Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,143 members, 7,829,086 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

25% Derivative Is Not Too Much Considering The Eco Effects Of Drilling - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 25% Derivative Is Not Too Much Considering The Eco Effects Of Drilling (1629 Views)

Would You Vote PMB Again If Given The Opportunity Considering The Current Issues / Don't You Honestly Miss Him? Considering The Chaotic Condition Of Nigeria? - / Considering The Acts Of Public Speaking; Between GMB & GEJ Who Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

25% Derivative Is Not Too Much Considering The Eco Effects Of Drilling by teemy(m): 10:28pm On Jul 15, 2014
Note: I am not a niger deltan

People live in those communities where the bulk of Nigeria's wealth comes from and if they are asking for 25% of what comes from there, it shouldnot be an hassle to concede it.

They live there
Already their sources of drinking water has been polluted
Their initial source of income i.e farming/fishing has been affected
They will still live there after there is no more oil and bear with the biohazards

Rather than deprive them, I recommend giving them what they want and the federal government should monitor the state expenditure to ensure the side effects of drilling is being catered for and a better life for its citizens. My take

http://www.solarnavigator.net/oil_rigs_deepwater_horizon_british_petroleum.htm

http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/wilderness-resources/stories/the-13-largest-oil-spills-in-history

(1) (Reply)

Photos From Kano Bomb Blast Today / AFRICA BEWARE: President Obama Has Unfortunately Sold Out (african Summit) / Nigerian Air Force Jet Used To Fight Boko-haram Got Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.