blues
Re: Breaking News : Diego Costa Completes His Move To Chelsea (Photo) by JoeCutie(m): 5:58pm On Jul 15, 2014
VIPERVENOM: He's not going to be any different from Torres.
Because your life has never been any different from your ancestors'? Oh, I understand. But everybody can never be as stagnant!undecided

That's why everybody can never experience the good things of life, because they don't wish others well. B4 your fellow human beign embarks on a journey, you've already wished him a fatal accident. See your life... undecided

Hey! Everybody's lives can never be like yours! Unless you wish people peace, you can never see peace!

Welcome to the Bridge, Costa!
Haters are already hating!
Costa is already training!
Mourinho is already working!
Chelsea FC will keep being successful!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News : Diego Costa Completes His Move To Chelsea (Photo) by VIPERVENOM(m): 6:13pm On Jul 15, 2014
JoeCutie: Because your life has never been any different from your ancestors'? Oh, I understand. But everybody can never be as stagnant!undecided

That's why everybody can never experience the good things of life, because they don't wish others well. B4 your fellow human beign embarks on a journey, you've already wished him a fatal accident. See your life... undecided

Hey! Everybody's lives can never be like yours! Unless you wish people peace, you can never see peace!

i just aired my opinion and you're here blabbin. Well i cant blame you. Its typical amongst most chelsea fans. Just because he had one good season doesn't make him world class. Look at benteke for example. Costa is average. He was horrible for spain in the world cup. I repeat. Costa is another torres. And with mourinho's bus parking tactics, he wont score more than 10 goals. #myopinion. You dont like it #dealwithit
Re: Breaking News : Diego Costa Completes His Move To Chelsea (Photo) by hensben(m): 8:52pm On Jul 15, 2014
JoeCutie: Because your life has never been any different from your ancestors'? Oh, I understand. But everybody can never be as stagnant!undecided

tell them! tell them! tell these haters
Re: Breaking News : Diego Costa Completes His Move To Chelsea (Photo) by hensben(m): 8:53pm On Jul 15, 2014
VIPERVENOM: i just aired my opinion and you're here blabbin. Well i cant blame you. Its typical amongst most chelsea fans. Just because he had one good season doesn't make him world class. Look at benteke for example. Costa is average. He was horrible for spain in the world cup. I repeat. Costa is another torres. And with mourinho's bus parking tactics, he wont score more than 10 goals. #myopinion. You dont like it #dealwithit
man united fan always think they know football with their sentimental judgement..smh...if he flop which i know he will not, is it your money undecided
Re: Breaking News : Diego Costa Completes His Move To Chelsea (Photo) by delikay4luv: 9:03pm On Jul 15, 2014
chelsea logic be like "if u can't beat them! Buy them!"
Re: Breaking News : Diego Costa Completes His Move To Chelsea (Photo) by VIPERVENOM(m): 9:52pm On Jul 15, 2014
hensben: man united fan always think they know football with their sentimental judgement..smh...if he flop which i know he will not, is it your money undecided
wat sentimental judgement? Go to foreign sports forums and see for urself. Some chelsea fans are even sceptical. You have lukaku who has impressed on loan for two seasons yet chelsea is buying a one season player and still tryin to loan ur best striker at d moment
Re: Breaking News : Diego Costa Completes His Move To Chelsea (Photo) by hensben(m): 10:03pm On Jul 15, 2014
VIPERVENOM: wat sentimental judgement? Go to foreign sports forums and see for urself. Some chelsea fans are even sceptical. You have lukaku who has impressed on loan for two seasons yet chelsea is buying a one season player and still tryin to loan ur best striker at d moment
why did man united buy rvp an injury prone when they have rooney, chicha n welbeck?

1 Like

Re: Breaking News : Diego Costa Completes His Move To Chelsea (Photo) by paramedic: 10:28pm On Jul 15, 2014
JUST when I thought SANITY have been restored to the BPL with the sell of Luis Suarez to Barcelona, there came one Diego Costa!!!!
10 goals, 19 Yellow cards and 12 red cards awaits you!!!!
Welcome to the Royal Blue of London tho
Re: Breaking News : Diego Costa Completes His Move To Chelsea (Photo) by Keky(m): 12:04am On Jul 16, 2014
The Next Mateja Kezman !!!!!!!!
Re: Breaking News : Diego Costa Completes His Move To Chelsea (Photo) by ekundayoalo(m): 7:00am On Jul 16, 2014
hensben: why did man united buy rvp when they have rooney, chicha n welbeck?
Don't mind him, he's sick in the head. It's none of their business. Go Chelsea! Go Diego Costa.
Re: Breaking News : Diego Costa Completes His Move To Chelsea (Photo) by tuffgongjo(m): 2:58pm On Jul 16, 2014

I don't think what she said calls for such Venom,I A̶̲̥̅♏ a chelsea fan$I praying he doesn't turn out to be another Torres.
Re: Breaking News : Diego Costa Completes His Move To Chelsea (Photo) by tuffgongjo(m): 3:00pm On Jul 16, 2014
VIPERVENOM: i just aired my opinion and you're here blabbin. Well i cant blame you. Its typical amongst most chelsea fans. Just because he had one good season doesn't make him world class. Look at benteke for example. Costa is average. He was horrible for spain in the world cup. I repeat. Costa is another torres. And with mourinho's bus parking tactics, he wont score more than 10 goals. #myopinion. You dont like it #dealwithit
I pray u are wrong.
Cause that is gonna break my heart.
Re: Breaking News : Diego Costa Completes His Move To Chelsea (Photo) by tobiboss(m): 3:16am On Jul 17, 2014
Diego goal costa, i just love this guy
#biggerthanlife

(1) (Reply)

Iheanacho Scores Again As City Crash, Osaze Strikes / Eden Hazard And Danny Drinkwater Included In Chelsea Squad To Face Leicester Cit / Bet9ja Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.